Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Winter Fresh posted:

I was about ten which means we were just old enough for my entire grade to be forced into learning and performing Lee Greenwoods God Bless the USA in front of various crowds of people.. my favorite part was how we would sit down in the middle of the song and when Lee would sing "STAND UP" we would all stand up together it was great

Was this every fifth grade class in America? I was ten when 9/11 happened and they made us sing that song too, but they replaced "I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me" with "I won't forget those who died on that Tuesday morning".

My Mom had CNN on before I went to school, so I got to watch the towers get hit then be rushed to school. No one at school talked about it at all, but they just ended the school day with "Due to today's events, chess club is canceled". My brother lived in Manhattan at the time and didn't call us until that night, so it was a pretty weird day. It was weirder considering how much Election 2000 was aired everywhere in our school. After that day, they just assumed our parents explained it to us and jumped into this intense hyper-patriotism with flags and songs for the entire rest of the year and a good portion of middle school.

GewuerzKahn posted:

They skipped one or two episodes of Dragon Ball Z in Germany and aired instead boring news.

In the US, the new season of Dragonball Z started on September 10th (Saiyaman saga) and I was worried they'd stop showing it, but they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread