Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Alrighty then, since it seems the game gives you anti-armour when you really need them, I'm just gonna alter my loadout as follows:

PRIMARY WEAPON:
KRM-262 (when/how do we unlock the next few tiers?)
-Fast Mags
-Extended Mags
-Stock
-Sight of your choice (what do the BOA and ELO do?)

SECONDARY WEAPON:
THE ANNIHILATOR

LETHAL GRENADES:
Semtex x2

TAC GRENADES:
EMP x2

TAC RIGS:
-Traversal
-Copycat

WILDCARDS:
-Danger Close
-Primary Gunfighter 1
-Primary Gunfighter 2 (AW YEAH)

CYBER CORES:
-Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If you've ever wondered if someone would spend six out of 20 minutes in a video trying to do something meaningless that maybe only he would find funny this video has the answer for you. Sort of. This level is weird to cut into two, but the recording was long enough that it was necessary (about 45 minutes total for the level). I could have cut it down by a decent margin if I didn't take a bunch of dumb deaths, but the level itself is split three different times. The first two you see here, the opening expository stuff and the fight at the end of the video are the first two segments, then in the next video you get another two distinct fights. This is really where the game is going to start cranking up difficulty, as we'll see with the final minutes of the next video, but the set piece I take on in this level is no pushover even when you aren't dicking around. It's nice that the game gives you a spike/rocket launcher thing to do most of the fight with, but unlike the Sheeva from the previous mission or the XM-53 scattered around when big robot things are nearby, the Spike Launcher can be safely ignored if you don't want to use it at all. It's enough fun in practice that I don't see a good reason to ignore it, though.

We're sort of deep into the game at this point. There's only some three or four levels after this one, but each of them is 45 minutes to an hour long. I've mentioned it before, but it is a real departure to go from the short missions in COD4 and World at War to these fairly involved and varied missions. CoD4 I ended up doubling missions together for the first three videos or so and WaW just barely kept missions long enough that I felt like I could release each as a stand alone video. The fact that I'm cutting up CoD levels is a really weird sensation. Even BLOPS II didn't really need much of that.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
If anyone's curious about the paintjob I wanted him to have on the KN-44, it was basically slapping this to the side.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If you are wondering where the video is for tonight:

Edit: Fear not, I've come up with a totally workable and good solution that is just as good as the real thing, I promise.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 14, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
That's a shockingly accurate description of Youtube actually.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Are they blocking your video or just claiming the content and thereby forcing monetization?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Teledahn posted:

Are they blocking your video or just claiming the content and thereby forcing monetization?

Blocked in all countries.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
People have said in the thread a couple of times that the game never really explains what's going on in the world. So could maybe someone explain what's going on in the world, who the two major power blocs are, why they hate each other, that sort of thing?

The game's not impossible to follow on its own but I feel like I keep missing context.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Polaron posted:

People have said in the thread a couple of times that the game never really explains what's going on in the world. So could maybe someone explain what's going on in the world, who the two major power blocs are, why they hate each other, that sort of thing?

The game's not impossible to follow on its own but I feel like I keep missing context.

You can just think of the WA and NDP as 1:1 stand-ins for NATO and the Warsaw Pact, only set in the future. It's not really important to the story except in terms of giving you dudes to shoot at so it's not addressed very much. The main focus of the story/the twist in your investigation into Taylor's team doesn't really come up until Act 3 but saying anymore would be major spoilers. The game has some pacing issues.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So the video got another content strike that bans it worldwide. This seems to be automatic for any cutscene in the video so now I have to go make more changes. I think this won't be ready until next week now. Blame Activision for randomly deciding that the campaign cutscenes are off limits in a nearly year old game.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Little late, but that mission to rescue Kane had some spectacularly bad dialog.

