Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

high value concepts such as farting and pooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Great page transition, there. A+ snypa.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Reading that big article about Theranos, the two things that did surprise me (that I didn't know about the story earlier) were:

1. Holy poo poo the lead scientist killed himself.
2. Errol Morris... no :(

I guess there's an easy joke to make about how Errol Morris grilled literal murderers, pathological liars, and war criminals; and thus he's the perfect man to interview a sociopath like Holmes.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

cargo cult posted:

can the programming job havers itt engineer us a better government? preferably one which places a high value on concepts such as rationality and liberty unlike the sh*t we have rite now which abuses each and every1 of us

Well I've been reading Asimov's Foundation series and

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Well I've been reading Asimov's Foundation series and

never once picked up any material related to economics or political theory.
Just trust me.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

never once picked up any material related to economics or political theory.
Just trust me.

Why would I need to? Those are soft squishy field and I have a physics degree so really voting is best modeled as if each voter is a scintillating photons

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Why would I need to? Those are soft squishy field and I have a physics degree so really voting is best modeled as if each voter is a scintillating photons

now if you excuse me I need to finish this p-hacking job for our next disruptive infographic that marketing says has to go viral on social media.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

30.5 Days posted:

I just came in from the south (and holy poo poo this money) and the combo of upturned nose at non-west-coast developers combined with stunning incompetence is truly a sight to behold. gently caress the bay forever, can't wait to retire before 50 after squirreling away these earnings and get the gently caress out of here.
You could do the same as a roughneck in an oil platform or field with fewer hours and the ability to beat the poo poo out of poo poo talkers but that's like work

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Korranus posted:

You could do the same as a roughneck in an oil platform or field with fewer hours and the ability to beat the poo poo out of poo poo talkers but that's like work

Agreed, gently caress work.

Today I found out that it's apparently normal (maybe even traditional?) for bay area CEOs to send out a voting slate to the company email and subtly suggest you follow it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Korranus posted:

Yeah, I'm sure there are no downsides to a career based on brutal & dangerous physical labor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trump’s new SecDef nominee is on Theranos’ board.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

And they he had limited experience manipulating Washington bureaucracy... Ha!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/805081404233093120

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

that would be cool if his theranos connection fucks up his confirmation hearings in the senate

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

that would be cool if his theranos connection fucks up his confirmation hearings in the senate

and not the fact that he's ineligible to serve as secdef

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i'll take what i can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I personally support Matthis in shifting the military from spending money on engineering boondoggles, to biotech boondoggles.

• Locked thread