Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So uh I just read Keith Giffen's run to prepare for this, because Morrison's Doom Patrol is still my favorite comic.
People actually liked this comic? People actually thought this was a good use of Morrison's stories? People actually thought mr. nobody smashing the toys face in was good comics and not just the usual dc trash? I really hate Dc comics at this point and this run was full of reminders why.

I like the new young animal comic alright but I kind of wish they'd just have started a new continuity with a similar ideas and themes instead of continuing to drag out a long and confused continuity with characters who don't really have anywhere to go now. Make some original new characters with super powered injuries. I just really don't like continuity and passing characters between writers at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I've caught up with the new doom patrol.

I'm feeling it now.
For once, it really feels like someone loves these characters, loved their adventures, and loved them for who they were and is letting them be themselves instead of making them act on someone else's terms. It's not trying to be as smart or dramatic as Morrison's run, it's just having fun, and it's honestly the best Doom Patrol comic in years for it.

With the sale coming on, I might do ANOTHER reread of Morrison's run with links to annotations of the comics I've come across, if anyone would be into that.

• Locked thread