Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Decided to catch up on Shade. Book's really good. Despite the very whimsical art style, there's some pretty dark stuff at play. I'm looking forward to the rest of it. I also got the two most recent Cave Carsons, but the first issue wasn't available at my LGS, so I'm waiting on it arriving from ebay before I actually read the whole series in depth. From what browsing I'd done though, it looks pretty fun and weird, so I'm hoping it can live up to my expectations. Not sure how I feel about the look of Mother Panic, and taking place in Gotham is not really a plus for me. Not sure if Doom Patrol is even at my store, but I guess if they're only publishing quarterly anymore, it's easy to keep up with that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I know it's not supposed to be quarterly, but I don't know how reliable Gerard Way is. Either way, I ended up buying every issue of all the Young Animal series, and enjoyed them all thoroughly. I'll keep up with all 4 series if they continue to entertain me. $15ish is a bargain for a month's worth of these.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed the Arcudi Doom Patrol quite a bit, even though [because] it was basically like 22 issues of infighting, failure, and weirdness. Very little actual super-teaming, even when they were doing exactly that.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Space Fish posted:

This plan has only led to more fun each Wednesday. DC made a series of good calls with this imprint.
I am really enjoying all 4 series, and will be giving the new stuff a chance. I wasn't that big of a fan of Way as a musician, but as a comic imprint curator, he's done great things. On a related note, I picked up his Killjoys run in a bundle from the clearance of my LGS for $8, I'm hoping it ends up good.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Saying that, I'd really like to try Arcudi's series. That's the one they don't care enough to put on Comixology.

I picked up the whole run on ebay for like 20 bucks as a bundle

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It's indicative of the trend that Doom Patrol can't hit its deadlines. They'll get someone more on the ball. At my shop, at least, Cave, Doom Patrol, and Shade all have a decent number of people with it on their pull list, Mother Panic is less so, but still higher than stuff like Blue Beetle, Birds of Prey, or Hellblazer.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I know its old Vertigo, but I just finished Sweet Tooth. Holy poo poo Jeff Lemire is a master. Consistently great stories that pull on my heartstrings.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Good! I'm several issues behind, but I'm glad it's going well. I've got the Doom Patrol Silver Age omnibus sitting in shrink wrap waiting to be read too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Well, you see, as an adult that got back into comics after he had disposable income I have lots of really good stuff to read, too much even. I'm sorta slowing down on picking up new series, because my back issue pile keeps rising. Had I not preordered that omnibus, I'd have never dared to add it to the pile for fear it would gain sentience and destroy me.

But I will definitely check it out soon....ish?

• Locked thread