Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
This one time I was fat, then I stopped eating so much then I got not fat. Then I ate a little more and got a little chubby, then I stopped eating so much and got not chubby before I got fat again.

:science: loving science bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

oldpainless posted:

but I would not follow around a fat person in real life and make fun of them
I might.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I don't understand how fat people are ok with making GBS threads so much. I was on a cruise recently where I reckon I ate as much as a smaller fat would and Jesus pooping three times a day was obnoxious. I mean I guess it doesn't matter when you just poo poo yourself then roll over in your side while some one scrubs the feces off you while you continue to eat your chicken bucket. But still.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Thank you for confirming my hypothesis runupon cracker.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

School Nickname posted:

but the diet is way too restrictive
No! That's a bad fatty.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

School Nickname posted:

Yeah that came out wrong. It's just that I find half the poo poo on that diet utterly intolerable to eat.
Thats the best part of the diet. Eventually you get so burned out on meat and poo poo you just stop eating and lose even more weight.

It's fun at first though too because you get sick of meat so quick you get back in the kitchen start cooking all kinds of fun poo poo. Cooking roasts with mashed cauliflower on the side, making pulled pork etc(At least for me it was fun rekindling a passion for cooking)

But even then you get sick of it and you go from Keto diet to ultra low calorie keto diet because you've stopped eating. Then you just drink yourself to sleep with Kraken spiced rum and Cherry Coke Zero.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

The Saurus posted:

alcohol makes a huge difference though, quit drinking and start using some other drug that doesn't contain calories instead. also only drink 0 calorie liquids
It was easier for me to just cut out the food and stick to hard liquor for my caloric needs.

rap music posted:

you can eat like a complete piece of poo poo and not be fat as long as you stop eating enough to feed three people
Or you can do what I do often and just not eat all day long until dinner. And then eat all three meals at once like a giant piece of poo poo but not gain weight because you're at a big calorie deficit for the day.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 16, 2016

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Keto is pretty good dude. After like week one you're not even hungry.
That's the nice thing about Keto. Ketosis just kills hunger, you can get by on a thousand calories a day or less and still feel satiated. I think your body just thinks you're starving to death and figures it'd be rude to constantly remind you.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Fat Shat Sings posted:

thats actually a terrible way to do it. Eating once daily typically makes your body think you are conservation mode so you hold on to more of what you eat. If you are managing to maintain a weight or lose weight while eating like this you would probably have way more success by eating in properly spaced intervals.

lol you're a dummy. What is my body living on during the day then before I eat? Mystical energy from dimension 9? No fool. I'm burning body fat into fatty acids and glycerol and using glycogen stores for energy during the day. Then I replenish them at night. I'm not magically using less calories when I walk up the stairs or beat my heart or maintain my tissues.

When I'm not in "conservation mode" does my body magically just decide to poo poo out my food undigested or something? To not "hold onto it".

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

LethalGeek posted:

That's right up there with the "don't eat before bed" in Not True. Don't eat too much food that's it, that's all it really really is. The rest is all about dealing with the stupid human brain tricking itself.

Carmant posted:

If you guys are going to make fun of fat people you should at least know something about nutrition, because everything u just said is complete bullshit

runupon cracker posted:

yes, eating one meal a day causes your body to ignore the laws of thermodynamics

eating one meal a day is dumb, but it has nothing to do with "conservation mode" which is almost* completely bullshit.

*your body can go into a starvation mode after prolonged significant calorie reduction, but it involves reducing unnecessary body movement (like fidgeting) and not "holding on" to calories

Oh look. Hello goons who understand physics.

"Starvation mode" has got to be what fats just call feeling sluggish. If you still do poo poo anyway and push through it you'll still burn same amount of calories. Because you know conservation of energy. The first loving law of thermodynamics.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rap music posted:

the only hard rule to weight loss is this: eat fewer calories than you expend

other than that just try and use some common sense and don't do poo poo like lose weight by exclusively guzzling bacon drippings

I think fats must think they go through photosynthesis to explain where those extra calories come from that physics demands is necessary to maintain their 400lbs bulk despite "swearing they only have 1800 calories a day".

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Germstore posted:

I had to look it up to confirm but fat cells store disproportionately little water compared to other cells. This makes intuitive sense.

Correct, oil and water don't mix. That's why when I order/give medications to fats that are not lipid soluble I use ideal body weight or adjusted body weight and give less per pound/kilo then I would a normal person, because a 600lbs fat doesn't have 4 times the body water of a 150lbs human for the drug to distribute into.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rap music posted:

yeah after 5 months of eating clean

dont do this every week, buttlards
When I'm doing hardcore Keto I give myself a cheat day once every two weeks. But you know it's a 3000 calorie cheat day with carbs and high ABV beer, not a 10,000 calorie cheat day.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

RGBRIOT posted:

I was under the impression that when you starve yourself you're basically shooting your metabolism to poo poo?

Not looking to cause gently caress fest about this, genuinely curious what the deal is. When I started eating regularly after that year of sub 1000 calories a day, I didn't gorge, I still worked out, maintained my basic lifestyle, so what accounted for the sudden ridiculous weight regain? 40lbs in 3 months seems rather high for an average diet and exercise regiment.