Also if you are still taking suggestions for builds, I vote:

Primary: Razorback with laser sight
Secondary: XM-53 DF
Lethals: Thermite
Tacticals: Flashbangs
Rigs: Traversal enhancement
Core: Chaos

I figure having a "chaotic" build means a lot of running and shooting from the hip.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

So the video got another content strike that bans it worldwide. This seems to be automatic for any cutscene in the video so now I have to go make more changes. I think this won't be ready until next week now. Blame Activision for randomly deciding that the campaign cutscenes are off limits in a nearly year old game.

Who the hell knows because I just searched the mission and there's dozens of other videos with the cutscenes.

Maybe you need to add a facecam.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I have a bunch of multiplayer videos to burn through even if the game doesn't want me to upload it's secret single player cutscenes at the moment. I really need to get better about posting these as I have like 13 in reserve right now.

I have to say that playing with people is far more enjoyable than playing with randoms for a lot of different reasons. First, being able to talk to people, even when complaining a ton, makes games go by a bit faster. Of course, that's a fringe benefit at best. Really, being able to direct people and have people clear out enemies that killed you is the easiest and fastest way to win games. We played more than a few games where people were running around using only melee weapons and we still beat the other team handily just because we could direct each other around them. I don't think we lost a game all night when I recorded this, no matter how much we bitched about the other teams.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Lazyfire posted:

Sounds like Activision, alright. Also, cutscenes in a CoD game. :v:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Well, we have a few new weapons and a new tac rig along with a new wild card to choose from. Mr. Highway, you suggested a build already, but take a look and see if you would like to exchange anything you have now for what is new on the list. That includes:

SVG 1000 (sniper rifle)
Argus (shotgun)
War Machine (grenade launcher/secondary)
Proximity Deterrent (tac rig)
Tactician (wild card)

And a couple gun attachments have been added as well. I've also corrected some of the locked/unlocked statuses.

Primary Weapons (Pick two attachments from above, three if your build includes Primary Warfighter Wildcard. Or none.)

SMG

Kuda (Average fire rate, average damage SMG)

Available Optics: Red Dot, ELO, Recon, BOA3
Available Attachments: Grip, Suppressor, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Fast Mags, Stock, Extended Mag, FMJ

Pharo: (4 round burst SMG.)

Available Optics: Reflex, Recon
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Silencer, Extended Mags

Razorback (Fires fast, low damage) NOT UNLOCKED

Available Optics: Reflex
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip

VMP NOT UNLOCKED (Large magazine, fast firing, not accurate at a distance)

Assault Rifles

XR-2: 3 shot burst AR.

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon, BOA 3, Varix 3, Thermal
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, FMJ, Rapid Fire, Long Barrel

KN-44: Classic decent damage, good rate of fire AR

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon, BOA 3
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, FMJ

ICR-1: NOT UNLOCKED (high fire rate, low damage)

Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock (based on KN-44 base attachments)

HVK-30 NOT UNLOCKED (I never use this thing)

Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip

Man O War NOT UNLOCKED (fires a bit slower, does more damage)

Shotguns

KRM-262 (Pump Action fun)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, BOA 3
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, Extended Mags

205 Brecci NOT UNLOCKED (semi auto with good damage)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight

Argus NOT UNLOCKED (lever action shotty)

Light Machine Guns

BRM (Good all around LMG, useful from the first level to max level in multiplayer)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock

48 Dredge (6 round burst LMG)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon
Available Attachments: Quickdraw Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags

Dingo NOT UNLOCKED (Fast firing, low damage)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw Laser Sight, Grip

Sniper Rifles

Locus (Bolt action Sniper Rifle)

Available Optics: None (comes with sniper scope), Recon, Varix 3
Available Attachments: Extended Mags, Stock, Suppressor, Fast Mags, FMJ

Drakon (Semi-auto, two shots to kill) NOT UNLOCKED

Available Optics: None (comes with scope)
Available Attachments: Extended Mags

SVG 1000 (Another bolt action sniper rifle) NOT UNLOCKED

Secondary Weapons (select one optic and one attachment. Or none.)

