Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Bongo Bill posted:

Spidey Super Stories #8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMRRWzACpM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Bongo Bill posted:

Some people don't get Sunday papers and some only get Sunday papers, so they repeat things so that there's narrative continuity (such as it is) even if you read only one or the other, and also even if you occasionally skip a day.

Also, "every Newspaper Spiderman is somebody's first Newspaper Spiderman."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Clearly someone at NSM editorial is lurking this thread if that middle panel is to be believed.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Only peter, or MJ, needs to go to the front desk to check in. Like, just one person. Rocket doesn't need to go in there at all.

But you just KNOW all three of them will waltz right up to the manager.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Panel 5 is so well-rendered it almost takes me out of the absurdity.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Push El Burrito posted:

I hope they all misunderstood and Ronan is actually saying "century".

And Turner D. Century comes out of the volcano.

Or an old Buick.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

quote:

Love that little sentry nose.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
"Trash can. Remember a trash can."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Space Braveheart.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

This is 3 Stooges / Looney Tunes quality right here. "When I nod my head, you hit it."

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Cabbit posted:

I think what the artist is trying to convey is that Ronan has moved his hammer behind his own head, and behind Spider-Man.

I think Spidey's brilliant plan is to jump off at the last second and let Ronan blast his own helmet off.

But that may just, like, blow his own head clean off.

That hammer head is rather brick-shaped so I doubt NSM will effectively dodge it.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ronan got a sweet goatee.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Giving Ronan his helmet back so he doesn't die isn't all that crazy of an idea provided, oh, I dunno, someone takes away his hammer, first?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
MJ has clearly missed her audition (or whatever they were going to LA for) but she's definitely going to use them acting chops soon.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Someone once wrote to Marvel claiming in some panel that, based on the background imagery, Spiderman was unable to swing from his web because there were no taller buildings around (like, the empire state building was below him or something) and Stan Lee's response was "There's a helicopter just our of frame" so that has been canon for me.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I hope Namor is still running a studio out there.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
the movie studio paid for first class digs but not a plane ticket.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Jerusalem posted:

The company/money was made when Doc Ock was occupying his body right? I choose to believe with all my heart that Peter just has no idea how to run "his" company and is bumbling his way along while his board of directors keeps everything going in spite of him :shobon:

Yes. And the company is currently crumbling.

He'll be back to being a poor loser soon/.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

quote:

What is up with Maureen's hair?

quote:

"Those cops are getting beaten to a pulp? Should I actually do my job?"

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Tyrannus hs clearly already taken control of tracking and kerning because these aren't even sentences, just one long word after another.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Tunicate posted:

Stan Lee is still writing according to this article

I could maybe buy all that until the end where it goes back to Stan for approval. He's blind. He ain't approving anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Pete's phone is either upside down or backwards. Or both.

• Locked thread