Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hello, I am forums poster, Baal. You may remember me from such threads as the Type-Moon thread, the JoJo threads, and even... yes... the Danganronpa 3 thread. I am a poster renowned far and wide by many.

You can even see my posting feats here. Just regard other great poster opinions on my posting and former moderation here!!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Baal was right. Persona 5 does suck

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Baal gave me one that I probably deserved but it was only because he couldn't find the far more deserving post everyone was complaining about. Which was funny and only 12 hours at night time so I didn't mind.

That Robot posted:

baal is the realist n*gga

also ishtar is p cool

I have been sanctioned by our wonderful and blessed moderator, Bad Seafood, to livepost about the anime I'm watching right now.

Some things to know about Baal before reading the thread
-Enjoys Fate, JoJo, and Devil May Cry.
-The stuff I read more than most tends to be Shonen, Comedy, and anything particularly adventure based. My tastes are not very versatile, but I like to believe I'm willing to be open-minded about branching out.
-The characters I enjoy tend to be very, how to say, rough? Delinquents, Hot-headed, Psychos, Tomboys, people who are generally very outspoken, but also don't back down from tribulations or are just outright insane. I do deviate sometimes from this, but this does seem to be the common thread.
-Bad Seafood smells bad.
-I am very neurotic.
-I'm not very averse to spoilers, I find my own fun if I know something already.
-I am a big fan of voice acting, my knowledge generally leans in favor of English voice actors, but I do know plenty of Japanese ones as well. Among some of my favorite english vas are Steve Blum, Benjamin Diskin, Matthew Mercer, Stephanie Sheh, and Liam O'Brien, while on the latter side there are Daisuke Ono, Yuichi Nakamura, Aoi Yuki, Keiji Fujiwara, and Tomokazu Sugita.
-I have an abhorrent sleep cycle (I consistently go to sleep at like 4 in the afternoon and end up sometimes stay up for 24 hours, it's pretty bad).

Anime/Manga I am in right now

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Episodes Watched: 39/50
Voice Language: English
Opinion so far: Poor

Gundam Seed is a show that tells the story of Kira Yamato and the crew of a military ship known as, the Archangel. A war rages on from a prior world shaking incident between the Earth Fedearartion and Zaft Space Military and in this chaos a neutral nation that houses a coordinator child by the name of Kira Yamato, is attacked by the Zaft Military attempting to take prototype weapons of the Earth Federation. This causes a skirmish in the middle of a populated city and Kira Yamato through various circumstances winds up piloting one of the prototypes to rout off the Zaft Military. In the ensuing fight, the neutral nation of Heliopolis is destroyed and Kira and his friends find themselves being forced into joining the Earth Federation Military for the sake of their own lives and fight the Zaft Military in the ongoing war.

I've been watching Gundam for about two years now and just recently finished a good chunk of the UC materials and am finally branching out to non-UC stuff. I chose Seed as my first series since it is an incredibly controversial series to many of its fans and I wanted to see for myself how bad it could honestly be. I am sorry to say that my opinion is probably no more positive or unique than anyone else's, I'm generally tired of the show by this point. From the characters not being very engaging to the mechs not having interesting designs to the lame character designs it starts to wear on me. Nothing about the show is inherently offensive, but it doesn't feel like I'm actually enjoying anything in it, I'm just sort of pushing through it with no characters to really care about. From a visual perspective I also just genuinely think these character designs are tiresome and very samey sometimes. No one particularly stands out amongst anyone else in design and even the mobile suits kind of blend together after a while as well.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Episodes Watched: 22/23 (Ongoing)
Opinion so far: Good

Diamond is Unbreakable is about Josuke Higashikata, a high-schooler living in the town of Morioh-Cho. His nephew comes to him one day to talk to him about his father's will and inheritance and they both learn of a serial killer in the town with mysterious powers. This initial meeting is a catalyst for the adventure that follows; both of them meeting a variety of strange people in Morioh, finding a 15-year long serial killer, and even making some hard cash. This is the fourth part in the series and it's generally well-regarded by a ton of people who read it. I love Part 4 myself and have been looking forward to this adaptation for a good minute. There's some issues with of the more lower effort episodes and I don't care for how they decided to changed the place of another episode, but David Pro has been pretty solid with this adaptation so far. A thing I love about part 4 is how the adventure now is condensed to a small town so you get familiar with the town and its inhabitants unlike Part 3 where it was a globe-trotting adventure that would be very monster of the week, not that I don't love Part 3 as well. I'm an episode behind, but that's because last week and this week's episodes are one of my favorite arcs in Part 4 and I want to watch them back to back for maximum enjoyment.