MR6 (your average pistol)

Available Optics: none
Available Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw, Fast Mags

RK5 (Robocop pistol)

Available Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw

XM-53 DF (Rocket Launcher)

No Attachments

Annihlator (big old magnum style thing, seen in multiplayer videos as my character's special ability)

War Machine NOT UNLOCKED

Badass grenade launcher monster thing.

Lethal Grenades (pick one, can carry up to two with Danger Close wildcard)

Frag
A frag grenade

Thermite
Produces a chemical fire that will catch any enemies in the radius or who walk into it on fire

Semtex
Sticky grenade, can't cook, but it'll attach to enemies.

C4
Sticky charge activated by double tapping the action button. Can't airburst anymore.

Tactical Grenades (select one, can carry two by default)

Flashbang
Blinds and stuns enemies

EMP
Disables electronics/robots

Shock Charge

Proximity activated stun grenade thing

Tac Rigs (Select up to two)

Sensory Buffer
Makes flashbangs and stuns less disorienting, reduces flinch from being shot

Traversal Enhancement
Allows you to run on walls. Upgrade to have jump boost.

Copycat
Grants the ability to pick up weapons from fallen enemies.

Emergency Reserve NOT UNLOCKED
Sudden healing burst, but can't move as fast and can't use all weapons while this is happening.

Proximity Deterrent NOT UNLOCKED
Shocks an enemy if they get too close to you/try to melee.

Wildcards (Select up to three)

Primary Gunfighter 1
Allows you to carry an extra attachment on your primary weapon.

Danger Close
Allows you to carry an extra lethal grenade

Secondary Gunfighter
Take a second attachment on a pistol sidearm.

Primary Gunfighter 2
Take an additional attachment for your primary weapon (total of four attachments if Primary Gunfighter 1 is also taken)

Tactician
Take a tactical grenade instead of a lethal.

Cyber Cores
Selected per level.

Control
Has System Paralysis (disable robots/turrets), Aug Breakdown (cause humans to act like they are stunned), Ravage Core (pull out robot heart and throw it like a grenade)

Martial
Has Overdrive (better aiming, run faster), Smokescreen (obscure you from enemies) and Overwhelming Force (shoulder charge enemies)

Chaos
Has Sensory Overload (incapacitate up to three humans), Misdirection (enemies swat at invisible flying drones), Immolation (cause robots to catch fire and then blow up, kills nearby enemies)

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
For my build, exchange the XM-DF for the War Machine. I want to see some hip-fired grenades, that is if it can be fired from the hip.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Someday I'm going to look back at the trouble I had getting this video online and wonder why I didn't stop making this LP. Battlefield 1 comes out (or is out depending on what edition you bought) on Friday and lord knows I'm not going to want to play CoD once that happens. The good news, besides Battlefield 1 almost being here, is that were just about 3/4 of the way through the game if you go by mission numbers. Too bad the next three missions are all over and hour long and contain like 90% of the story. I'm not joking. The back half of this mission seems like fluff done to pad out the front half of the mission into acceptable level length more than it feels like a natural extension of what we did earlier. CoD games are rife with that sort of thing and it's sort of a fact of life when playing them for the internet. That said, we get to see some of the more interesting things done graphically and story wise with CoD games in the next few videos, so the video upload fuckery and the somewhat pointless nature of what we do in this video is eased by the more daring ideas brought to the series in the upcoming videos.

Be sure to post your builds and changes to existing builds. Right now Mr. Highway is taking over the XR-2 build we have due to everything else being updated more recently.

