Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
* Makes anti-consumer moves in order to satisfy shareholders *

* Markets revolt, share price plunges *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Fried Watermelon posted:

When will Apple make a phone that you can never turn off until it needs to recharge

Honestly surprised they haven't done this already, they'd receive a huge cash bonus from the CIA

hint: TLA's can already turn on phones remotely. Having a non-replaceable battery works wonders for this.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Mange Mite posted:

It was rumored but nobody wanted to believe it because it sounded too stupid to be true. The same thing that happened with the apple watch

Hey now there's nothing stupid about a watch that gets an entire day of battery life and has poor input capabilities.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

loquacius posted:

The entire concept of a smartwatch is dated, you can just tell that everybody who greenlit the idea watched a ton of sci-fi shows in the 70s

No you see, look at this list of valid smartwatch use cases:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Germstore posted:

wireless charging increases the thickness of the phone. Qi was dropped from nexus 5 to 5x for this reason.

Exactly how thin does a phone need to be exactly? I just measured my phone with a set of calipers and it's 9.6mm (0.38") thick. It has wireless charging and a 3500mAH battery. If anything, I'd prefer a thicker phone because it can be hard to hold up something so thin during phone calls.

EDIT: Not to mention, the addon QI mats for phones go inside the battery case. They're literally paper-thin.

revmoo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 10, 2016

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm seriously eyeing the Cat S60 (if they manage to root it) and that thing is like 3/4" thick. Thick is good, gives you something to grip on to. I hate this trend with thin phones and rounded bezels so they slip right out of your hand.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

notZaar posted:

Ever since I got the steam link I have not been able to sit down in an office chair to play a videogame. I feel like I have been living a lie all my life.

I don't think people realize how freaking amazing the Steam Link is. Valve really needs to work harder on marketing those things.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

LethalGeek posted:

I understand why people try not to use Windows & Active Directory but it sure never seems to work as well.

Agreed. I am a huge Linux geek but drat, use the right tool for the job.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

ratbert90 posted:

I had a 2015 Macbook pro for a job and it was poo poo. Sure it was fast, but as soon as you hooked up a external monitor and had a VM running the entire OS bogged down and started rendering things at 15fps. Even with a discreet GPU.

What.

I've been using a 2013 MBP for the last several years for development work and I have no idea what you're talking about unless Apple somehow totally gimped their newer models in a way I don't know about.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Indy posted:

If you have to run vm all the time, why dont you buy a pc? Seems retarded if you ask me.

Because developers use VMs regardless of what host OS they have.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ratbert the type of dude who blots grease off his pizza with a napkin

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Germstore posted:

The audience is the same audience trackballs have always had. Of course they are optical now.

Trackball people are loving weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

Haha loving quoting this

• Locked thread