Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
over in iyg some rear end in a top hat who runs some lovely smartphone gaming blog is using the fact that 99.93% of the people who browse his site don't leave a comment as proof that the "no headphone jack" thing is overblown nerd poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

You're not going to link to it so we can laugh at them?

i would but i don't know if i'd get probed for helldumping or some poo poo

smythe?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Aralan posted:

I went looking because a retard is being a baby, it's this post I guess, but it's not even that bad of a post so I just assume that guy savagely burned retard before and he's mad about it or something

i don't think i've ever posted in iyg more than once or twice in the android thread and he sure as hell wouldn't post there

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
it's telling that yospos is making GBS threads all over it while iyg is all OH PLEASE GIVE ME MORE OF YOUR JIZZ TIM

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
tim cook is running apple into the ground and probably fucks cam newton on the down low. war eagle

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
t-mobile is cool

i'm on a $30/month plan with 5 gigs of data, unlimited text and 100 minutes (which is fine because i'm retarded and have no life and when i do go over google hangouts/skype handles the rest)

it also supports unlimited streaming of video (netflix/youtube/hulu) and audio (pandora/spotify) plus i can tether

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Randal posted:

I have the same thing but when I tried spotify I saw it running up my data.

you sure you weren't streaming anything else because spotify doesn't count against your streaming music data

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Away all Goats posted:

at least you can still look cool with the new wireless AirPods

that angle makes it look like he's some deathcore kid with inch wide ear gauges

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wouldn't consider buying a Mac desktop but I mean aren't Macbooks pretty much the best laptops money can buy? I mean yeah you're kind of overpaying for what you're getting but they're at least good right?

it's basically either macbooks or thinkpads

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

WhyteRyce posted:

I recommend Macbooks because it's a built-in price barrier keeps them from grabbing some crap $300 Walmart version. I know if I recommend some kind of Lenovo or even Surface they'd end up buying some HP garbage because "it has an i5 isn't that the same thing"

the irony is that most people who buy macbooks just use it for email and internet and they could do the exact same thing with not much visible performance loss on a $300 piece of poo poo from walmart

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

NihilismNow posted:

Unless it is a lenovo. Then it just reinstalls the malware via a UEFI backdoor (not even joking).

fortunately the thinkpads never had that poo poo

basically never buy a non-thinkpad lenovo

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
i'm using a laptop with 10 installed and it's alright but i'm still a tad :tinfoil: about the telemetry and the data collection. like is there an actual legitimate reason for all of that poo poo? every time people brought it up in shsc other people would respond with "lol take off your tinfoil hat" without actually explaining why it's not a big deal

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

What I understood the case to be when this was a Big Deal is that iOS and Android (particularly Android) (and maybe OSX???? not as sure about that one) already do all of this poo poo too and it's just The Way It Works Now

so jack poo poo then

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

It might be almost impossible for them to gently caress up in a bad enough way for people to care, I guess

So Apple like just straight pitched removing the jack as an innovation, right?

Preeeeetttty ballsy

not even apple could spin up a reason why so they just said at their keynote that it took "courage"

also apparently the entire iphone 7 design process was a total clusterfuck and in all likelihood the jack will be back next year

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought there was a more indepth explanation that was given where they basically talked about how they were struggling to fit in the second camera in the layout so they started exploring drastic ideas. Someone tried out removing the headphone jack and realized it made all their problems go away. And as a bonus it made it easier sticking in that haptic home button thingy. So they then just decided to go with that and work on the justifications later

and they wouldn't have had to do that if they stopped trying to make their phones thinner after the 5. nobody's given a poo poo about how thin their phone is for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

yeah aka by a poor

lol at straight up elitist classism over loving cell phones

remember when instagram was an ios-only app and when they ported it over to android twitter was awash with people bitching because that meant POORS could use it

• Locked thread