Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
All I remember is being really confused about what was going on, then my friends and I making paper airplanes to throw at people. Why did anyone think a bunch of west coast elementary school kids would give a poo poo about a plane hitting a building they'd never heard of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

I was in college and we got half a day off then my American Gothic English class was about white girls weeping for the rest of the semester.

GTFO olds this thread isnt for you

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

I was born on leap day bitch.

Fight me.

Wow, sexist much?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

Sorry I meant to say gender neutral dog.

thank you, rear end in a top hat or motherfucker also would have worked

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

I was just hoping we'd get a half day so I could go home and play Meridian 59 or subspace but we didn't, that's when the terrorists had really won

Yeah we didnt get any time off either it was bullshit, we obviously needed time with our families to grieve and/or play video games

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

Also I was like 17 or something so eat my poo poo I guess OP

wow look at all the olds getting offended because one thread isn't for them

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I wouldn't be allowed to use the internet for 3 more years after it, that's when I knew I had become a woman

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

I just want to interject here that the flight 93 high jacking plan was just embarrassingly incompetent, almost like it was masterminded by children

poo poo you caught us

Iron Prince posted:

i remember my high school had an assembly about it with the principal before they sent us home for the day

the principal had been tracking it on TV while we sat through our first class or whatever and then he called an assembly, and opened up for questions at the end

the first question anyone asked was "did anyone die?"

the principal just said "yes" and sent everyone home, no further questions.

Did he put on a pair of sunglasses and walk out of the assembly?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bert Roberge posted:

Is there ANYWHERE I can buy a commemorative 9/11 box-cutter?

You can get custom printed box-cutters at these sites https://www.printglobe.com/box-cutters-utility-knives and https://www.identity-links.com/tools-amp-flashlights/box-cutters maybe one of them could hook you up?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

October Revolution posted:

The school didn't tell us what was happening, so when I got home after being picked up and saw a building collapsing, I laughed. I thought it was a cool demolition thing.

I got grounded for that :(

loving rude. I remember parents/teachers being really frustrated that we didn't all instantly understand what a tragedy it was, as if a bunch of little kids should just psychically understand what the hell was going on/what it meant.

I'm so thankful my parents are America-hating commies who actually explained poo poo to me instead of punishing, and can appreciate a good 9/11 joke.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

two tragedies in one day

:eyepop:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
To be fair, New Yorkers seem like huge babies about most everything

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Is goatse pre or post 9/11??

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

Pre, part of our lost age of innocence. Gaze at it and remember a simpler time

I thought so! I didnt get to see it until I was 13 or so, but it still had it's punch.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
What I'm getting from all this is that kids around my age:

-Thought the explosions were cool
-Were happy about going home early
-Only knew about this kind of stuff from video games (if at all)
-Worried about missing DBZ

That pretty much sums it up for me, other than my friends and I making paper airplanes to throw at each other, this is really the defining experience of the post-9/11 generation

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Did anyone else know someone who would tell everybody some family member died on 9/11 but later you found out it was of some unrelated cause 4000 miles away?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

mdm posted:

Are ITT threads allowed again?

This is not a roleplaying ITT thread this is about real life experiences. god.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I do what I want

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I guess I'd say that 9/11 had no impact on my life other than being something to make jokes about, and a litmus test to see who to be friends with (if they dont think 9/11 is funny, then no-go)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

symbolic posted:

my dad's best friend died in 9/11 and there's a memorial golf tournament for him every year that my parents attend, so every time i joke about 9/11 there's a tiny twinge of guilt in the back of my mind

If it makes you feel any better we've killed like 10k middle eastern civilians for every american that died on 9/11

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

symbolic posted:

that made me feel more depressed actually

Maybe some 9/11 jokes will cheer you up?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Takane posted:

Do you think anyone tried to get one last cum before the towers fell?

I hope someone jacked it while falling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Wipfmetz posted:

I was about 18 back when it happened. Everbody was pretty shocked and stuff and people were holding minutes of silence in the school yard.
Then the Bush years happened and Germany stopped with all that silly "wuhuhu our bff america has been hit" poo poo.

Germany knew what Bush did

• Locked thread