Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea that feels like a thing even the real comics weirdly ignore. His issue is being The Lizard makes him murder happy and predatory, he should just find a way to be a sick nasty lizard dude with has two working arms.

that was how he ended up after shed. he was more or less content to stay in super prison without telling anyone who was in control, though. shed was pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"say, did you know that lizards hunt in packs and can survive indefinitely in a vacuum?"

"i wasn't sure about you before, but you're hired."

aside from his charming erroneous factoids, i can't think of any other possible reason connors could still get a job at a lab after turning into the lizard like 20 different times.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so uh, if he is skipping the sole ingredient which apparently turns him into a the lizard, exactly what active ingredient does he think will regrow his arm? he's dropped the the lizard part, so is he even using magic juice related to regrowing limbs?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought florida mostly had small, poisonous snakes. after 30 seconds with google, it seems that this used to be true, but that there are now increasing numbers of invasive non-native species.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Circus of crime time!

nsm couldn't handle the entire group and ringmaster would be helpless against him, because nsm doesn't have a mind to control. maybe just the fat lady?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is clearly the living monolith

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the owl is a mutant with a bunch of low level physical enhancements who can fly. incredibly dated character design aside, he's a perfectly adequate street level villain.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

1: You have spider-sense.

2: That's the most violent thing I've ever seen in this comic.

what about when they crammed ronan's corpse into rocket's tiny space pod?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let's be real, here. this world does not deserve a nsm story with aim, modok, and man thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, werewolf by night. that brings jonah into it, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a normal looking dude with torn clothing living in the middle of nowhere as a hermit, while jjj (his father) is nearby. plus, it's already an animal transformation themed story since connors is there. the mystery is solved.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't worry, connors is going to chuck expensive lab equipment at the gator!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

That gator is Connors' friend and he doesn't want tourists to harm him.

it's his common law wife

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hulk is probably the most boring option

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah but we've got him so let's make the best of it.

oh, it is nsm so i'm sure it'll be just fine. sadly, i guess it can't go with obscure characters every time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

I doubt Stan has ever watched the Bixby Hulk series.

Hell he probably hasn't even watched the Spider-Man Raimi films.

i think he's mostly blind now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfface posted:

Damnit Peter... all you had to do was say "He's thatta way." and your Hulk problem would be over.

ah, i see what your problem is. you are expecting nsm to outwit someone. peter's lucky that he remembered he is spiderman this time, since he forgets sometimes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, hulk is going to mangle peter with his butt.

actually, on second thought, heck yeah hulk is gonna mangle peter with his butt!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Which leaves me wondering why the Hulk is just hanging out twenty feet from this guy's secret lab which is accessible only by hovercraft.

Also I like the idea of making a new thread each year.

banner's been known to hang out in the middle of nowhere so that no one bothers him. just not, you know, in a florida swamp because the mosquitos alone would make him instantly turn into the hulk.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still love that they gave banner hulk's haircut when he first appeared

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, i feel that the second panel is ripe for text replacement

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he knew peter was spiderman, banner would immediately start punching him in the head like everyone nsm teams up with does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Remind me again why the good doctor decided the Florida swamps were a good place to do laboratory work.

because his 'laboratory work' consists entirely of synthesizing exotic drugs for his own use.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so he came looking for a dealer. for shame, dr. banner.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really, it makes perfect sense for banner to track down connors. after all, connors is a famous geneticist with many accomplishments, such as turning himself into a humanoid lizard, turning himself into a humanoid lizard, and even turning himself into a humanoid lizard. who wouldn't want his help?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
holy poo poo, despite all the foreshadowing this arc doesn't revolve around connors' poor decision-making skills.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

lizard hulk with severe mental disability incoming

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
normally, local cops would do their best to steer clear of the hulk. in nsm, they will probably point guns at him while making fun of his haircut.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stahlgeist posted:

Magnitoes.

It's great that Banner sought out Dr. Connors, having read his research about how he uncontrollably turns into a The Lizard, to ask for help on how to prevent himself from uncontrollably turning into a The Hulk. Did he miss the part where Connors hasn't figured out how to not be a The Lizard yet?

he's only done it one time in nsm, and instead of immediately shooting up some lizard serum when his life got rough he did a bunch of normal illegal drugs instead. strangely, nsm connors has his poo poo way more together than other versions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
transporting a man bleeding out via what is essentially an extended trampoline ride is a wonderful idea. he's probably not even gonna web up the leg or anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
WHAT? CURT CONNORS.... IS SPIDERMAN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also I cant explain that triangle in panel 2.

WHAT? PETER PARKER IS... 3D MAN?

• Locked thread