Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It may be COD, so I never bought it, but I can't deny that it's cool that COD did a straight up cyber-punk game with BLOPS3. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Welp, this LP convinced me to pick this up. I haven't played since MW3 so all this robot stuff is kinda cool.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Welp, this LP convinced me to pick this up. I haven't played since MW3 so all this robot stuff is kinda cool.

Yeah, it's pretty different. There was a pretty big "Back to WWII" base of players in both the Battlefield and CoD communities for a while and this game and Advanced Warfare only upset them with the insistence on setting the titles in the future (BF somehow avoided most of this by setting their new game in WWI, but that unleashed a different type of pissed off fan). I think it was a good option because I don't think they can really change the core gameplay of CoD these days and get away with it. Yeah, you can jump around and slide and you have a character select thing going on in multiplayer, but the core mechanics of aiming and shooting and how the multipliers and everything work is identical to what it was in MW1.

I'll spend more time talking about this when it's time to do some multiplayer videos.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Lazyfire posted:

Yeah, it's pretty different. There was a pretty big "Back to WWII" base of players in both the Battlefield and CoD communities for a while and this game and Advanced Warfare only upset them with the insistence on setting the titles in the future (BF somehow avoided most of this by setting their new game in WWI, but that unleashed a different type of pissed off fan). I think it was a good option because I don't think they can really change the core gameplay of CoD these days and get away with it. Yeah, you can jump around and slide and you have a character select thing going on in multiplayer, but the core mechanics of aiming and shooting and how the multipliers and everything work is identical to what it was in MW1.

I'll spend more time talking about this when it's time to do some multiplayer videos.

The problem is that there's starting to be a portion of the fan base that is getting bored with the same deal every year. The formula and engine is tired and creaking old at this point. I would say that a shake up of mechanics is what the series needs to get better, but at the same time how much can you really change about a first person shooter? Or how much can you change when you have activision breathing down your neck? One of my friends made the comparison of the similar structure of Call of Duty and that when Bungie left microsoft to make something other than Halo, they went to Activision... and wound up making Halo again with a different coat of paint.

Speaking of multiplayer night, what are we looking at in terms of DLC maps? Just base game or all the DLC? Hoping to actually getting in on this one this time, since the last few threads since CoD4 timing fell through for me.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo but do those robots gently caress you up.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

The problem is that there's starting to be a portion of the fan base that is getting bored with the same deal every year. The formula and engine is tired and creaking old at this point. I would say that a shake up of mechanics is what the series needs to get better, but at the same time how much can you really change about a first person shooter? Or how much can you change when you have activision breathing down your neck? One of my friends made the comparison of the similar structure of Call of Duty and that when Bungie left microsoft to make something other than Halo, they went to Activision... and wound up making Halo again with a different coat of paint.

Speaking of multiplayer night, what are we looking at in terms of DLC maps? Just base game or all the DLC? Hoping to actually getting in on this one this time, since the last few threads since CoD4 timing fell through for me.

They really need to just move the franchise to Unreal 4 at this point and accept that what they have now isn't that good. I'll keep doing it through the game, but the pop in for details and textures is terrible. One of the major things about COD was that the multiplayer always ran at 60FPS, even on the consoles, but starting with BLOPS II "Always" has become "At least some of the time." BLOPS III is no exception, despite being on the PS4/XBONE where other games with better graphics run smoother.

We may do some multiplayer on the PC, I do want to have some people stick through a couple story missions with me to show off the co-op stuff at the very least. Competitive multiplayer is effectively dead, though. I think there may be a thousand people online at peak hours on a weekend. I bought a PS4 and it came with BLOPS III (for purposes unrelated to the LP) a little while ago and I'm going to start grabbing videos of my games from there for the multiplayer stuff. I plan on doing a video just explaining multiplayer on the PC so people will see why I'm staying away from doing that too much (it's mostly the small community and the remaining people being waaaayyy too good at this game).

Edit: Oh, yeah. If anyone was wondering the update schedule for this LP is going to be Tuesday/Thursday with multiplayer videos filling in some of the spaces. I usually do a three a week format for LPs, but to give people time to come up with weapon options and such and then for me to record videos I'm spacing things out a bit more.

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

They really need to just move the franchise to Unreal 4 at this point and accept that what they have now isn't that good. I'll keep doing it through the game, but the pop in for details and textures is terrible.

