Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Did we ever figure out who this is a rereg of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I hope apple gets rid of the caps lock next

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The Biscuit posted:

*runs into the thread; is panting and sweating*

.. I'm never buying an iphone because they removed the 3,5" audio jack!
Please felate me GBS for sticking it to the man!

*masturbates furiously* because not even GBS would put out

lol at anyone bragging about not buying a loving mobile phone.

Versus bragging about buying a phone ?(ie an entire subforum)

They are both retads

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I said come in! posted:

When is the new Nexus phones coming out? I am waiting for that to happen before making the jump to Google Project Fi.

Buy one now, they're switching to lovely Chinese companies now for political reasons and they are going to suck

eig posted:

all i kno is i literally did not buy the Moto Z bc it didnt have a headphone jack and i was like how am i supposed to charge my phone at the same time

Isn't that the one with the retaded modular accessories that all cost hundrefs of dollars

Another post chinese buyout design, naturally

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

Why pay twice as much for a metal case when you are covering it in plastic? You are covering your thin sleek EXPENSIVE metal case with plastic and make it look like a much cheaper phone.

You are like an old lady that puts plastic covers on her sofa.

The phones are intentionally designed to need a case. It's all a scam

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

loquacius posted:

I used Nokias for years because (a) I really wanted Windows Phone to work :negative:

Wtf

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

No literally, the word "bluetooth" sounds like garbage.

It is named after a danish king with rotten teeth

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tenspott posted:

I saw the one that lets you add on a real camera or a projector and it was interesting but not interesting enough for me to buy it.

The projector is $300 and only works with that phone.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The camera is also $300. The same price as an actual camera

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Berious posted:

Trouble is they're only doing it to make even thinner phones. Who are these people that are all buying thinner at the expense of everything phones? Give me a fat old phone with decent battery life and doesn't look like it'll snap in half if you look at it wrong.

Actually the new iPhone isn't any thinner thsn before

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

two forty posted:

Wasn't the lack of a head phone jack kinda known/rumored months ago? I'm sure I read about it, might have even been on gbs.

As a person who occasionally leaves my parents' basement, I use headphones when I run or ride one of my bikes but I'm sure that's not a problem for most goons.

It was rumored but nobody wanted to believe it because it sounded too stupid to be true. The same thing that happened with the apple watch

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

GreatGreen posted:

Unless an increase in usable lifespan is a desirable and competitive enough feature that it increases your sales enough to counterbalance the lost future sales.

In other words, sometimes making an actual quality product is a good and profitable thing.

Then again Apple already has enough market share and cultural influence aka guaranteed loyal customers aka suckers that it doesn't have to worry so much about stuff like that.

It's weird how to break into a market and gain market share you have to build an excellent product all around for competition's sale but for retaining established market dominance it seems like you have to do the opposite: make whizbang gadgety toys with as short of a lifespan as possible to keep your loyal sucker customers buying as often as possible while the gettin's good.

If the American car industry is any example, you can keep riding the leftover reputation for about 10-20 years before people figure it out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tenspott posted:

The cars the us auto industry is producing now are so much better than what they made 20 years ago. I don't think their reputation has caught up with their actual product.

Correct, it will take another 10-20 years for people to figure this out

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

I think the increase in quality is because in return for the bailout Obama can personally gut any auto executive that displeases him in any way.

No sll the better stuff was already in development whrn the bailout hit. If anything political meddling has hurt the i dustry by bringing in hugely incompetent executives like dan akerson and the fiat guy

Also the Chrysler deal was just insanely bad and pretty much the fauly of the obams administration

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Smythe posted:

the nexus 6p is the best phone you can buy rn. hth OP

I know people with them and they are buggy trash just like all huawei phones

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mozi posted:

regulate deez nuts

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gaunab posted:

no one complained when samsung got rid of removable batteries for the galaxy 7. at least i don't think anyone did

A lot of people did

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

The older USB connectors were very bad from a mechanical perspective and also some of the horrible made in china cables would use the wrong resistance which could burn out the charging device.

All the above problems got fixed with the never USB-C standard.

Aren't like nearly 99% of currently available usb c accessories out of spec chinese garbage? There was some google engineer who got a bug up his butt about this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

NihilismNow posted:

Has a FLIR camera as well.

Ok this is kind of cool

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

Oh. It is kind of a borderline case. I assume the existing devices physically block the charging port.

They dont and it's not a borderlone case because the ipads are often used to replace pos terminals

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Justin Tyme posted:

What even is better about the iPhone 7 anyway, like aren't phones good enough for their intended purpose at this point. Why even bother getting the iPhone 7 if it takes away a useful feature and just stick with the iPhone 6? Or just not buy the new iPhone?

Because the battery will age and be a pita to replace and also they're going to stop making os updates for it so you won't be able to run new software

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

Yeha but it also pushed manufacturers to adopt the loving piece of poo poo touchpad.

Agreed, pointing stick is the one true mouse substitute

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

opus111 posted:

The trackpads are what make apple laptops worth it.

The imac is really bad though, as is the watch. The iPhone 4S was gadget perfection.

all trackpads are trash, no exceptions

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

TrackPoint supremacy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also took em what like 2 decades to admit that maybe a second mouse button was a good idea

Jesus that loving puck mouse

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

Trackballs are great if your keyboard doesn't have a Trackpoint

Nooner posted:

I think this guy is just a big fan of BALLS in general :grin:

Clitmouse best mouse

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

I refuse to call anything a "dongle"

A dongle is a hardware license key. An adapter is just an adapter not a dongle

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So i was chatting with a friend and the little splitter thing that lets you charge and use the headphones at the same time costs $40

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

zen death robot posted:

you could just buy some bluetooth headphones too

He has some $300 headphones he wants to use. He also owns an ipad pro. Oh and an enormous rose gold panerai the size of a small hubcap which doesnt really match the rose gold apple stuff.

He is not good with money.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He is also more of a former coworker than a close friend

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

thathonkey posted:

rose gold is ugly as gently caress especially for a guy to have

Mind you this is on a 5'6" balding jewish man with extremely unruly chest hair

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VectorSigma posted:

so how long until the ipone is just a small glass cube with no ports or buttons that just tells you what to do all day and cuts you if you touch the edges

It will monitor your vital signs but only if used as a suppository. If it is removed from the rectum it will enter lock mode until reinserted (for your safety)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

is this the one that blows up and burns people because too bad if not

That's like every phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless