Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The flag turned out well but I don't like the hemming. Tempted to order another without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

They Grow Up So Quickly

Doc and Addy try to convince Lucy's family to follow them; Murphy tests 10K's allegiance.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Just saw D.C. Douglas in the guest spot

Oh that's right he's Lucy's new dad:aaa:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
^^^
It seems they always had him playing Pa Kettle actually!

Selena and Murphy's fantasy romance is total madness and fun.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
...and then the man came around.

Also Murphy's face looks like a map but I don't know of what.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
GNOME KILL

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Achievement Unlocked - Gnome Chompsky.

Props for being the show with enough courage to taze children :dukedog:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I didn't catch more of 10K's note but you could read it with the bleed through. Top line was definitely "Find Warren".

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

The crowns. The pie. The cigarette. The list. The whole Pulp Fiction jive going on. Oh my god yes.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

JossiRossi posted:

I didn't catch more of 10K's note but you could read it with the bleed through. Top line was definitely "Find Warren".

FIND WARREN

BRING HER
TO ME

IF SHE {unreadable}
KILL {unreadable}

If she resists, kill her?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Caedus posted:

The crowns. The pie. The cigarette. The list. The whole Pulp Fiction jive going on. Oh my god yes.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Holy poo poo. Doc hotshot that guy.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mortanis posted:

FIND WARREN

BRING HER
TO ME

IF SHE {unreadable}
KILL {unreadable}

If she resists, kill her?

I thought so too but I think other people are suggesting that it's 'if she resists, kill yourself' which is infinitely more Murphy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wormil posted:

The flag turned out well but I don't like the hemming. Tempted to order another without it.

The hemming may be necessary, depending on what kind of fabric they are using. Maybe try to trim the excess margins a bit?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

steinrokkan posted:

The hemming may be necessary, depending on what kind of fabric they are using. Maybe try to trim the excess margins a bit?

It's polyester. There shouldn't have been excess. Also this is a different material than the last time I ordered "polyester". Last time it was a soft material that had to be hemmed because it would fray, this stuff feels coated.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I'm really worried about Doc. Lots of Doc heavy episodes this season, and I'd hate if that note turns out to say "IF SHE RESISTS, KILL DOC." like it'd be some kind of message about holy poo poo 10k killed doc, this is serious.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
That would be hosed

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Doc's Angels

Doc tries to find a way to communicate with Warren, but instead encounters something much more menacing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I went through the end frame by frame and you can see everything except who he's supposed to kill. It's completely obscured the entire time, there's nothing to work with.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
"Just walk away now before you end up pickled in a jar...then again it is the apocalypse."

Doc is the chillest everyman.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Doc held out on on the sexy creepy women for an impressive 1.5 seconds.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
:stare: It's dark, weird, and comedic all mixed in a blender and it's working.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Doc in that robe riding the bicycle is a thing of beauty.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Doc is the best

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This episode had more creative energy put into it than all seasons of TWD put together.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

steinrokkan posted:

This episode had more creative energy put into it than all seasons of TWD put together.

I'm not a big fan of TWD, but its not nearly as bad as this thread forum makes it.

Both shows have their ups and down. They're very different and I think both are enjoyable to watch. Although Z Nation is definitely more entertaining and fun.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Dalael posted:

I'm not a big fan of TWD, but its not nearly as bad as this thread forum makes it.

Both shows have their ups and down. They're very different and I think both are enjoyable to watch. Although Z Nation is definitely more entertaining and fun.

Z Nation is way more fun, and as silly as it sounds, I feel like the world in Z Nation is more realistic. At least concerning post apocalyptic settlements and humanity's overall attitude towards the situation. Especially early on, before the nukes fell. But it's the Zpocalypse, so I'm just rolling with it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Sammus posted:

Z Nation is way more fun, and as silly as it sounds, I feel like the world in Z Nation is more realistic. At least concerning post apocalyptic settlements and humanity's overall attitude towards the situation. Especially early on, before the nukes fell. But it's the Zpocalypse, so I'm just rolling with it.

Personally, i think neither one is very realistic. At least, I hope they're not.
What bugs me about TWD is that everyone care more about killing humans than Zombies.
What bugs me about Z Nation is wherever our "heroes" go, a settlement will be destroyed.
Hell, I'm surprised those 3 crazy chicks didn't die at the end of last episode.

