Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682420#post437868649

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think it will be cool to be able to play some Mario on the go, like at school or in the market or on the bus/train/moms car. I always liked mario at home, so mario on the go sounds awesome too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This makes me sad for some reason.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This makes me sad for some reason.

The reason is beyond the 3DS, Nintendo has sucked the llamas rear end for 15+ years and this news only cements their trajectory into the toilet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/773610165354364928

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/773623918779179008

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

That's exactly what you would say if it were a secret

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think it will be cool to be able to play some Mario on the go, like at school or in the market or on the bus/train/moms car. I always liked mario at home, so mario on the go sounds awesome too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

what if you could play those on a $2000 overheating piece of crap with no buttons

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

what if you could play those on a $2000 overheating piece of crap with no buttons

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to shake miyamotos hand personally for this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

walking through nintendo headquarters at the end of the game shaking everyones hands

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can't play the gba ports becaue i get TRIGGERED lol by the bad music + inacurate scaling because ninty had to emulate the fx2 chip effects [technically owned by argonaut software now a subsidiary of sony]

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mabels big day posted:

There was something said about a mode where you "build your own Mushroom Kingdom" with the coins/points you get in the actual game. I want to know what thats about

it's about compelling people to grind for useless poo poo so they keep playing your game long after it's stopped being interesting (source: every other mobile game)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's about compelling people to grind for useless poo poo so they keep playing your game long after it's stopped being interesting (source: every other mobile game)

right but i want to know if i'm going to give them my money for it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

walking through nintendo headquarters at the end of the game shaking everyones hands

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mabels big day posted:

yes

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mabels big day posted:

it probably ties into to the competitive/social metagame so... maybe? if your friends are all really into it for a long time?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

• name is Super Mario Run
  • Not free to play - it's a paid app
  • New SMB art style
  • some sites say it is an infinite runner, some sites specifically say it is not an infinite runner
  • iphone only. tap to jump

Awesome, just Awesome. So glad to see Nintendo has listened to my feedback. So much wuv for this company <3 :3

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Ah...as usual...and as if right on queue, here comes the regressive anti-mobile gamers to poo poo on everyones parade.

Guess what,myou babbies, gamers of today dont want to be chained to a console playing some boring 100 hr long zelda or metroid game. Keep that poo poo in the 80s, gently caress. Where it belongs. MODERN gamers want bite size, pay to play apps. Sorry grandpas, the day of "ocarina of time" style snoozefests are LONG GONE. and i couldnt be more happier.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Ah...as usual...and as if right on queue, here comes the regressive anti-mobile gamers to poo poo on everyones parade.

Guess what,myou babbies, gamers of today dont want to be chained to a console playing some boring 100 hr long zelda or metroid game. Keep that poo poo in the 80s, gently caress. Where it belongs. MODERN gamers want bite size, pay to play apps. Sorry grandpas, the day of "ocarina of time" style snoozefests are LONG GONE. and i couldnt be more happier.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

on point as usual R_C_. thank you for having a mature outlook on nintendo gaming

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

[to the super mario theme]

mo-bile games, are fuh-king e-he-pic cmon its time to go! iosMario! Shi-gyy is, a gently caress-ing geni-ous, i-am get-ting hype-to pay-to-win! Man this decision is such a goo-ood idea, man its really e-pic win! I cant wait to buy all the- in/app/purchases

[mario going into pipe sound, world 1-2 music begins]

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

mo-bile games, are fuh-king e-he-pic cmon its time to go! iosMario! Shi-gyy is, a gently caress-ing geni-ous, i-am get-ting hype-to pay-to-win! Man this decision is such a goo-ood idea, man its really e-pic win! I cant wait to buy all the- in/app/purchases

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

lmfao Your a genius dude.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That post is murking me lmfao.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

lmfao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

That post is murking me lmfao.

i dranka big coffee from starbucks and now im hyper and posting all kinds of dumb crap.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

:staredog:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Good god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[to world 1-2 music]

This is loving epic.

Mobile games are epic.

Really loving epic.

Really loving epic.

I /cant/wait/to/gi-ve

Shiggy all-of-my-cash.

• Locked thread