Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I was in college and we got half a day off then my American Gothic English class was about white girls weeping for the rest of the semester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bismuth posted:

GTFO olds this thread isnt for you

I was born on leap day bitch.

Fight me.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Wow, sexist much?

Sorry I meant to say gender neutral dog.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

ban everyone

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Aralan posted:

I was just hoping we'd get a half day so I could go home and play Meridian 59 or subspace but we didn't, that's when the terrorists had really won

This website was the only one that was up since all the news sites were getting hammered.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

when the second plane hit I was cutting school with my friends, driving around smoking a blunt. get this - we heard about it on the radio. imagine getting your news from the radio roflmbo

Holy gently caress that sounds horrifying.

No repeat pictures of the towers collapsing at all?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Does anyone know if sales of Jenga went up after this event?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Aralan posted:

You have to remember, these were different times, people could still tell other people to get banned, and also it wasn't against the rules to request that they kill themselves like I wish I could do now but this is a post 9/11 world

Can I tell you to get band and maybe we could start up a little music group?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

not till we came down enough to go back to our parents house. it was ok tho since they played that poo poo on loop for the next 5 years

My stock in Kleenex skyrocketed so sometimes you can find the silver lining.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Is there ANYWHERE I can buy a commemorative 9/11 box-cutter?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

This is quite possibly the most beautiful picture I've ever viewed.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

did tide already do a "these colors don't run" marketing campaign

Tide did a really tasteless campaign like that before the emancipation proclamation.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

CNN was pretty good that day. I watched the same half hour of footage like 12 times.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Renegret posted:

I was 13, in my 7th grade Social Studies class.

Another teacher came in and told my teacher what happened by whispering in her ear. She refused to tell us what happened saying "it's not important" even though we could see a giant plume of black smoke drifting by the window, and some of the other classrooms had windows facing the towers and saw the whole thing happen.

gently caress you Ms. G.

oval office

good lord I hope you beheaded her

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Renegret posted:

We did, but for a different reason.

She got called to grand jury dury and forgot to leave our homework assignments in the sub's lesson plan. When she came back in a month got really mad we didn't do the homework she didn't assign us, because we "should've known to do it".

She gave us 3 days to do a month's worth of homework.

oval office

I've never been so angry over a person I've never met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

no_one posted:

Have any of you eaten freedom fries?

We didn't get them in the UK

UK got Imperialism Chips?

• Locked thread