Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
All I remember is being really confused about what was going on, then my friends and I making paper airplanes to throw at people. Why did anyone think a bunch of west coast elementary school kids would give a poo poo about a plane hitting a building they'd never heard of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I was 16 op

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I was in college and we got half a day off then my American Gothic English class was about white girls weeping for the rest of the semester.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

4 years old

i remember absolutely nothing about it

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Christ, when will Americans stop being little pissboys and little pissgirls and get over 9/11 already.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

I was in college and we got half a day off then my American Gothic English class was about white girls weeping for the rest of the semester.

GTFO olds this thread isnt for you

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bismuth posted:

GTFO olds this thread isnt for you

I was born on leap day bitch.

Fight me.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

I was born on leap day bitch.

Fight me.

Wow, sexist much?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Wow, sexist much?

Sorry I meant to say gender neutral dog.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

Sorry I meant to say gender neutral dog.

thank you, rear end in a top hat or motherfucker also would have worked

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
nah i wasnt, gently caress you everyone

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ban everyone who posts itt

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

ban everyone

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I was just hoping we'd get a half day so I could go home and play Meridian 59 or subspace but we didn't, that's when the terrorists had really won

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also I was like 17 or something so eat my poo poo I guess OP

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Aralan posted:

I was just hoping we'd get a half day so I could go home and play Meridian 59 or subspace but we didn't, that's when the terrorists had really won

This website was the only one that was up since all the news sites were getting hammered.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

Yeah we didnt get any time off either it was bullshit, we obviously needed time with our families to grieve and/or play video games

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
I was there during the Battle of 9/11, ive seen things you people wouldnt believe.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

Also I was like 17 or something so eat my poo poo I guess OP

wow look at all the olds getting offended because one thread isn't for them

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

when the second plane hit I was cutting school with my friends, driving around smoking a blunt. get this - we heard about it on the radio. imagine getting your news from the radio roflmbo

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bismuth posted:

wow look at all the olds getting offended because one thread isn't for them

Actually every thread is for me, 9/11 taught us that we need shitposts in this life and that's what I'm here to deliver

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
When that second plane hit the towers I knew that that was when America needed me to post "get banned human being" the most

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

what year was 9/11? i forgot

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

when the second plane hit I was cutting school with my friends, driving around smoking a blunt. get this - we heard about it on the radio. imagine getting your news from the radio roflmbo

Holy gently caress that sounds horrifying.

No repeat pictures of the towers collapsing at all?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Does anyone know if sales of Jenga went up after this event?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
You have to remember, these were different times, people could still tell other people to get banned, and also it wasn't against the rules to request that they kill themselves like I wish I could do now but this is a post 9/11 world

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Aralan posted:

You have to remember, these were different times, people could still tell other people to get banned, and also it wasn't against the rules to request that they kill themselves like I wish I could do now but this is a post 9/11 world

Can I tell you to get band and maybe we could start up a little music group?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I wouldn't be allowed to use the internet for 3 more years after it, that's when I knew I had become a woman

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

Holy gently caress that sounds horrifying.

No repeat pictures of the towers collapsing at all?

not till we came down enough to go back to our parents house. it was ok tho since they played that poo poo on loop for the next 5 years

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

not till we came down enough to go back to our parents house. it was ok tho since they played that poo poo on loop for the next 5 years

My stock in Kleenex skyrocketed so sometimes you can find the silver lining.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

I just want to interject here that the flight 93 high jacking plan was just embarrassingly incompetent, almost like it was masterminded by children

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Back in those crazy days you couldn't post something like "I'm gay" without people getting weird about it but now you can post "I'm gay" wherever you want and nobody will filter you

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i remember my high school had an assembly about it with the principal before they sent us home for the day

the principal had been tracking it on TV while we sat through our first class or whatever and then he called an assembly, and opened up for questions at the end

the first question anyone asked was "did anyone die?"

the principal just said "yes" and sent everyone home, no further questions.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

I just want to interject here that the flight 93 high jacking plan was just embarrassingly incompetent, almost like it was masterminded by children

poo poo you caught us

Iron Prince posted:

i remember my high school had an assembly about it with the principal before they sent us home for the day

the principal had been tracking it on TV while we sat through our first class or whatever and then he called an assembly, and opened up for questions at the end

the first question anyone asked was "did anyone die?"

the principal just said "yes" and sent everyone home, no further questions.

Did he put on a pair of sunglasses and walk out of the assembly?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Is there ANYWHERE I can buy a commemorative 9/11 box-cutter?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

You can get custom printed box-cutters at these sites https://www.printglobe.com/box-cutters-utility-knives and https://www.identity-links.com/tools-amp-flashlights/box-cutters maybe one of them could hook you up?

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
The school didn't tell us what was happening, so when I got home after being picked up and saw a building collapsing, I laughed. I thought it was a cool demolition thing.

I got grounded for that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

did tide already do a "these colors don't run" marketing campaign

• Locked thread