Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

redbackground posted:

Spiders can't vote!

It is worse than that. SpiderSENSES can't vote. If they did we'd have like, 5 times as many votes to count, one for every regular sense. More if we're talking all those other senses like balance , hot and cold, etc.

What I'm saying is those 3 million votes Trump is talking about is someone voting with their nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I see what happened here. Someone told them to make Ronan as Kirby as possible and the artist just drastically misunderstood.

I skimmed through this post at first, not getting it. Then I went back and was in Game mode, and now I can't stop laughing thanks a lot.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay so it is super tiny...

It's baby groot and rocket!

Man Peter really is a nerd. Alien life comes crashing down to Earth and the first thing he does is try to hump its ship.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wasn't here for the last few panels, just look at what I missed.

Let's just hope he uses his gun to blast that dog. It isn't even a telepath, he should be fine.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Speaking of Tuesday

"Also why aren't you wearing your coat anymore? Wait they ignored you after going to bed , without feeding you? To the point you're rooting around in trash and fighting coyotes for scraps? "

Peter better be in jail soon is all I'm saying.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I forget to check this thread for one damned day and I am suddenly blessed with this glorious madness.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Giant robot keeps yelling for shrooms.

Holy poo poo blowing up albawhatever is boring someone get me some shrooms

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no our only streetlight!

"He's right where he needs to be"

Also known as stapled to a man's backside.

And will someone give that robot some drat shrooms already .

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

No Ronan don't slap him on the dick can't you see you're only making him hornier?!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just punch him in the face a few times before you put that on. What's the harm?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Spidey just started playing Planescape Torment.

How much jink do you think we can get for that deader from the Dusties, MJ?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Why has not a single person commented on the fact that Rocket looks high on PCP in that next to last panel?

Like he's suddenly staring at his own mortality made flesh or possibly is just slowly growing blind from having watched a mushroom cloud?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MJs plan was to hire aliens to stop a space alien and his alien robot.

I'm sure there is some kind of message in here somewhere. It might be Yo Spider-man!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well don't YOU want your wife making out with a midget racoon mutant that rolled around in garbage just a few hours ago and is high off shrooms he just stole from a robot?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lobok posted:

I guess this means MJ is gonna smoke some weed or turn into the King of Pop.

She is going to officiate a wedding for someone named Jane.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I too, as a human being, sometimes have troubles, beep boop.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lobok posted:

Especially since he is the famed co-creator! It wouldn't be as appealing if the writer was just some random hiree.

The Superior Spider-Man, you say?

The superior Spiderman, aka Newspaper Spidey. Doc didn't transfer to a new mind, he just created an alternate reality where Parker could be defeated by thrown bricks and then transferred himself to that reality's Ockbrain. Unfortunately the general ineptitude of everyone in this new universe got to him too and now he pales in comparison to such villains as mole man who has the power to creepily peer at Peter's aunt in ways the old Ock never could.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Wow Mole Man is a real hero

A superhero team of loveable whackos like Mole Man, Rocket and Lenny would probably be the only comic I would pay for these days.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I just saw the new Spider movie. I'm fairly sure the main character is supposed to be Newspaper Spidey: He keeps screwing up, makes boneheaded moves and gets beaten on by random dudes (even after he just fought Captain America last movie).

In fact, we may have found the new "Brick to the head" moment in it when Peter jumps head first into the roof of a van and gets a concussion

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

So basically this?

That is clearly the SIDE of a truck, not the ceiling/roof.

But... yeah.

He fails to jump several times. He's racing across a small neighborhood's set of roofs and just keeps jumping onto poo poo and breaking it, like he jumps into some poor guy's shed at some point, then ruins the lawns of several other people. He shoots a web at a fleeing truck and then gets dragged on his rear end through a whole lot of things.

Later, just before he gets into that head trauma I spoke of, he tries to ambush a few guys but only ends up jumping too short because his new webs are set to impact, not swing. So he falls on his face.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Having seen the new Spider-Man film, I can concur that there is a wonderful NSM vibe to a lot of scenes where he just goes around loving up constantly. I loved it :allears:

Oh man you just reminded me of the scene where he tries to stop a carjacker by slamming the guys face against the car, only for it to be revealed it was the guy's car and he just lost his keys or something and the entire neighborhood including Stan Lee tells him to gently caress off

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Begemot posted:

To my mind, the perfect NSM moment was when he gets into a shipping container on the back of a truck through a like high-tech device that makes the roof intangible. But then that's deactivated, so when he tries to dramatically leap out and confront the Vulture, he knocks himself out for several hours.

But really the whole first three quarters of the movie is Pete being an idiot. It's fantastic.

Yeah, think I mentioned that before. I was half expecting Rocket to pop in and go "Man you humans are dumb" and then leave.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Stan Lee is still writing according to this article

Over 69000 pages? Nice. Didn't know Stan the Man had it in him

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I know that's supposed to be his weird rear end chest plate but Tyrannus looks like he is holding an opened box of cereal on this tiny screen I am reading on, like he is munching down on Spider-Man sugarpuffs or something while watching all this.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Spidey you're scaring the moloids!

Tyrannus looks like Adam from that one scene out of He-Man that got spliced into him singing What's Up

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ok, so now to stop Tyrannus all Pete has to do is web the doorway he ran off through and let time do its thing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

What?

Even by NSM standards the casual mention of "oh yeah they can tunnel through the loving molten core of the planet earth and I guess Tyrannus is also immune to that somehow" is pretty nuts.

Also the line "now they're both behind and ahead of us", which obviously means they split into two groups but is still a very silly way to say that.

The molten core is also kinda, uuuh, gigantic. And probably a lot deeper down what with how cool it is where they are. I guess if they're all running around the core and these guys just did a straight line as per the old trigonometry math problem but, yeah.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hey Spidey you had all this explained to you like 10-20 panels ago did you have a stroke?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

In fairness, Tyrannus also forgot and he's the one rotting to death.

Well a 1500 year old guy having a stroke is a lot more plausible. If he starts slurring his words Moley better give him an aspirin real quick.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I will hug him and squeeze him and call him Man

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Even though we know his spider sense is useless, that does raise a good question: Would water that makes you younger set off a danger sense since that technically makes you healthier up to a point? Or would the onrushing flood be more dangerous?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Turns out he'll make it to the surface just fine. But the sky will be a deep blood red as our sleeping alien's surviving children invade.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tunicate posted:

that's common in underground art

Stop making me laugh out loud on this bus you moleman

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

After getting married, he is renamed Molehusband and then he dies in a freak accident while parking his car.

No, he will be shot by a moleglar.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress you Spidey stop hassling your new uncle, he is gonna go out and get himself shot or something.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"Here lies Moleman. He served his country well, but never scored."

The better solution would be Peter staying to lead the moloids, they need a hip new ruler that can lead them into a bright new era.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elfface posted:

If the moloids need Melvin to survive, what did they do before him?

Mole about.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We can't let anyone know about the Fountain of Youth, or we will have another Clone War when the Nemoidians find out.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

My exact thoughts. Did he finally meet his old nemesis?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh poo poo Peter WAS replaced with a Ferengi. I mean, moloid.

• Locked thread