Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I had pneumonia and would cough up thick black poo poo endlessly and pretty much wanted to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Fell out of a plane.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Apparently I nearly died of an acute lung infection when I was three. Then a year later I almost bled out in my sleep from some messed up blood vessel situation in my nose, giving my poor dad ptsd from going in to wake me the next morning and discovering me unresponsive on a mattress soaked through with blood. As an adult the worst was probably last year when I got the hep from unintentionally consuming some chinese farmer's poo poo. It took ages to diagnose and really hosed me up because I caught a bad flu at the same time and was already run down from stress.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

After being kept awake by pain for a whole weekend I projectile vomited all over the bathroom in the clinic, got hospitalised for a week and fed through intubation.

I don't recommend it.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Moon Atari posted:

Apparently I nearly died of an acute lung infection when I was three. Then a year later I almost bled out in my sleep from some messed up blood vessel situation in my nose, giving my poor dad ptsd from going in to wake me the next morning and discovering me unresponsive on a mattress soaked through with blood. As an adult the worst was probably last year when I got the hep from unintentionally consuming some chinese farmer's poo poo. It took ages to diagnose and really hosed me up because I caught a bad flu at the same time and was already run down from stress.

My dad walked into my room one morning to find me covered in blood. I was rushed the ER at the children's hospital where the deduced that it wasn't blood, it was puke that was dark red from the hot dog and fries with ketchup I'd had the night before. Turns out I had an asthma attack in my sleep and cough so hard I expelled the contents of my stomach!

Sickest I've ever been though was when I had H1N1 and strep throat at the same time. I had to spend two days in the hospital on IV fluids because I couldn't swallow anything and my hallucination inducing fever wouldn't go down. Also, it was August 2009, so just when the paranoia about H1N1 was ramping up and everyone had to wear masks if they came near me. When I first showed up sick at my GPs office, she talked to me for 20 seconds, turned around and left, then came back in wearing a gown, a mask, and one of those plastic face guard things.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

coughed up brown snot constantly for ~4 weeks

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gastritis was not fun, but that's how you learn drinking two bottles of tequila in the space of a couple of hours is a loving stupid endeavour.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
one time i 50/50 nose grinded a ten stair was pretty sick

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I was hospitalized and needed invasive surgery to take care of a very bad case of MRSA because the antibiotics they gave me were completely ineffective.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
When my friends started quoting my the singularity and becoming beings of infinite light. lol Omega point. Like it stops. I dunno if I'll ever be healthy around minds like these

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
invest in me or immortality I don't care as long as money mine

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I had swine flu and no insurance.
The first time I had Pho it made me have diarrhea the next day and I sharted myself at work. (Got to leave early, very bittersweet)

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I had swine flu with insurance and a diagnosis and my professor still failed me out of a test for being absent, even with documentation and an honest intent not to give everyone my sickness. See, I was healthy here in a moral sense at least. Bet you feel petty next to my magnificence

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I had swine flu and no insurance.
The first time I had Pho it made me have diarrhea the next day and I sharted myself at work. (Got to leave early, very bittersweet)

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I have near crippling arthritis in my left leg joints, I'm 32 years old.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
One time I ate a lot of sugar free candy, don't do this.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Munnin The Crab posted:

This is the best way to quickly lose that pesky water weight.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I poo poo myself and then after seeing the poo poo I puked all over myself then slipped on my puke and hurt my tailbone which made me poo poo even more and then I even pissed a little bit too while puking and making GBS threads and then my nipples started lactating and I got really horny so I started rubbing poo poo and vomit all over my dick and then came and peed all over myself and puked and poo poo and vomit and puss and piss and jizz and oval office.

I'm just your average sick goon.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Tonsured posted:

I had swine flu with insurance and a diagnosis and my professor still failed me out of a test for being absent, even with documentation and an honest intent not to give everyone my sickness. See, I was healthy here in a moral sense at least. Bet you feel petty next to my magnificence

Because of the college, or the insurance? Either way; yes! :/

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
i pooped my pants

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The guy at the ER joked that they were going to run out of vomit basins for me.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I had viral pneumonia ten years ago.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ultrabindu posted:

I have near crippling arthritis in my left leg joints, I'm 32 years old.

which joints and how did that happen?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

The guy at the ER joked that they were going to run out of vomit basins for me.

haha that's Jerry for ya, what a card

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
orange pee and green jizz

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
as a young boy i had a fever of 105 and hallucinated/day dreamed the whole time, then at about 4 am an earthquake hit the hotel we were staying in, the name of that earthquake was northridge, and i never went back to california again

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

I once had period cramps so bad that I spent the entire day vomiting in bed, and when the pain abruptly stopped for a couple of seconds, I was pretty sure I had died

Same but every single month

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

My rear end and face traded places on the toilet, sometimes without flushing, for three straight days after food poisoning.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Munnin The Crab posted:

Yeah don't do that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMjgaa5j_LE

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

You have an unfair advantage sir

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

El Golden Goose posted:

I registered for a somethingawful forums account.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Yesterday i had some seemingly harmless fried rice but ive been making GBS threads liquid every hour since 2am; its not the sickest ive been but thought u would like to know op!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
making GBS threads and vomiting with some flu thing or food poisoning one night
The toilet was close enough to the shower I just leaned over and vomited into it

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
long story short, I bit several nurses and at least one paramedic and had to be strapped down in the bed for crazy people for an evening

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Horrible sinus infection and then somehow got an eye infection at the same time that like pasted my eyes shut after I slept

hosed up for a while

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I found out my body doesn't respond well to oxycodone after spending a day and a half unable to stand up on my own and vomiting blood.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Any time I get sick I just erupt with vomit and diarrhea. I'll just be sitting at my desk, sneeze, and suddenly a torrent of vomit and diarrhea spray out of my pores.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Shits that set off the smoke detector.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Accidentally mixing hydrocodone with benadryl ... On top of the fact I was actually sick

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bacterial infection in my brain that caused me to miss 3 months of first grade because I'd puke up about 3/4 of my meals and could barely stand up, let alone walk and I was basically a skeleton by the time I finally got rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lol at the empty toilet roll when he pukes, got nothing to wipe with when he shits his guts out

• Locked thread