Kainblueriver
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Argus NOT UNLOCKED (lever action shotty)
War Machine NOT UNLOCKED
Frag
EMP
Traversal Enhancement
Copycat
Primary Gunfighter 1
Danger Close

Cyber Cores
Chaos

I have just caught up to the latest videos and I have decided to finally put my hat in the ring. I decided to go with a build that is all about the booms. I discovered the fun of the Argus due to the LP and I have learned to love it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hokay then, posting my NEW AND IMPROVED™ build, now that we have the Argus :allears: (Caps are changes in loadout)

PRIMARY WEAPON:
ARGUS
-QUICKDRAW
-LASER SIGHT
-REFLEX OPTICS

SECONDARY WEAPON:
Annihilator

LETHAL GRENADES:
Semtex x2

TAC GRENADES:
EMP x2

TAC RIGS:
-Traversal
-Copycat

WILDCARDS:
-Danger Close
-Primary Gunfighter 1
-PRIMARY GUNFIGHTER 2

CYBER CORES:
-Chaos

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lazyfire posted:

I have to say that playing with people is far more enjoyable than playing with randoms for a lot of different reasons. First, being able to talk to people, even when complaining a ton, makes games go by a bit faster. Of course, that's a fringe benefit at best. Really, being able to direct people and have people clear out enemies that killed you is the easiest and fastest way to win games. We played more than a few games where people were running around using only melee weapons and we still beat the other team handily just because we could direct each other around them. I don't think we lost a game all night when I recorded this, no matter how much we bitched about the other teams.

Agreed. Agreed so hard it pains my heart. I've been saying it for 10 years, and I'll say it again; if you play multiplayer games, never play alone. NEVER. PLAY. ALONE. Always play with goons.

Even LeBron needs teamwork to win.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

It's kind of funny that the first time we have multiple shotgun builds (with the same shotgun, no less) we get one of the levels that is least suited to that weapon type. Instead we end up using the Razorback for most of the mission because of the new builds suggested it actually works for what we're doing. I have to admit my confusion over what does and doesn't work on the enemies we see in this level is partially because I don't fully remember even trying to use abilities on soldiers in this part of the game the first time I played it. I don't know why. Sometimes you really need a good immolate to be able to survive a firefight, other times it's completely pointless and you can easily forget you have the abilities until you mistakenly hit the key and remember you can totally force people to have breakdowns in the middle of a fire fight.

I like this level for a few reasons. The atmosphere is unlike what you find through the rest of the game with the traditional big CoD style fights instead of the more individualized battles from the Black Ops line, the complete change in setting from the last few missions, the effects and music are also a great departure from the last few levels. That said, if you come into the level with the wrong weapons you can completely gently caress yourself because weapon crates are few and far between and it looks like there's no copycat in these areas, so you can't just pick up a better weapon from a dead enemy. It is also sort of a trifle, but worth harping on: all the soldiers in this mission carry BLOPS III era weapons, so as much effort that went into changing the design and creating unique assets for this level, they didn't bother with throwback weapons.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Well, that's an unusual way to tie in with the first game.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Well, that's an unusual way to tie in with the first game.

I'm concerned with the fact that this company and by extension the CIA was just keeping city killing stockpiles of a deadly chemical around in their secret base that was doing experiments on cybernetics. Like, there's no good reason for that poo poo to be there and Treyarch knows it. I'm also really wondering how it dispersed into the city considering in BLOPS I there was that whole level where the chemical was released and you were in a Hazmat suit, it was more like a thick fog that hung in the air than something that spread out over a wide area.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Here's a new loadout.

Primary: Man O War (Reflex, Extended Mags, Quickdraw, Laser Sight)
Secondary: Annihilator (Laser Sight, Quickdraw)
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: EMP
Tac Rigs: Traversal Enhancement, Copycat
Wildcards: Primary Gunfighter 1, Secondary Gunfighter, Danger Close
Cyber Core: Control

As for the gas, I'm guessing it's a chemical compound that's supposed to be used for research or whatever but is also hideously lethal. CORVUS is sounding decidedly like an AI, and "take over the building computers and release toxic gasses to kill the human staff" is a standard evil AI first move.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Cythereal posted:

As for the gas, I'm guessing it's a chemical compound that's supposed to be used for research or whatever but is also hideously lethal. CORVUS is sounding decidedly like an AI, and "take over the building computers and release toxic gasses to kill the human staff" is a standard evil AI first move.

