Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Germstore posted:

No. Behavioral science is literally not science. Cherry picking individual studies also isn't scientific because of the severe selection bias involved in paper publication.

it's amazing when people cherry pick studies, especially on subjects that have like no studies done on but a handful, then claim that is conclusive overwhelming evidence

like the reason climate change is a thing is because there's many multiple scientific studies done that all show this same repeated evidence, not because all the scientists took a vote and agreed on it

one study is just a puzzle piece, and sometimes its for the wrong puzzle or unusable.

(you should answer the question why behavioral science isn't science though, since it does the same peer reviewed process)

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

NomChompsky posted:

that poo poo does happen sometimes. I once saw this actor at six flags fright fest following a kid that couldn't have been older than maybe like 10 calling him a tubby fat little poo poo. his dad laughed at him. i can't imagine how fuckin embarrassed he must have been.

It's ok he was just acting

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I remember when 1893 came out by pepsi and people said it was poo poo because they put way less sugar in it and had other flavors than sweet lol

People have such an insane sugar desensitization it's nuts, 1893 is still sweet as gently caress

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

There was a professor who ate nothing but twinkies for years but had a clean bill of health because he monitored the calories exactly, didn't get fat and was in great shape, and did it to prove the point about calories

Calories matter the most, the issue is calories =/= fullness since things that are dense don't take up much space in your stomach. Soda, juices, and milk never fills you up because it literally goes through you like water. Two apples is like the same calories as a candy bar but the apples fill you up way more space wise and complexity for you to breakdown and digest.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Saurus posted:

I just drink diet soda and have a coke or something maybe once a month as a treat since it's basically a high calorie dessert.

It's always funny when humongous fats in america tell me how bad diet soda is for you while wheezing and sweating

Diet soda is bad for your teeth because of the acids tho its not as bad as sugared soda, not really for your weight tho, at least no real evidence yet

You should try the 1893 soda, its way less sweet than a normal coke but has a nicer flavor profile and way less bubble burn, a 12 oz can of it is like 150 calories.

The Dr. Pepper Ten line of drinks is also pretty solid because the real sugar in it is still there so you get more satisfaction while only picking up 10 calories, like chewing a piece of gum.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

It's mean to be a jerk to people who are actually a healthy weight and call them fatties tho

that being said if you're morbidly obese lol

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

rap music posted:

you can eat like a complete piece of poo poo and not be fat as long as you stop eating enough to feed three people

yep but that requires control to not keep shoveling it in, which for some people is hard!!

sugar is addictive but i don't really have an addictive personality so i could probably eat mcdonalds the rest of my life and never be fat if i wanted to, but why the gently caress would i lol

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

could do like this one person I know and eat a lot less and do a lot of speed, then start eating normal and stop the speed and maintain your new hot weight

plus you get to take speed

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

KVeezy3 posted:

It's strange when people speak of eating garbage as freedom and happiness as a point of pride. At least drug addicts and gamblers are somewhat ashamed of their slavery.

we should do what we do with drug addicts in america and start a war on obesity only it might actually work

if you're fat, you're imprisoned, forced to eat properly portioned low calorie diets, then released back into the general population once you're in the middle of your acceptable weight range

i can't see how this wouldn't work

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

This thread reminded me to look after my calories harder and continue to monitor my weight so I don't become a hambeast like the pics in this thread, and I've already dropped 5 lbs over the past two weeks

Thank you thread

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Why the gently caress would anyone jump into ice sheet covered water

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Archer666 posted:

Fat does things to a persons mind.

At least she's well-insulated

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Unlike ugly, fat can 99/100 times be changed, idk why people stick with the idea of being fat as core to their being since you'll never change at that point.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

When people get pressed on it, they bring up a laundry list of other issues (the big one being DEPRESSION) as to why being fat isn't too terribly different than how tall you are or what your skin color is.

Even depression can be controlled and treated

Fat ain't height or race lol

Is fat a protected class, I could of sworn it wasn't since you can be fired for not being fit enough for duty at jobs.

Don't get me wrong I don't get mad at them for existing but it is a healthcare crisis that needs tackling because of the expensive comorbid chronic conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm talking about obese people not overweight people, stop projecting lol

• Locked thread