I was replaying the game on a higher difficulty thanks to this LP and noticed that the pop in can happen with lighting effects on characters. There was a model standing near some flickering flames and their model looked hideous with the flicking lighting effects on them.

On another note, some of the highest difficulties can get pretty insane and not fun. Normal is pretty good though.
I have never played Co-Op with this game. What are the differences with it?

Kainblueriver fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Sep 12, 2016

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Kainblueriver posted:

On another note, some of the highest difficulties can get pretty insane and not fun. Normal is pretty good though.

Don't you die from one shot on Realistic difficulty?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kainblueriver posted:

Playing Veteran is essentially a self-imposed challenge in most of the games. Not only do you die with only a few shots, the AI has excellent accuracy and reflexes. The problem is the game wasn't built to scale to that level because you're expected to be a one-man army gunning down several dozen soldiers every time you step outside. Call of Duty is basically a slower paced classic Doom or Wolfenstein in terms of player-to-enemy ratio.

World at War also just straight up cheated by spawning grenades at your position if you stayed still too long...on a difficulty where staying still behind cover and being extremely cautious is often the only way to survive.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Kainblueriver posted:

I have never played Co-Op with this game. What are the differences with it?

Co-op is your standard Halo style; you play as your own campaign character, with yourown weapons and abilities, but you are the one interacting in the story. So you're seeing the same thing the host is except you're the one in the driver's seat. If someone gets killed you have a set amount of time to pick them up or they die and you revert to last checkpoint. All in all it's a fun addition but it is not as well integrated as more co-op centric games.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I beat Modern Warfare on Veteran, now I'm getting my rear end handed to me on Regular. :negative:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I beat Modern Warfare on Veteran, now I'm getting my rear end handed to me on Regular. :negative:

The stuff they added to the game; things we'll see in the video going up tomorrow, are necessary instead of optional to get through. I don't know how you are supposed to be able to beat the game without using Cyber Core abilities and the enhanced vision stuff. Treyarch decided that because they had more power in the platforms the game was appearing on the smart move would be to fill the screen with as many enemies as possible at times. It's fun, hectic and sometimes so completely overwhelming that you'll just pigeonhole yourself into a bad spot trying to escape another bad spot.

In the grand tradition of games I'm LPing going on sale while the LP is on Black Ops III is half off on the Humble Store right now. Keep in mind that this is a Steam key. If you want the game for a console go into any Gamestop and pay $14 for a used copy, I guess.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Lazyfire posted:

If you want the game for a console go into any Gamestop and pay $14 for a used copy, I guess.

It's $25 actually. :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

legit surprised Patrick Klepek didn't write this pearl clutching hogshit

That's because Gerstmann is the only member of Giant Bomb (current or otherwise) that still likes the series, post-BLOPS.

And all he'll talk about is multiplayer, and how easy or difficult it is to headshot enemy A.I.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I actually just finished the campaign of this game like, last week. Surprisingly excellent for a CoD story, though I might be biased because I like the (mid-game spoilers) queer representation if you're playing a female character.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Looks like we got three class suggestions for the upcoming level, which is better than I was thinking we would do considering the absolute lack of weapons available. I also went back and did another run of the first mission with a different gun so I could build a special class that we'll get a look at next time around.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Call of Duty: The Black Cops: The Number Three

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Skip to five minutes if you don't care about an explanation of the "safehouse" area where I'll be setting up classes and cyber cores and such for the rest of the game. This is very much a training mission, though not like ones you've seen in the past. Instead of showing you how to crawl and mantle stuff this one teaches you how to use the Q button to win the game and wall run and slide and everything and introduces the tactical view mode that I'm going to be playing the majority of the game while using (it adds a bunch of stuff to the screen). The training mission is actually longer and more involved than the first mission of the game and sets up the world of BLOPS III even more than that mission. Unfortunately, there's not a good place to cut the mission (or any of them, for that matter) so you may notice this video runs over 40 minutes. I'm aiming for 15 to 30 minutes for the rest of the series, so this doesn't represent a terrifying trend of overly long CoD videos. As a matter of fact, Episodes 3 and 4 are going to be shorter than the target, I believe.

I also have to say that the thread came up with some decent weapon combinations for the first set of "live" videos, nearly everything was useful and showed off different weapon selection options. Sadly, we don't get weapons that quickly at first so the second round of selections is going to incredibly similar to the first round. For that purpose I'm going to not institute a new weapon selection process for the second set of episodes. Tomorrow I'll post the additions to the list and if you had a build in the thread you can go ahead and make changes. There are still two slots open at the moment, so if two more people throw in suggestions we can switch those in for the empty slots we have as well.

