Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bou
Aug 3, 2006

Holy poo poo is this the Albino grom Banshee? Holy poo poo he's great. Back to watching...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

during the very last scene i could here Murphy in my head going "and that's why they call him The Man".

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Skeezy and Sketchy might be my favourite side-characters ever and the Addy and Doc roadtrip was fun as hell. Great episode!

Caedus posted:

I got the Wall thing, obviously, but is there some metaphor for Giant Holes that I missed? I felt like I should have gotten a joke there.

It might be a stretch, but it could be a nod to World War Z (from Wikipedia):

In South Africa, the government adopts a contingency plan drafted by apartheid-era intelligence consultant Paul Redeker. It calls for the establishment of small sanctuaries, leaving large groups of survivors abandoned in special zones in order to distract the undead and allowing those within the main safe zone time to regroup and recuperate.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

It's quite a feat to make this show any cooler. But it can be done - by adding Henry motherfuckin' Rollins :swoon:

https://twitter.com/znation/status/889274024349417473

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I laughed hard at Murphys "Yeah, we've been to several of those utopian civilized settlements - and we left as they were burning". Essentially summarizing the last couple seasons of TWD.

Also RIP Henry. At least you had an epically sfx'ed death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

QwertySanchez posted:

Who thinks he shoulda kept the giant hermit beard?

I hear you! That big beard and swinging two hammers was glorious!

All the episodes to date felt like setup. I hope that it switches into gear now that the roadtrip started. I may be wrong, but did they introduce about 3 or 4 storylines this season instead of a clear direction at the start of the previous ones? Maybe this is why it seems so slow?

Either way - will definitely keep watching til the end.

• Locked thread