No, it's Nova-6 from black ops 1, the gas that the big bad guys of that game were weaponizing. I mean sure the cia could keep some because they're not really such good guys themselves but there's no reason for it to be in this particular storyline aside from the need to get people out of the city for good. Which the superstorms could already do? So there's still no reason for it? Except for a callback to the previous blops.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I suppose a nerve gas could, in small quantities, be used to paralyze unwilling subjects, but there's certainly no reason to have so much. Also, wasn't Nova-6 some kind of flesh melting gas or whatever? I distinctly remember flesh melting.

And Reznov :allears: If they wanted to really tie things in to the first game, they should've brought brought Reznov back instead, have him be the Black Ops signature character like Price is for the regular games. Anyway, I think it's obvious that Corvus is an AI, and the whole frozen forest shtick is just his way of indoctrinating people. I'm guessing that Taylor and Co. aren't exactly acting of their own volition either.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Lazyfire posted:

I'm concerned with the fact that this company and by extension the CIA was just keeping city killing stockpiles of a deadly chemical around in their secret base that was doing experiments on cybernetics. Like, there's no good reason for that poo poo to be there and Treyarch knows it. I'm also really wondering how it dispersed into the city considering in BLOPS I there was that whole level where the chemical was released and you were in a Hazmat suit, it was more like a thick fog that hung in the air than something that spread out over a wide area.
So wait a sec, are you trying to say that the story and writing in this game is......bad????? :stare:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Polaron posted:

The out-of-mission stuff like collectibles and database info fleshes out the world immensely. It's just not explained in the missions proper, where a normal Call of Duty game would give a ton of exposition.

The Winslow Accord (WA) and Common Defense Pact (CDP) are essentially the new NATO and USSR analogues for the future. The European Union collapsed in 2025 and many of its nations joined the Russian-led CDP while NATO was disbanded. When 3D printing started loving up the Asian manufacturing economy, the United States established a treaty with nations there to unify the South Asia-Pacific region with them. Eventually the CDP started acting Russian and freaking out over military exercises, resulting in an arms buildup. The US decided to unify all its mutual defense treaties under a single umbrella: the Winslow Accord.

The Nile River Coalition (NRC) is a political-economic union founded by South Sudan and Ethiopia that gathered several more African countries, and is currently engaged in attempting to control access to the Nile River through dams and water treatment plants. This brought them into conflict with Egypt, and the CDP has been funding the NRC's side of the war while the WA is assisting Egypt. This is the setup for the battle in the first mission of the game.

This is a map of the game factions. The WA is blue, the CDP is purple, and the NRC is red.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

The out-of-mission stuff like collectibles and database info fleshes out the world immensely. It's just not explained in the missions proper, where a normal Call of Duty game would give a ton of exposition.

The Winslow Accord (WA) and Common Defense Pact (CDP) are essentially the new NATO and USSR analogues for the future. The European Union collapsed in 2025 and many of its nations joined the Russian-led CDP while NATO was disbanded. When 3D printing started loving up the Asian manufacturing economy, the United States established a treaty with nations there to unify the South Asia-Pacific region with them. Eventually the CDP started acting Russian and freaking out over military exercises, resulting in an arms buildup. The US decided to unify all its mutual defense treaties under a single umbrella: the Winslow Accord.

The Nile River Coalition (NRC) is a political-economic union founded by South Sudan and Ethiopia that gathered several more African countries, and is currently engaged in attempting to control access to the Nile River through dams and water treatment plants. This brought them into conflict with Egypt, and the CDP has been funding the NRC's side of the war while the WA is assisting Egypt. This is the setup for the battle in the first mission of the game.