It occurs to me that it was way easier to get build suggestions and manage votes for this sort of thing when there was just a single loadout to vote on instead of a possible five slots. I may modify the rules on this in the future so I'm only using two builds per level or something if enough people put together suggestions.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Training go boom.

Does anyone know if any of the Deus Ex Human Rev crew worked on BO3? Because it seriously looks like someone stole Eidos Montreal's concept art folder.

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013
So, when I was replaying this mission in particular I notice that it got somewhat broken. If you go back to this mission your weapons and cyber cores are not changed by the mission so you have what you take in. I didn't know this so I didn't take hacking along on my first attempt and found the area with the turrets particularly difficult, immolation doesn't work on them I believe. However, not having hacking doesn't break progression for where they want you to use a vehicle. Diaz just opens the door and you get to clear things out on foot; I hope you brought a weapon that work well at range.

Another fun fact I noticed when replaying this mission is that the shards of glass around Taylor in the train at the start is randomized. I had a case where a piece of glass blocked Taylor's face for his entire speech.

Also you were correct in the video that immolation can effect human, just not quite yet.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Lazyfire, please tell me shotgun+punches is a viable way to get trhough the singleplayer, because holy loving hell that looks like FUN :allears:

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

CommissarMega posted:

Lazyfire, please tell me shotgun+punches is a viable way to get trhough the singleplayer, because holy loving hell that looks like FUN :allears:

It didn't really come through thanks to the close quarters but the takedowns at the end there aren't limited to melee range, it's more of a dash punch. You can be ~10 feet away from an enemy and do a takedown, I think we saw it on one of the bots. The difference between the takedowns and regular melee is that takedowns have a short cooldown, but do more damage than a regular melee attack, enough to kill them in one hit generally, while regular melee can't. I can say that a punchy-fist run is possible, though not exactly viable considering some of the things that you have to fight throughout the campaign. And yes, when it works, it is a lot of fun.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yesssss. I am become firmly convinced that shotguns and punches are the best way to play any FPS, and it's great to see games that encourage it.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Another reason Treyarch are my favorite CoD developers: they don't have an unreasonable hatred for shotguns as a whole.

Like, I think I have more R870 kills in BOII alone than I do with every shotgun from every other game in the series combined because it's just so good. That's even with having just reinstalled CoD4 again and taking time to brute-force my way to a hundred kills with both of its shotguns whenever the server went to Killhouse.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DeusExMachinima posted:

Training go boom.

Does anyone know if any of the Deus Ex Human Rev crew worked on BO3? Because it seriously looks like someone stole Eidos Montreal's concept art folder.

This is something even the actual Deus Ex devs have talked about- the BLOPS 3 Twitter account posted a trailer, and the Deus Ex account responded with a picture of a cat in front of a HR style computer looking at the camera as if to say "Did we just get ripped off?"

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
To show here is what GoneRampant was mentioning: Though the fan modified part afterwards made me and the Deus Ex devs laugh.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The first "real" mission is kind of short and I didn't get to show off all the builds for a good amount of time, so they're all staying for the next mission. I still have two more slots to fill, and one of those slots is a gimmick build I made to gimp myself that I'm going to try to use at some point, hopefully before the game gets crazy with enemy numbers. Anyway, I've updated the stuff available in the armory. If you had a build before and you want to modify it go ahead and make new selections.

Primary Weapons (Pick two attachments from above, three if your build includes Primary Warfighter Wildcard. Or none.)

SMG

Kuda (Average fire rate, average damage SMG)

Available Optics: Red Dot, ELO, Recon, BOA3
Available Attachments: Grip, Suppressor, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Fast Mags, Stock, Extended Mag, FMJ

Pharo: (4 round burst SMG.)

Available Optics: Reflex
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Silencer

Assault Rifles

XR-2: 3 shot burst AR.

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor

KN-44: Classic decent damage, good rate of fire AR

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags

ICR-1: NOT UNLOCKED (high fire rate, low damage)

Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock (based on KN-44 base attachments)

HVK-30 NOT UNLOCKED (I never use this thing)

Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip

Shotguns

KRM-262 (Pump Action fun)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Stock

205 Brecci NOT UNLOCKED (semi auto with good damage)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight

Light Machine Guns

BRM (Good all around LMG, useful from the first level to max level in multiplayer)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock

48 Dredge NOT UNLOCKED (6 round burst LMG)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw Laser Sight, Grip

Sniper Rifles

Locus (Bolt action Sniper Rifle)

Available Optics: None (comes with sniper scope)
Available Attachments: Extended Mags

Secondary Weapons (select one optic and one attachment. Or none.)

