Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I am so glad this is back. 5K and the crows... man it got real dusty in here for a moment.

Ep 2 affirmed everything that is good and right in the Nation of Z, and Murphy's sly "You've stopped counting" scene was :perfect: . They even managed to subvert the hostage reversal trope and do it in the funniest way possible. Doc tugging on the dude's knife was great.

The way this show has improved, and the way the actors interact with fans on twitter feels almost like a personal thank you to those of us who sat through the first three episodes, scratched our heads then gave it one more shot anyway. Then wouldn't shut up about it on forums and facebook and twitter. Seriously it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

Ahahah they're really in Spokane :allears:

I feel like they did this so they can stop dressing up Spokane as Not Spokane (or thereabouts) so often. Honestly that's writing I really appreciate.

Standout moments were "you'd have to be an idiot to get killed by them" and Hector gently placing the stamp in the caved in skull.. :allears:.

Also I love Murphy making sure his new HQ was dramatic enough. I can't wait to see it all decked out in future episodes.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

I knew from Bill Clinton's Actual Limo and "Breakfast is the most important drink of the day" this was gonna be good one. Not disappointed.

I got the Wall thing, obviously, but is there some metaphor for Giant Holes that I missed? I felt like I should have gotten a joke there.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

The crowns. The pie. The cigarette. The list. The whole Pulp Fiction jive going on. Oh my god yes.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Henry Rollins as the sensitive military guy has made this season for me already. I saw his Hot Ones interview when it was uploaded and realized I needed an HR fix, but I missed the tweet where they announced him as part of this season. I'm quite happy.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

yeah I guess Warren's a juggalo now? This is weird, and not in the good Z-Nation way weird. What was the point of this episode?

they're losing me here.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Can i skip this episode, i hate clowns and ICP.

absolutely.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Bob and Doug McZombie. Z-Nation redeemed.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

Remy Marathe posted:

That said this show is still 5000% better than TWD right now, special effects effort included.

See I EXPECT digital gunshots and bloodsplatter with ZN. When I see people in WD pointing airsoft guns and showering each other with digital sparks, no recoil or brass being thrown, I am not impressed. Maybe invest less in a CGI tiger and more in blanks and squibs. ZN never had the budget for that, but to see WD go from movie-quality effects to.. well.. Z Nation level effects, I can't help but cringe.

ZN talk though - how do they know which Z's are Mad Z's before they actually shoot them in the head? Also why was the entire Team Canada roster right at the border and not sitting in the most secure bunker we have? That's like, the first thing we'd have taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

This episode really felt like a return to form for me. I'm not entirely sure what it was - the flashbacks to the Zpocolypse going down, or maybe Citizen Z returning finally? The Canada episode was good (ok maybe I'm a bit biased) but this was hands-down my favorite ep of the season.

• Locked thread