Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what a waste of time. you pretty much can learn everything you need to know from watching others playing video games. your tax payer dollars at worksm folks! :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

wikihow taught me how to live a better life

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Some of history's greatest conqueror/dictators never went to school and they took over large chunks of land and forced people to worship them as God kings.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
School doesn't even teach you how to use a loving TURN SIGNAL so anything else it accomplishes is worthless garbage.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
All you need is Reddit: The front page of the internet :shrug:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
In school I started texting people I'm "cumming" instead of "coming" and never stopped doing it. Now I make millions of dollars and I can fart whenever I want to.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

2 buy video games

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
You know who else dropped out of college, mom? BILL GATES

*works helpdesk for 30 years*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wish i could have watched taken someone take a bath :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
my school had a magic the gathering club

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Video games are for animals op

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Privatize and make school optional.
Feel the Johnson bitches.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I had a really bad time in school because half a dozen different people every year had authority and responsibility over me and i hated not being in control of my destiny like hey fucker youre not my mom I'm NOT writing this essay for you. I wouldn't do it for my dad and he hits me so lol if you think you can make me do anythong haha yeah right

Whats a truancy judge

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i had a bad time in school because it was a goddamn waste of time at least half the time

1st semester, esp math classes:

:eng101: "We're going to spend this semester going over everything you forgot over the summer!"
me: "... really dude come on..."
rest of class: "Good bc we forgot EVERYTHING HAHAHA"
me: :suicide:

AP/Honors classes.

e: oh and stop loving teaching me how to take notes dogs I'm sorry you can do that freshman year but when I'm already a Junior and taking AP US History you don't need to insist I use YOUR specific way of notetaking or get marked off that's STUPID BABY poo poo YOU FUCKS

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My german 2 teacher had a full blown meltdown because 1. Me and about half the students came from a feeder school with an actual berliner teaching HER accent with her dialect quirks, and mrs. German 2 taught a strictly bavarian pronunciation and would flip iut if anyone reverted to a berlin style way of speaking. She indeed spent a huge chunk of the first semester making us relearn pronluncing the ch sound, umlaut voicing, and all kinds of poo poo thats not exactly fun the first time around.

Then she had to teach her 2nd unit twice since while she was trying to erase what she saw as dirt german we basically didnt learn the present perfect tense or genitive at all, which is a big deal and i know none of you care but it was amazing how bad her decision making was like making us unlearn german from an actual german before really teaching new material lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I took an AP environmental studies class that had 2 lab periods a week, but labs consisted of just going out in the woods and smoking weed for 2 periods, and then writing up a lab report about dirt or something

we also had a gym class called wilderness exploration, which was just walking through the woods for 40 minutes (and smoking weed)

Those classes were fun

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

My german 2 teacher had a full blown meltdown because 1. Me and about half the students came from a feeder school with an actual berliner teaching HER accent with her dialect quirks, and mrs. German 2 taught a strictly bavarian pronunciation and would flip iut if anyone reverted to a berlin style way of speaking. She indeed spent a huge chunk of the first semester making us relearn pronluncing the ch sound, umlaut voicing, and all kinds of poo poo thats not exactly fun the first time around.

Then she had to teach her 2nd unit twice since while she was trying to erase what she saw as dirt german we basically didnt learn the present perfect tense or genitive at all, which is a big deal and i know none of you care but it was amazing how bad her decision making was like making us unlearn german from an actual german before really teaching new material lol

Teachers are mad with power and it's probably the easiest possible degree to get from college.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
ima prowd grad uv publik skkools

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Check out this picture of a cool grill:

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
school is cool because it taught me true suffering thanks government/god you are sure good at controlling things and totally not sluggish to grow with the changing noosphere of human potential.

What was that sertorious? You said something?
About Augustus.
Sluggish?
Maybe you should go ahead sertorious, go rally the barbarians, enslave them to a proper future, show 'em how it's not the system's fault but the people that occupy it.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I didnt go to school, luckily I had made my first few millions in the bacteria trade far before they even had truancy as a concept

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
bcause theyre losers

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
At school we learned how to microwave a potato for a quick meal of nutrition. At school we went on computers and played Sim earth

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dave_Indeed posted:

Teachers are mad with power and it's probably the easiest possible degree to get from college.

See, this is true, but I found my life to be a whole lot easier if I didn't try to confront people who can make my life lovely by wasting time, committing me to after school activities against my will, or referring me to be disciplined in disruptive ways all the way up to referring us to a judge who had held the seat since HE was in highschool. This motherfucker turned 18, ran for a judge position, won, and has held that office, and afaik still does, and he gets rock hard as diamonds giving children lawful but insane punishments for bad behavior, truancy, or repeated insubordination.

That idiot german teacher became my favorite teacher, and me one of her favorite students, because she made people she didn't like miserable. It's really gay but the secret of schooling is that you have to take anything you get out of it. If you're just a dandy ol' badass that doesn't want to absorb anything you can from a bunch of losers who lecture children and teenagers for a living, then you'll get nothing but bad memories and have a lingering hate for people who are honestly probably better people than you

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in school because I'm a loser.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

hemophilia posted:

That idiot german teacher became my favorite teacher, and me one of her favorite students, because she made people she didn't like miserable.

u sound like a bitch and should have maybe tried to stand up for human beings trying to get an education but were being unfairly picked on by a grown adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

All you need is Reddit: The front page of the internet :shrug:

And friends <3

• Locked thread