This is a map of the game factions. The WA is blue, the CDP is purple, and the NRC is red.

Where are the GDI and Brotherhood of Nod?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Where are the GDI and Brotherhood of Nod?

And what happened to the Kola peninsula?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Not a ton of new stuff to choose from this time around, the Razorback and the Argus have additional attachments and we've unlocked the Vesper, an SMG and the L-Car 9, the game's auto pistol. If you have class ideas or changes to the classes you've already proposed and were an option in the latest level try to have those ready for Tuesday.

Primary Weapons (Pick two attachments from above, three if your build includes Primary Warfighter Wildcard. Or none.)

SMG

Kuda (Average fire rate, average damage SMG)

Available Optics: Red Dot, ELO, Recon, BOA3
Available Attachments: Grip, Suppressor, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Fast Mags, Stock, Extended Mag, FMJ

Pharo: (4 round burst SMG.)

Available Optics: Reflex, Recon
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Silencer, Extended Mags

Razorback (Fires fast, low damage)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Fast Mags, Suppressor, Extended Mags

VMP NOT UNLOCKED (Large magazine, fast firing, not accurate at a distance)

Vesper (An SMG of some nature) NOT UNLOCKED

Assault Rifles

XR-2: 3 shot burst AR.

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon, BOA 3, Varix 3, Thermal
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, FMJ, Rapid Fire, Long Barrel

KN-44: Classic decent damage, good rate of fire AR

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, Recon, BOA 3
Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, FMJ

ICR-1: NOT UNLOCKED (high fire rate, low damage)

Available Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock (based on KN-44 base attachments)

HVK-30 NOT UNLOCKED (I never use this thing)

Man O War NOT UNLOCKED (fires a bit slower, does more damage)

Shotguns

KRM-262 (Pump Action fun)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO, BOA 3
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Stock, Fast Mags, Suppressor, Extended Mags

205 Brecci NOT UNLOCKED (semi auto with good damage)

Argus(lever action shotty)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Stock

Light Machine Guns

BRM (Good all around LMG, useful from the first level to max level in multiplayer)

Available Optics: Reflex, ELO
Available Attachments: Quickdraw, Laser Sight, Grip, Stock

48 Dredge (6 round burst LMG)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw Laser Sight, Grip, Stock, Fast Mags

Dingo NOT UNLOCKED (Fast firing, low damage)

Available Attachments: Quickdraw Laser Sight, Grip

Sniper Rifles

Locus (Bolt action Sniper Rifle)

Available Optics: None (comes with sniper scope), Recon, Varix 3
Available Attachments: Extended Mags, Stock, Suppressor, Fast Mags, FMJ

Drakon (Semi-auto, two shots to kill) NOT UNLOCKED

SVG 1000 (Another bolt action sniper rifle) NOT UNLOCKED

Secondary Weapons (select one optic and one attachment. Or none.)

MR6 (your average pistol)

Available Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw, Fast Mags

RK5 (Robocop pistol)

XM-53 DF (Rocket Launcher)

No Attachments

Annihlator (big old magnum style thing, seen in multiplayer videos as my character's special ability)

NO ATTACHMENTS

War Machine (Badass grenade launcher monster thing.)

NO ATTACHMENTS

L-CAR 9 (Automatic pistol) NOT UNLOCKED

Lethal Grenades (pick one, can carry up to two with Danger Close wildcard)

Frag
A frag grenade

Thermite
Produces a chemical fire that will catch any enemies in the radius or who walk into it on fire

Semtex
Sticky grenade, can't cook, but it'll attach to enemies.

C4
Sticky charge activated by double tapping the action button. Can't airburst anymore.

Tactical Grenades (select one, can carry two by default)

Flashbang
Blinds and stuns enemies

EMP
Disables electronics/robots

Shock Charge

Proximity activated stun grenade thing

Tac Rigs (Select up to two)

Sensory Buffer
Makes flashbangs and stuns less disorienting, reduces flinch from being shot

Traversal Enhancement
Allows you to run on walls. Upgrade to have jump boost.

