Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Problem description:
I have a GTX760 graphics card and dual 2560x1440 monitors, and when I fullscreen a youtube or other video, I see tearing near the top of the screen, a horizontal line that looks like everything above it is frame behind or somehow more than one frame behind if that's possible. The location of the tear is fairly consistent though it does wander slightly up or down.

It seems to do this in any application, even just dragging windows around, but is most noticeable during videos.

Do these monitors just have too many pixels for my single graphics card or is something else fucky?

Attempted fixes: I updated to latest Nvidia drivers. I tried setting Vsync to "On" and "Adaptive" but it doesn't seem to help. I also tried enabling triple buffering and that also doesn't seem to make any difference.

Recent changes: Not sure if its coincidence, but I first noticed the screen tearing when I tried to clone one display to my 1080 TV over HDMI (the dual displays are on DVI connectors). I don't think it happened before that but maybe I just hadn't noticed yet. Anyways, the TV is disconnected now and the main displays still show tearing.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

System specs:
CPU: i7 4770K
GPU: GTX760 4GB
RAM: 16GB
Display: Dual 2560x1400 IPS LCD monitors

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try onboard video if you have it and see if that issue continues.

You could also try booting into safe mode and see if the tearing happens then.

• Locked thread