MR6 (your average pistol)

Available Optics: none
Available Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw, Fast Mags

RK5 NOT UNLOCKED (Robocop pistol)

Available Optics: none
Available Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw

XM-53 DF (Rocket Launcher

No Attachments

Lethal Grenades (pick one, can carry up to two with Danger Close wildcard)

Frag
A frag grenade

Thermite NOT UNLOCKED
Produces a chemical fire that will catch any enemies in the radius or who walk into it on fire

Tactical Grenades (select one, can carry two by default)

Flashbang
Blinds and stuns enemies

EMP
Disables electronics/robots

Tac Rigs (Select up to two)

Sensory Buffer
Makes flashbangs and stuns less disorienting, reduces flinch from being shot

Traversal Enhancement
Allows you to run on walls. Upgrade to have jump boost.

Copycat
Grants the ability to pick up weapons from fallen enemies.

Emergency Reserve NOT UNLOCKED
Sudden healing burst, but can't move as fast and can't use all weapons while this is happening.

Wildcards (Select up to three)

Primary Gunfighter 1
Allows you to carry an extra attachment on your primary weapon.

Danger Close
Allows you to carry an extra lethal grenade

Cyber Cores
Selected per level.

Control
Has System Paralysis (disable robots/turrets), Aug Breakdown (cause humans to act like they are stunned), Ravage Core (pull out robot heart and throw it like a grenade)

Martial
Has Overdrive (better aiming, run faster), Smokescreen (obscure you from enemies) and Overwhelming Force (shoulder charge enemies)

Chaos
Has Sensory Overload (incapacitate up to three humans), Misdirection (enemies swat at invisible flying drones), Immolation (cause robots to catch fire and then blow up, kills nearby enemies)

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Lazyfire's Favorites posted:

Primary Weapon: Locus (no attachments).
Secondary Weapon: XM-53 DF.
Lethal Grenade: Frag.
Tactical Grenade: EMP.
Wild Cards: Extra lethal grenade.
Tac Rigs: Traversal, Sensory Buffer.
Cybercore: Martial.
Is this how class building is supposed to go? :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GoneRampant posted:

This is something even the actual Deus Ex devs have talked about- the BLOPS 3 Twitter account posted a trailer, and the Deus Ex account responded with a picture of a cat in front of a HR style computer looking at the camera as if to say "Did we just get ripped off?"

It's like Deus Ex without the strong art direction, I'd say. The surface level stuff is all there, but it doesn't come together towards any solid vision.

At least, so far.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
e: poo poo you're asking for a general build whoooooops

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 15, 2016

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

In future updates I'm probably going to straight talk over characters during missions (hence the subtitles) because the early missions are so full of chatter that you'll never get a word in if you aren't willing to step on toes. So for example, when we start swimming in this level I wanted to say that we got a quick lesson on swimming in the training level just a few in game minutes prior. Instead Hendricks and Kane had to keep talking while we were under water.

Can I just say it's really weird that Kane has to tell us that we can hack with the DNI like we just got the thing? The intro to this level (see the end of the previous video) says we've been going on missions for five years or so by the time we do this one. You would expect that this would come up before, or at least we would remember it from the previous mission where we hacked the terrorist guy's DNI and like three different consoles. In addition to seeing these concepts again we are also greeted by two new or at least different enemy types. We have the Warlord (I kept calling them elites or something) and the riot shield people. The Warlord is sort of like the Juggernaut from the MW series: he can take a hell of a beating, is larger than the other enemies and has a LMG that will just tear you apart. Explosives work well against him, but you'll need to bring a ton of them. The riot shield guys are a bit easier to deal with if you know they are coming. With the right Tac Rig you can just jump right over them. Barring that, an explosive at their feet will usually clear them out or at least stagger them and if you don't have any of those you can just shoot their feet, though that's a kind of dangerous concept because they will just rush you as you try to take them out one by one. Most of the time you don't get them in tight quarters, but rather mixed in with the regular enemies, so you can usually avoid the encounter we had with them in this video.