Copycat
Grants the ability to pick up weapons from fallen enemies.

Emergency Reserve NOT UNLOCKED
Sudden healing burst, but can't move as fast and can't use all weapons while this is happening.

Proximity Deterrent NOT UNLOCKED
Shocks an enemy if they get too close to you/try to melee.

Wildcards (Select up to three)

Primary Gunfighter 1
Allows you to carry an extra attachment on your primary weapon.

Danger Close
Allows you to carry an extra lethal grenade

Secondary Gunfighter
Take a second attachment on a pistol sidearm.

Primary Gunfighter 2
Take an additional attachment for your primary weapon (total of four attachments if Primary Gunfighter 1 is also taken)

Tactician
Take a tactical grenade instead of a lethal.

Cyber Cores
Selected per level.

Control
Has System Paralysis (disable robots/turrets), Aug Breakdown (cause humans to act like they are stunned), Ravage Core (pull out robot heart and throw it like a grenade)

Martial
Has Overdrive (better aiming, run faster), Smokescreen (obscure you from enemies) and Overwhelming Force (shoulder charge enemies)

Chaos
Has Sensory Overload (incapacitate up to three humans), Misdirection (enemies swat at invisible flying drones), Immolation (cause robots to catch fire and then blow up, kills nearby enemies)

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Why not? This sounds fun.

Man O War
Optics: Reflex
Attachments: Extended Mag, Quickdraw, Laser Sight
L-CAR 9
Attachments: Laser Sight, Quickdraw
Grenades:
Semtex
Shock Charge
Tac Rigs:
Traversal Enhancement
Copycat
Wildcards:
Danger Close
Primary Gunfighter 1
Secondary Gunfighter
Core:
Control

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So a really interesting and different level (for a CoD game) ends in...loving Nazi Zombies mode? I loving hate this franchise. Yes, this entire level was a neat call back to the bygone eras of the franchise, and that does include World at War, which dumped you into a house very similar to the one we see at the end of this video to do Nazi Zombies when you complete the game. Thanks, Treyarch, for making me participate in the zombies mode against my will, even if its a pared down version of it. Some people, believe it or not, loving buy CoD games just for the zombies mode. The BLOPS III thread just went through a rash of people buying Ghosts for the Extinction mode years after the game released. Now IW is looking to go all in on Zombies themselves when Infinite Warfare ships next month. That means all three CoD franchises will be doing zombies mode because it's so goddamn popular for no good reason.

I don't like Zombies mode, if you can't guess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So Corvus is definitely an AI of some kind, and there's this whole business with the frozen forest which was used to calm the test subjects... I'm not sure Corvus is an artificial intelligence. There were all those corpses in tubes hooked up to wires in the blacksite. This is sounding to me like a wetware CPU designed to use the brains of the subjects as processors, or some kind of gestalt intelligence born from wiring the test subjects' brains up into computers. And if it's infecting people through their DNIs...

Cythereal posted:

I'm suspecting a bit or a lot of mind screw to the story at this point between the DNI and the very interesting comment in mission 2 "From this point on, events will diverge from what actually happened." That's an incredibly loaded comment to drop in a mission already playing with questioning reality and whether what you're seeing is real or not.

I posted this much earlier in the thread. I'm not so sure the fuckery with whether what we're seeing is real or not has stopped.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Well Covus did say something like "I was born there" and we saw that cyborg-baby thing in the dreamworld.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I found it hilarious how Hendricks just pops out of stage right to deliver his best Spec Ops: The Line impression.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Why is Greenland the third largest continent? :stare:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

In this world of conspiracies and war, no one suspects Greenland. Not until it's too late.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Because planet Earth is round(ish) and when you turn it into a flat 2D map poo poo gets warped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLqC3FNNOaI

• Locked thread