Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Jastiger posted:

LadyAmbien had posted a thread asking for some input on some new features and they seemed to be generally well received. A few highlights were:

Probated posters could post in a probate only forum. Everyone can see it, but only probes can post there and no one really wants to go there. Kind of like Ravenholm, in a way.

You could automatically PM a mod regardless of Plat status to ask rules questions and/or probation reasons and the like.

You could see who bought the latest avatars and such for other people.

You could buy account guard or "insurance" for your avatar, account, or plat status that would protect you from some of the auto bans and stuff.

A way to see a threads rating while in the thread BEFORE voting yourself.

A running total of total post votes i.e. "Jastigers average thread rating is 5.0!" or something like that.

Whatever happened to those ideas? Also, I didn't post this in QCS because I want to know who changed my avatar. The long text is obnoxious for everyone and I saved for 6 months for the money to change my av and it barely lasted a week!

Any input from pro SA detectives and any input on those new rules suggestions from other goons?

i imagine less people would buy avatars for other people if they could see who bought them, which would be bad for sales

the thread title auto bans are definitely a weird way to possibly punish someone for being tired or posting on a phone, i agree with you there

average thread rating....idk, really hope this place never becomes reddit

overall i like the account protection idea but the rest seems weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread