Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LadyAmbien had posted a thread asking for some input on some new features and they seemed to be generally well received. A few highlights were:

Probated posters could post in a probate only forum. Everyone can see it, but only probes can post there and no one really wants to go there. Kind of like Ravenholm, in a way.

You could automatically PM a mod regardless of Plat status to ask rules questions and/or probation reasons and the like.

You could see who bought the latest avatars and such for other people.

You could buy account guard or "insurance" for your avatar, account, or plat status that would protect you from some of the auto bans and stuff.

A way to see a threads rating while in the thread BEFORE voting yourself.

A running total of total post votes i.e. "Jastigers average thread rating is 5.0!" or something like that.

Whatever happened to those ideas? Also, I didn't post this in QCS because I want to know who changed my avatar. The long text is obnoxious for everyone and I saved for 6 months for the money to change my av and it barely lasted a week!

Any input from pro SA detectives and any input on those new rules suggestions from other goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Gastiger strikes again

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Here let me help: Voted 1

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
someone summarize the op for me? it was lots of :words: and 💩

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
those all seem like terrible ideas

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whos up

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
mystery goon: quit buying idiot jastiger titles and free drad, tia

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
if someone wants to give me an av, just make sure it has a mitre, poop and a tiny dilz

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

vols bitch posted:

mystery goon: quit buying idiot jastiger titles and free drad, tia

no keep it up its festive

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

hth posted:

no keep it up its festive

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I feel like these aren't very high on the list of priorities.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i think he bought it for himself and the content of his OP is him trying to get ahead of the story, I have it on good authority from a person close to the Something Awful Administrative Campaign that Jastiger is working closely with Lady Ambien to allow him to wear his offensive ideals and attack a personal enemy in exchange for exposure for Lady Ambien ITT

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol this thread hit the crap level so fast

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dookifex_maximus posted:

i think he bought it for himself and the content of his OP is him trying to get ahead of the story

Nah man I JUST got a new avatar and it is replaced with this poo poo and I am being cyberbullied.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
All the cool kids are going to be posting in the probe forum and everyone is going to try to get probated to join in on the fun.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

cat jail forum sounds kinda fun

Vargs fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 12, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

All the cool kids are going to be posting in the probe forum and everyone is going to try to get probated to join in on the fun.

Just like prison in the United States.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Volume posted:

Lol this thread hit the crap level so fast

It's one of those times I'm proud to be from GBS

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dookifex_maximus posted:

i think he bought it for himself and the content of his OP is him trying to get ahead of the story, I have it on good authority from a person close to the Something Awful Administrative Campaign that Jastiger is working closely with Lady Ambien to allow him to wear his offensive ideals and attack a personal enemy in exchange for exposure for Lady Ambien ITT

i poo poo myself

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No one is gonna help us with this cyberbullying case?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Jastiger posted:

i can buy you a gigantic swastika

ive been taking it back lately

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Jastiger posted:

are you at least asexual?

its not looking good for your case, white male #0313483

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The report log should be publicly viewable. Then the forums will be complete.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Whenever Jagistur posts he gets a bucket of diarrhea dropped on him like Nickelodeon slime and there is a whole automated thread of videos and gifs of every diarrheaing.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Tricky D posted:

The report log should be publicly viewable. Then the forums will be complete.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Chief McHeath posted:

Whenever Jagistur posts he gets a bucket of diarrhea dropped on him like Nickelodeon slime

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
every single thing everyone does should be logged and the logs should be publicly viewable

bring back the hell dump forum and make it for public discussion, circle jerking, berating, humiliating, outing, and shaming people re: people's logs

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Hell dump ruled. Bring back hell dump (and LF)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Tricky D posted:

Hell dump ruled. Bring back hell dump (and LF)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Heh. You're gonna feel like such a Goon when Radium finishes up the first build of Titanium :cool:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Same.

:regd13:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
hell dump was straight up the best/funniest content this forum ever produced, it's a little ironic but entirely unsurprising that said content involved doxxing goons

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Never really did anything with Helldump so i'm not familiar. I just know someone keeps overriding my $5 with their $10 and its getting old.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i think the forums should be free

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Jastiger posted:

Never really did anything with Helldump so i'm not familiar. I just know someone keeps overriding my $5 with their $10 and its getting old.

Thank you for your financial contributions to this community

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Pretty good Halloween av, op

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jastiger posted:

Unfortunately you haven't been cyberbullied enough, you're still posting

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Those ideas are bad OP and I shan't be implementing any of them

Implement the one where you can't post anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Aralan posted:

Implement the one where you can't post anymore

how about instead, go gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
mark my words, if helldump comes back I'm going to ride every single hot new meme to execute each and every single one of your accounts

• Locked thread