Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Doom Patrol and Mother Panic are the YA books Icm interested the most. I'll probably pick up Cave Carson just for Super Powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I expect it to be mostly just Morrison and some silver age references.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Those pages look more surreal than anything else to me.

I mean, a comic that starts off with a young, teenage girl being killed and having her body taken over just screams lighthearted fun for young teenage girls.

Roth fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 10, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Speaking of which, here's a preview for Doom Patrol #1: http://www.cbr.com/preview-doom-patrols-return-with-eight-pages-from-issue-1/

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Picture of Robotman as he tries to figure out what's happening in the current issue.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Doom Patrol is shaping up to be everything I was hoping it would be.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Anybody check out Frostbite? The first issue came out today, and based on that I think I'll keep up with it for at least a few issues.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I really enjoyed Mother Panic and Doom Patrol.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Shade might end up edging out above Doom Patrol for me. It keeps going back and forth with each new issue, but I think I'll know for sure by the end of the first arcs.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Anybody know what's up with Doom Patrol? There wasn't an issue last month, and it''s not coming out this month either apparently.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, that's 17 books I'm going to be getting on the 25th. My poor wallet.

Roth fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 6, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I liked Mother Panic this week quite a bit. The art's still the strongest part about the book, but I feel like I'm getting more interested in learning more about the title character.

Cave Carson was ok. I really can't say anything one way or the other about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I realize this isn’t an unusual opinion to have, but wow is Sandman is a really good comic.

It’s like watching Godfather, or Cowboy Bebop, or playing MGS3 and fully getting why they get so much praise.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone try Savage Things?

It was ok. Maybe I should give it a re-read because I already forgot what happened in that first issue.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New Vertigo and Young Animal series: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/07/dc-leaks-vertigo-young-animal-announcements-including-new-series-motherland-deathbed/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Death Bed is really good.

• Locked thread