Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

KKKoras posted:

ur a loving human being with lovely opinions and the wit of a rake. it sucks to tell you this but you belong here just not anywhere else and not for money

Calm down, Dare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKoras
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
kevin boner is a loving human being and so is paul calahan. career losers and mic liars. gently caress those fags ban them and their lovely opinions.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
ultimate meltdown

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Calm down, Dare.

He's right though.

KKKoras
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

shoophobo posted:

ultimate meltdown

JGHEAJHHAPKHAJEHas;'nhpneap{ohanehp:"aljneha:l"fjka)eifenahkalngs:asgmasd"?lgmsdp{hkgn sadhah ?. :d :barf: :shrek:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ratbert the type of dude who makes fun of iPhones and brags about his windows phone.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

iPhone 7 #hissghazi

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-plus-hissing/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Early adopters are so stupid.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

isnt this like all electronics

all these tech bloggers are utterly ignorant and retarded

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Worlds most advanced hissing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Are people loading up the processor and then holding the phone up to their ear? Obviously they are holding it wrong

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Is shipping your phone with a trash DSP part of being Brave?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Nill posted:

Is shipping your phone with a trash DSP part of being Brave?

Well i dunno but I can tell you have to be pretty brave to battle the small hissing snakes they're shipping with the 7.

Kudos Apple for making people battle their fears.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-7/
It's a feature you bastards!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That just means the user is upsetting the iPhone's machine-spirit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao Apple is now thinking about removing the standard 3.5mm headphone jack from their laptop products:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...y-a7310896.html

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't MS just drop WP7 support and refuse to update older phones to 8 and shrugged their shoulders when people complained

Yes they did. And they wonder why people won't buy into their platform anymore (besides the fact they have no loving apps).

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Just lol if you buy aren't buying the S version iPhones. They always have some dumb bullshit that's wrong with the regular numbered version that gets worked out with the S model.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The French Army! posted:

Just lol if you buy aren't buying the S version iPhones. They always have some dumb bullshit that's wrong with the regular numbered version that gets worked out with the S model.

Also Iphone 6s prices will go down since the new phone is out and nerds no longer will feel that their old phone is adequate.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Serrath posted:

Serious question, do American phone plans not offer steep discounts on iphones when you sign up for new contracts? I get a new phone every couple of years on my basic plan, I think I pay about $5 over the monthly cost of the plan for handset repayments and it comes with whatever phone happens to be the latest one. The iPhone release schedule seems to coincide with my contract expiring so I get a new phone every two years. And the $5 is because I wanted a plus instead of the basic phone.

Getting a new phone isn't a status symbol in Australia, it just means your contract ran out and you signed up for a new contract.

They do but it's more like $20-30/mo here for the brand new fancy phones and it isn't a "discount" so much as just financing and you end up paying more than the total retail value of the phone by the time your contract is up most of the time.

Like T-Mobile is doing +$27.09/mo for 24 months for the iPhone 7, which ends up being what the retail cost is ($650) BUT you have to have great credit AND you have to be trading in an iPhone 6 or 6s (worth *at least* $100 if you sell it on your own) and they also tack a $20 one time fee just because gently caress you SIM card fee.

So really it's just another punishment for those who NEED to have the latest crap but are too poor to buy it outright.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 18, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

They found out what was causing it.
It's the flatten out 'help us' rice paper the workers have stuffed into the phones in an attempt to alert outsiders melting to the circuits .

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

happyhippy posted:

They found out what was causing it.
It's the flatten out 'help us' rice paper the workers have stuffed into the phones in an attempt to alert outsiders melting to the circuits .

It also has your lucky numbers on back.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Roylicious posted:

They do but it's more like $20-30/mo here for the brand new fancy phones and it isn't a "discount" so much as just financing and you end up paying more than the total retail value of the phone by the time your contract is up most of the time.

Like T-Mobile is doing +$27.09/mo for 24 months for the iPhone 7, which ends up being what the retail cost is ($650) BUT you have to have great credit AND you have to be trading in an iPhone 6 or 6s (worth *at least* $100 if you sell it on your own) and they also tack a $20 one time fee just because gently caress you SIM card fee.

So really it's just another punishment for those who NEED to have the latest crap but are too poor to buy it outright.

You have it wrong. T-mobile is offering a free iPhone 7 if you trade in a 6 or 6s. You don't have to trade in anything for the $27.09/mo deal, that's just paying off the phone over 2 years at full price.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

yeah aka by a poor

lol at straight up elitist classism over loving cell phones

remember when instagram was an ios-only app and when they ported it over to android twitter was awash with people bitching because that meant POORS could use it

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWUBXv8PAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gB2_W-njgQ

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think I'd prefer the label "pppppoor" to "Iphone owner".
Anyone with the vaguest modicum of intelligence can see that i-Things, are just ridiculously overpriced normal things with an "i" added.
This is coming from someone who has owned a bunch of macs back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8hUwGNqa8M

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 18, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The lesson here is never run out and buy something for the first 6 months. It will either sound like a bomb or actually be a bomb

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

The lesson here is never run out and buy something for the first 6 months. It will either sound like a bomb or actually be a bomb

early adopting is never a good idea IMO

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

etalian posted:

buying Apple products is never a good idea IMO

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Last year we said it was a bad year for smartphones because the 810 was a mini fusion reactor. This year is also a bad year for smartphones because they are either exploding or sound like they are about to explode. What will next year bring?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Last year we said it was a bad year for smartphones because the 810 was a mini fusion reactor. This year is also a bad year for smartphones because they are either exploding or sound like they are about to explode. What will next year bring?

Singularities.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TontoCorazon posted:

Singularities.

But Apple is ditching holes from their phones :confused:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

But Apple is ditching holes from their phones :confused:

So brave

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

TontoCorazon posted:

Singularities.

our new phone is a dense black thing that absorbs all light and heat. but it does have a headphone jack

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my name isnt jack

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how long before a bold tech writer stands up at one of these appple pansy pow wows and proclaims "sir, by removing the headphone jack from your platform youve removed me from your platform"

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Roylicious posted:

It's almost as if you didn't go for a gimmick plan and actually just bought a phone and sold it at whichever interval you needed a new phone on craigslist or swappa (1/2/3 years), you might come out ahead.

If you want a new iPhone every year, either go the easy route and do the iPhone upgrade program through Apple itself, or deal with a contract with your cell phone company, OR JUST loving BUY ONE WITHOUT HAVING A COMPANY TAKE ON THE COST AND PROFIT. Yes, when I bought my last phone, it cost as much as a computer... good news everyone: I can sell it for that cost minus about $200. That's actually less every year than I'd pay under an upgrade program because I don't have a middleman subsidizing me and demanding a profit. Why do you idiots think you can get a flagship phone, either Android or Apple, and pay $100 or $200? You're taking credit out and the company that gives credit is going to want profit. That means that you personally pay more than the actual cost of the phone.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

$200/year if you actually need to upgrade every year is $16/month.

If you can get the new phone next year for that cost, go for it. Otherwise just loving put your dick on the table and sell it the next year you want to sell.

It gets even cheaper if you only upgrade every 2 years, you average out to much less a month.

ballistics statistics fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 19, 2016

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

gently caress anyone that signs a contract and then complains about the cost of a brand new phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i use boost mobile, $30 a month, and my phone cost me $50 :)

• Locked thread