Berserk
Chapters Read: 176/346 (Ongoing)
Opinion so far: Amazing

Berserk follows Guts, a swordsman seeking revenge for a horrible crime an old friend committed on him and others. The story goes into Guts' childhood, what made him the way he is today, the monster fueled by rages he's becoming, and what he could possibly do to harness that and control it and not let it overpower him. The story Guts' long campaign weaves is told through blood, tears, war, and human suffering of the highest caliber. I originally slept on Berserk for quite a while because I had heard the tales of Miura taking forever to update and didn't want to get too attached to something that could potentially take forever to finish. After watching the new anime, I quickly started reading the manga and did not look back. I am enjoying the hell out of Berserk, not only for its characters, brutal fights, and downright depressing atmosphere, but because the art conveys so much. There is just a lot of amazing art in Berserk whether it be full double-page spreads or even Guts just talking to the demon on his shoulder as the demon weaves in and out of trees in the background and it is given so much beautiful detail. I have recently finished the Conviction Arc and while I feel it started stronger than it ended, I still had a lot of fun reading it and I consider it the weakest part of Berserk, but at the same time the weakest part of Berserk still had me reading it obsessively and enjoying it a lot.

Mob Psycho 100
Episodes Watched: 1/9 (Ongoing)
Opinion so far: Really good

Mob Psycho 100 is about ghosts and other paranormal nonsense and the people who deal with them. Arataka Reigen is a con-artist posing as a premiere psychic with cheap prices to deal out exorcisms. When his methods don't work and convince clients the spirits are dealt with, he calls in his assistant, Mob. An eighth grader with unbelievably powerful psychic abilities, Mob handily dispatches the spirits he is requested to handle, but Mob still has his own inner turmoil to deal with. Reigen helps him out with these and the two form a genuine partnership, that for better-or-worse gets the job done. I pretty recently got into Mob Psycho and am enjoying it a lot right now. The use of colors is incredibly powerful and vibrant defining all of the spirits and powers so well and with such ferocity. The characters are very quirky, but still somehow serious about what they're doing and it makes them very charming to watch. This is just from episode 1 mind you, but I'm looking forward to watching more of this.

There is an omitted section that will be added later, Bad Seafood requested I had this done before he goes to sleep.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe Baal trolled me by making me think he was watching the new Berserk anime for a split second, in his anime livepost thread.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Not in it. Voted 1

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:gas:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ga-

Hmm maybe not

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I blame thank Zoglin for this.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

https://a.pomf.cat/ydizfr.mp4

To be continued... in this thread?

let's hope not

z0glin Warchief fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 8, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

in before omitted section gets added

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

Please don't watch the the creepy Fate show tyia.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

baal sucks but i respect him for his suckage levels

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
when's the next lp update drat it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I feel honored that Baal acknowledged me in the OP. Thanks for brightening my day a little, bud

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Free Baal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

watch digimon tamers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I can't believe Baal trolled me by making me think he was watching the new Berserk anime for a split second, in his anime livepost thread.

I've seen two eps of the new berserk anime and it's terrible

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

when's the next lp update drat it

Soon, I just got back from a trip from Florida

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I feel honored that Baal acknowledged me in the OP. Thanks for brightening my day a little, bud

Np

Endorph posted:

watch digimon tamers

I've seen it three times

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ball is a nerd

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rude

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Baal's a cool dude and I enjoyed him being probated with his favorite song.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Get to work on kara no kyoukai it's been a year since you said you would

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now I'm pushing it back further

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ball would be cool and not a nerd if he watched a good anime like beyblade IMO

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've seen beyblade God dammit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what is your favourite beyblade mine is metal greymon

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mine is Metabee

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

Now I'm pushing it back further

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I bingewatched Psycho Mob 100 and it is good beyond the first episode as well.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Hey I made the op nice.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cool thread OP I hope it ends up in the posting hall of fame

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Namtab posted:

Get to work on kara no kyoukai it's been a year since you said you would

kara no kyoukai 5 is my favorite anime movie, shame on you baal

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

baal what is the anime you are watching right NOW

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

baal what is the anime you are watching right NOW

I just woke up so Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got two exdeath armors and a faris armlet, not bad

Alright, gonna start pushing my way towards finishing SEED now

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Beef go home

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
the endgame of seed is the best part.

though that's not saying much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i dont see anyway liveposting of anime in here but instead final fantasy mobile game liveposting, im so dissappointed baal

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Granblu is a better final fantasy mobage

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care about Cagalli but the military uniforms in this are so nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SEED isn't awful, but nothing about it really stands out besides Rau.

And then there's Destiny.

• Locked thread