Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LadyAmbien had posted a thread asking for some input on some new features and they seemed to be generally well received. A few highlights were:

Probated posters could post in a probate only forum. Everyone can see it, but only probes can post there and no one really wants to go there. Kind of like Ravenholm, in a way.

You could automatically PM a mod regardless of Plat status to ask rules questions and/or probation reasons and the like.

You could see who bought the latest avatars and such for other people.

You could buy account guard or "insurance" for your avatar, account, or plat status that would protect you from some of the auto bans and stuff.

A way to see a threads rating while in the thread BEFORE voting yourself.

A running total of total post votes i.e. "Jastigers average thread rating is 5.0!" or something like that.

Whatever happened to those ideas? Also, I didn't post this in QCS because I want to know who changed my avatar. The long text is obnoxious for everyone and I saved for 6 months for the money to change my av and it barely lasted a week!

Any input from pro SA detectives and any input on those new rules suggestions from other goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dookifex_maximus posted:

i think he bought it for himself and the content of his OP is him trying to get ahead of the story

Nah man I JUST got a new avatar and it is replaced with this poo poo and I am being cyberbullied.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

All the cool kids are going to be posting in the probe forum and everyone is going to try to get probated to join in on the fun.

Just like prison in the United States.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No one is gonna help us with this cyberbullying case?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Never really did anything with Helldump so i'm not familiar. I just know someone keeps overriding my $5 with their $10 and its getting old.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What was wrong with seeing who bought your av? Or purchasing additional protection so it can't be changed so quickly? It doesnt prohibit it, and it is actually another chargeable thing. What are the draw backs?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

You don't enter your own username to buy someone else's avatar and exposing email addresses or billing info is a lovely thing to do.

Ah didn't know that, that makes sense. Maybe require that or is that crossing bounds? Sounds like you don't even need to have an account to buy?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Nobody's going to spray a "suck my dick, fuckman" graffiti on a house protected by CCTV.

I think you highly underestimate the rage some people have. Ive had probably 10 different avatars in my time here and ive only ever paid for 2 of them. Thats at least $80 spent just on trolling me and im small fish in that department. I highly doubt that would curtail avatar purchases.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

what does it matter, are you going to track them down and kick them in the balls or something, what difference does it make

Yes.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My posts are good though? That is what all my post analyists are telling me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

Think how many avs you could buy jastiger with that money

Sabre rattling will get you no where. This is cyber bullying and you can rest assured this thread will be a hot topic on the morning pearl-clutching talk shows.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Airborne Viking posted:

In eight years, you've only dropped $10 on your own avatars, and now it's "getting old"?

Ive "won" a few other avatars and all of the changes to the ones I spent money on came within a week or so. That is what gets old.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey thanks ma-...heyyyyyyy.

:mad:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its frustrating to purchase something and have it negated throuh no fault or doing of my own. Id have a bigger problem with it if mods were doing it to generate additional revenue and stuff like that.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Michaellaneous posted:

stop being a bad poster
that is your fault

I remember now. I forget the guys name, and he got mega mad about the South being bad and vowed to change avatars forever for me and like 3 other posters. That was like a year ago lol.

Lots of Confederates of these forums hiding their colors.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manticorny posted:

looks like this thread is headed...

...south!

Mods? Serious cyberbullying going on itt.

two forty posted:

didn't someone bestow upon you the lyrics to i'm a good ol' rebel as a custom title? now every time you make one of your dumbass posts i get the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

you are the worst poster on gbs, please consider reddit or some other place where you can post earnestly and get upvotes for your feigned rage at the existence of most of the united states, perceived sleights, white privilege, et cetera.

here's a forums feature suggestion: can we contribute to have jastiger permabanned?

Lol nice melt down.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

two forty posted:

a tired meme. i'm telling you, you'd fit in great on reddit.

The fact that you're that mad about my posts (which are actually just once a year and are pretty well sourced) says a lot more about you than it does me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

hey jastiger idaho sucks haha owned

:rip:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I hate yankees posted:

that was in like may or june you dumbass

Nah it was at the latest in Februrary and I'm pretty sure it continued into NOvember or some such.

Airborne Viking posted:

There you go jastiger. You have a name. What are you gonna do about it?

Also I knew nothing about you before this thread, and now I know too much. You have further tarnished your internet reputation, and I will buy you a racist avatar at some point.

Why do you align with the forces of evil?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ok who got me this new one?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I know right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008