Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

this show is High Art and i'm happy it's back

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Error 404 posted:

And Murphy is taking advantage of them, which is perfectly a Murphy thing to do. But Im still in the Murphy Bad camp. But maybe now Warren is also going bad. :iiam:

That seemed to be what they were getting at, during the battle they made it just ugly and awful for everyone on both sides- instead of good guys vs bad the show took the totally unexpected route of humanizing both the hybrids and the red hand.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

They tried to lure them out of a quarry where they were well contained, through a natural chokepoint that they did not utilize, to turn them lose in the woods. Then botched this really bad plan.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Holy poo poo the enders' costumes were great, between license plate guy, toilet bowl head and rat man. I wasn't feeling this season all the way till episode 4, but this was one solid hour of humor and suspense.

10K popping into the intervention to say he had no problem with Warren was great and put a fine point on why I love this show- the writers never unify the whole cast in a feeling or action just for the sake of expediently progressing the plot, they're always unique individuals interacting. If they want unity they actually work to get the characters on the same page.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

It was a little painful to watch all the ICP references, esp. all that about Faygo, but no worse than the episode with the horrible screeching noise over and over again. Just like at least 50% of you I do worry about where Sarge's nipples have gotten off to though.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

There's definitely something to that; at this point I'd really like to feel like the main characters are in true danger again. I think the last time I cared about a death on the show was when Addy lost Mack. In those days peoples' deaths were meaningless, because dying in the apocalypse is just a matter of poo poo luck. Main character deaths at this point, even if they happen, are pretty much guaranteed to be all meaningful and full of lame-rear end sacrifice (e.g. Lucy).

That said this show is still 5000% better than TWD right now, special effects effort included.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

I have never in my life seen in film, nor read or imagined, apocalypse survivors enduring a blinding radioactive foam storm spawned by extinction-level numbers of corpses offgassing along one of the great lakes. This poo poo could be filmed in someone's dad's basement and it would be worthy of respect for that at least.

Also, budget is still producing superior results compared to this season of TWD.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

First or second season, Skeezy was impersonating Murphy and bit some hicks for money I think? It was the episode where they had a town powered by zombie-driven turbines. Anyway one of those guys was a guy that Skeezy had bitten, and the other may have been in it too.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Haha FGOTUS

I'm just watching it now and that gender fakeout, the bloody nixon picture, the cryptozoology room, Johnson & Johnson... this thread's doom and gloom tone this season had me worried, so I'm pretty relieved they're renewed because ep. 12 has me laughing out loud regularly. This poo poo show is awesome and I don't care if I get resolution on whatever happened at the end of the last season, they can do whatever they want as long as they keep showing creative attempt and a sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Transcribing since I'm taking the time to pause it and read it:

the Black Rainbow Video posted:

Unauthorized viewing of this copyrighted work is illegal and will be investigated by federal law enforcement agencies using any and all enhanced interrogation techniques including but limited to [sic] waterboarding, nudity, abdominal slap, facial squeezing, more nudity, dietary manipulation, attention grasp, cramped confinement, insult slap, tubthumping, extreme nudity, country line dancing, walling and water dousing. Unapproved viewing of the following classified material is punishable by prison, death or dismemberment at the discretion of the Commander-In-Chief

• Locked thread