Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Problem description: DirectX 12 is installed on my system according to dxdiag, but the Windows Store Page for Halo 5: Forge, which requires DirectX12, says I don't have it and won't let me download.

Attempted fixes: Updated OS (reads "System is up to date), Updated Nvidia GeForce drivers, disabled onboard video.

Recent changes: N/A

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

System specs: Laptop: Asus N56JN-EB71

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231974

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

--

The Nvidia 840M does support DirectX 12 according to Nvidia's website:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-840m

Everything is up to date, OS and Video Card drivers, but the Windows Store page just has an X next to DirectX 12

Does anyone know of anything that causes the Windows Store to detect system settings incorrectly, or know of a way to force it to recheck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Apparently the version of the Halo 5: Forge store page was put up in error, and now doesn't allow downloads anyway. We'll see if this is still an issue when it "officially" releases later today or tomorrow.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yup, turns out is was an error in the Microsoft Store regarding feature levels. It has been fixed and now detects properly.

• Locked thread