You were still eating too much for your body mass/build. What you should have done is kept getting on the scale and when you went up 5lbs, drastically cut down your intake until you were slowly losing again.

Maybe your basal metabolic rate may be a little lower than a skeletor person by a few hundred calories a day(I don't think people of the same size and gender differ too much more than that), you just need to figure out where yours lies and adjust to it.

I mean really you saw yourself gaining weight, the 40lbs in three months and chose not stop it. If your weight was going up you were simply having too many calories and you should have corrected for it.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 16, 2016

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

RGBRIOT posted:

I was under the impression that when you starve yourself you're basically shooting your metabolism to poo poo?

Not looking to cause gently caress fest about this, genuinely curious what the deal is. When I started eating regularly after that year of sub 1000 calories a day, I didn't gorge, I still worked out, maintained my basic lifestyle, so what accounted for the sudden ridiculous weight regain? 40lbs in 3 months seems rather high for an average diet and exercise regiment.

I feel you though brother, I like to eat junk and I honestly think my metabolism is a little shittier than some. But what I do about it is I weight myself once a week when I'm on the dry side(dehydrated from drinking) and if I see I've gone up 5ish pounds I just dial back my diet. The way I like to eat honestly is not sustainable for my size and activity level, I like to have too many calories a day, so when I am at a good weight I usually spend 3 weeks of a month eating "normally" then a week fasting and that's just the sacrifice I have to make. I mean I could exercise but gently caress that/

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You and your wife are loving idiots.

No poo poo why not just use ephedrine as an appetite suppressant like a normal 90's/2000's person.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rap music posted:

"starvation mode" is a real thing but only happens after about not eating for three or four days. otherwise there is only about 5-8% variation in the majority of humanity's resting metabolic rate.

if i was a betting man, i would say your weight gain was very simply the result of eating too much food, as is virtually always the case.

What is real starvation mode? I haven't researched that. Is it simply like you said where you get less fidgety?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

Isn't this the fast track towards getting gallstones the size of golf balls? Something similar happened to one of my old roommates.
I don't know I'm not a bile expert, while diet can contribute to gall stones I'm banking on it being mostly luck/genetics.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rap music posted:

there are several stages but initially your body will begin to burn stored fat along with a bit of muscle. after all of your body fat is consumed it will start to burn lean tissue.

That just sounds like normal metabolism

quote:

even so, "starvation mode" only resulted in an 180 kcal reduction to daily metabolic expenditure when studied in a lab
So even if it is real just don't eat that extra string cheese stick and you're golden.

Panfilo posted:

I heard some anecdotes that weight fluctuations can contribute. My mom used to crash diet a lot in her twenties and developed them.

Yeah I just did some research on Uptodate and crash diets are associated with them. More common in women. It has to do with you putting nothing in your bowel to trigger bile to eject, so it just sits there and concentrates. Makes sense. Kinda like when you hold a turd in and the water gets absorbed by your rectum and now you have a butt stone.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 16, 2016

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

The Saurus posted:

thanks for reminding me I haven't put you on ignore yet like I intended to several days ago for being

the shittiest poster in gbs

(now someone can say don't sign youre posts and there will be much mirth)

Ignore me too.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

LordArgh posted:

how are you not dead? for comparison, the typical daily ration for concentration camp prisoners during ww2 was around 1400 calories and that caused them to turn into skeleton people in a matter of months. granted they also had to endure hard labor and disease, but still

He had hundred of thousands of calories of body fat

Here's some medical science for you homie.

http://pmj.bmj.com/content/49/569/203.full.pdf+html

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
lol there's a five page thread about this this thread by some fat in QCS.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I had tacos and chips and quest last night. I'm ashamed.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Carmant posted:

People die at age 79 instead of age 81.. poo poo what are we gonna do

More like at 67 when they get a case of pneumonia and their body is too fat to handle it and they spend a month on a ventilator in an ICU before getting a hole cut in their neck and getting shipped to a long term care hospital where they inevitably cost the taxpayers $2,000,000 in futile care before they die of an infected bed sore.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

I think people bash fat people to feel better about being poors.

No not really, being a fat and being poor have a pretty good correlation.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Orkin Mang posted:

my showerhead laks gusto and im getting a bit on he fat side.hrhmmm

Forgo the shower, get fat, wash yourself with a rag on a stick.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ElGroucho posted:

That QCS thread is an amazing lard pot

I know I was looking to see if there was info on the DDOS poo poo and stumbled upon it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

It follows a funny pattern- gay bashers are often secretly gay themselves for example. It makes perfect sense many fat bashers in this thread have a generous helping of self loathing.

Well I used to be a fat, then I decided to stop eating so much, no I am not a fat. I now use a hatred of fats as motivation to keep me from returning to being a fat.

Wicker Man posted:

We all secretly wish to have the courage to give in to our natural urges to eat everything cheesy.
I only eat cheesy potatoes.

• Locked thread