The next video from this level is shorter and ends with a quick trip to the armory to look at what we unlocked in the previous level. Going forward I'm going to cut levels after I record things because the balance here isn't great.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Geez, that bolt driver gimmick really does look annoying. I mean, I like the idea, but it would have been better suited if the waves/winds lasted more than half a second and then let you move on for a minute or two before coming in again. Making you use it every five loving seconds for like ten minutes is overkill.

Still, getting to pull a Just Cause 2 with it and riding the side of a giant ship into a few buildings in that cutscene went some way to making up for it.

Anyway, loadout suggestion for once you get a few more weapons. (EDITed after [re]playing the first two missions myself)

Primary: XR-2 with Recon and Quickdraw
Secondary: RK5 with Laser Sight
Lethal: Thermite
Tactical: Flashbang
Wildcards: Danger Close
Tac Rigs: Traversal Enhancement and Copycat, though with the stipulation that the RK5 has to remain with you
Cybercore: Control, to both demonstrate my bad opinions even more be a contrarian and because "Ravage Core" reminds me of ripping hearts out of guys in Serious Sam 3 and that was always awesome

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 16, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kadorhal posted:

Geez, that bolt driver gimmick really does look annoying. I mean, I like the idea, but it would have been better suited if the waves/winds lasted more than half a second and then let you move on for a minute or two before coming in again. Making you use it every five loving seconds for like ten minutes is overkill.

Still, getting to pull a Just Cause 2 with it and riding the side of a giant ship into a few buildings in that cutscene went some way to making up for it.

Agreed, better to have longer waves and longer time between waves than this stuff. Also not letting you sprint when you have to make a jump is annoying.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lazyfire, what do you think about posting the loading screens' scrolling text behind spoiler bars for people to read? They have a good deal of background information and characterization, but they can contain some spoilery material. I don't think any of them are quite as bad as the opening level's loading screen; if that one did get posted, I'd recommend deleting the spoiler section entirely instead of leaving it to be ruined.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also not letting you sprint when you have to make a jump is annoying.

You'd think they'd have learned what sort of things should never be done to the player after the complete bullshit of that gunship-attack section from "Suffer With Me" in Black Ops II. I'm convinced no one legitimately has the challenge for surviving the entire mission because of that part.

I'm starting to wonder if new-Infinity Ward is being given some sort of supervisor role over the other two CoD developers, Activision blind to the fact that 90% of them are obviously brain-damaged and the other dev teams not having the heart to tell them that their ideas are retarded, gimmicky bullshit that should have never left the drawing board.

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 16, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

chitoryu12 posted:

Lazyfire, what do you think about posting the loading screens' scrolling text behind spoiler bars for people to read? They have a good deal of background information and characterization, but they can contain some spoilery material. I don't think any of them are quite as bad as the opening level's loading screen; if that one did get posted, I'd recommend deleting the spoiler section entirely instead of leaving it to be ruined.

Seconding this. Just put the first mission text behind spoilers too though, someone who doesn't want to be spoiled can just not click on it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Iron Rose posted:

I actually just finished the campaign of this game like, last week. Surprisingly excellent for a CoD story, though I might be biased because I like the (mid-game spoilers) queer representation if you're playing a female character.

That? In a Call of Duty game?!

I have to admit I've always disregarded the Call of Duty series as schlocky war porn aimed squarely at teenage boys, but that spoiler and the option to play as a woman have sparked my genuine interest in this game beyond just the merits of a Lazyfire LP.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Haven't even gotten to gameplay yet (the video went choppy at the 3 minute mark, I'll try again later. may be firefox/timing hyjinks).

Oh god the Acronyms! At least tell us their proper name once before abbreviating.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

(the video went choppy at the 3 minute mark, I'll try again later. may be firefox/timing hyjinks).

If you're talking about the first video, nah, that's in the video itself. I think it's a standing tradition at this point that Treyarch's games in particular have issues on PC.

Also, chiming in to say that I tried out multiplayer, my connection deciding to only completely lag me out for one minute rather than the entire game. The KN-44 is pretty loving sweet for being the first assault rifle. Now to make Paintjobs with :v: emblems for all my guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'd like to make a suggestion, Lazyfire: can you switch the PC's skin to a cyborg one again? I like the aesthetic.

Also, I looked up the fast-moving text of the first video earlier, against my better judgement. I have spoiled the game for myself. Still gonna watch this, because it actually looks fun.

• Locked thread