Either way, I enjoy both. But in all honesty, if I could only watch one show... it would be Z Nation cuz its so fun.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

What bugs me about Z Nation is wherever our "heroes" go, a settlement will be destroyed.
Hell, I'm surprised those 3 crazy chicks didn't die at the end of last episode.
Really? I always thought that what set Z Nation apart was that as often as not, the people they encountered had their own lives, survived and went about their business. When they didn't it was because their respective settlements were fundamentally unsustainable and couldn't survive any disruption. In TWD, anyone they encounter is a cardboard cutout designed to highlight how much we're supposed to love Rick Grimes.

I mean, just the fact of Sketchy and Skeezy as recurring characters speaks to a more expansive world of which our heroes are just a part. The entire 7 seasons of TWD appear to take place on a mile stretch of Georgia back roads.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Slamhound posted:

Really? I always thought that what set Z Nation apart was that as often as not, the people they encountered had their own lives, survived and went about their business. When they didn't it was because their respective settlements were fundamentally unsustainable and couldn't survive any disruption. In TWD, anyone they encounter is a cardboard cutout designed to highlight how much we're supposed to love Rick Grimes.

I mean, just the fact of Sketchy and Skeezy as recurring characters speaks to a more expansive world of which our heroes are just a part. The entire 7 seasons of TWD appear to take place on a mile stretch of Georgia back roads.

I know what you mean about the back road comment. TWD always felt like, no matter how much they traveled, they're pretty much right beside where Rick started.

Regarding Z Nation, if you re-watch it, you'll notice that no settlement or group of people ever survive the group. Except for those Native Americans and those 3 crazy girls. Everything else always just die when our heros shows up. To be fair though, its never really their fault. Things just happen around them.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

Regarding Z Nation, if you re-watch it, you'll notice that no settlement or group of people ever survive the group. Except for those Native Americans and those 3 crazy girls. Everything else always just die when our heros shows up. To be fair though, its never really their fault. Things just happen around them.
The group from the Election episode survived, the settlement where Sketchy and 10k are sentenced to hanging also survive, the corporate retreat goes to hell, but there are some surveyors who make it out.

I think you'll find that Z Nation has a far higher rate of non-cast members surviving.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Slamhound posted:

The group from the Election episode survived, the settlement where Sketchy and 10k are sentenced to hanging also survive, the corporate retreat goes to hell, but there are some surveyors who make it out.

I think you'll find that Z Nation has a far higher rate of non-cast members surviving.

The show ended, the group from the election were fighting for their lives against Z's and another group of guys. We didnt' see them get completely destroyed, but they were not in good shape.
My point is not that "no one" survives, but rather most settlements or groups do not. Individuals may survive, but the group as a whole usually doesn't.

I mean I can always watch it again to see if I'm wrong (probably will at one point, the show is great).

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

The show ended, the group from the election were fighting for their lives against Z's and another group of guys. We didnt' see them get completely destroyed, but they were not in good shape.
My point is not that "no one" survives, but rather most settlements or groups do not. Individuals may survive, but the group as a whole usually doesn't.

I mean I can always watch it again to see if I'm wrong (probably will at one point, the show is great).
Okay, but in contrast, what's the survival rate in TWD for those people/settlements who have encountered the main cast? Is it really better than Z Nation?

I guess my bigger point is that in Z Nation, there's shown to be existence outside of the main narrative/cast which adds an enormous amount of of texture to the world.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Slamhound posted:

Okay, but in contrast, what's the survival rate in TWD for those people/settlements who have encountered the main cast? Is it really better than Z Nation?

I guess my bigger point is that in Z Nation, there's shown to be existence outside of the main narrative/cast which adds an enormous amount of of texture to the world.

I honestly can't argue this point and therefore admit defeat.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

So this ep referenced, Witches of Eastwick, Texas Chainsaw Massacre,... Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (bicycle ride)?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

I honestly can't argue this point and therefore admit defeat.

I…I won…an internet...argument…

:aaaaa:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Slamhound posted:

I…I won…an internet...argument…

:aaaaa:

Cherish this moment. It may never happen again.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Renewed for a fourth season!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Niiiiice!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Good news!

• Locked thread