Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm glad the stupid town of idiots all died and The Man lives on. I'm sure Murphy is atop his new list.

That ended up being the one bit of tension for me, we know all the main characters are gonna live because this happened in the past, and I figured the entire town would get wiped out too, but I was on the edge of my seat, hoping The Man would survive... God bless his patriotic sandals.

Gotta think if our heroes hadn't got involved, maybe the town would have survived, all that red cloth and pointing at corrugated sheets of metal in slow motion wasn't a match for the man. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I kinda thought she just meant it in a messianic Jesus loves you kind of way, but with Murphy. it seemed a bit odd otherwise to me because why would he talk to some random minion about that stuff, or even about Warren in general to her. But it works either way, I guess. we'll see!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
If I need some sniping doing, I now know to look for someone in handcuffs and also with only one eye, which is the wrong one to look through the sights of the rifle properly.

What I'm saying is I'm not a fan of Mary Sue Plisken, but then I haven't really liked Abby all that much since around the time they had that dream episode..

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Gotta agree, this whole profecy thing is just annoying. it just keeps showing the same bit over and over. she grabs someone, she sees them burning in front of that.. whatever it is. (we know what it is) If it revealed something new each time, it'd be new each time!.. and I miss Murphy being a big blue zombie halfsy.. seems like they wanna make Roberta the new semi zombie..thing. I was happy not to see Addy for the entirety of this episode though.

Honestly if one good thing came out of TWD it taught me about the sunk cost fallacy and it's fine to just say gently caress it and stop watching a show if it doesn't grab you anymore..even if it has zombies. By now in the other seasons we'd had the cheese wheel or the liberty bell, this season we got... noises in trees. I'm giving it the next episode to see if it goes anywhere now the gangs all back together (well except Addy but I literally haven't given a poo poo about her since I don't remember when), then I'm checking out. Will stay subbed to the thread though for all the Doc chat.

Who thinks he shoulda kept the giant hermit beard?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Oh, yeah, I don't like Lucy either, I dunno how they survived jumping off the cliff, but I wish they hadn't, that was like TWD dumb.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Pretty good episode, the finger part was funny even if the effects were awful. I loved how ridiculous the whole thing with Dr Caligari was.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It is getting annoying, especially since every time we see the flashback it isn't giving us any new information.

There's a big.. rainbow shaped thing, it melts your skin off and you die. it's in the east. LETS HEAD EAST. instead of going in the opposite direction as fast as possible.

Put yourself in her shoes. You were unconscious in Zona for 2 years and they clearly did some weird stuff to you while you were unconscious. You're compelled to go east. Where you know bad science poo poo is going to go down. You get to a strange lab, no doubt full of bad science poo poo. Somehow you know how to get into this shady lab, to the degree that you know the security codes and can find a very specific piece of hidden science poo poo, the alignment of which is unknown...

Nope, don't see any problem here, lets pick up this cannister and keep going east. I clearly haven't been programmed to start off this rainbow of death poo poo myself.

That said I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the writers have arbitrarily decided someone in Zona was working AGAINST the big reset and whatever she's been programmed to do there is gonna stop it. Because some how this person working against the big reset has managed to undermine it for 2 years without being noticed.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
And just like that, I gave my final poo poo.

Since when did Roberta know so much about ICP? I wanna say it was something randomly mentioned in an earlier episode, but I can't find it and even if it were the case the episode still sucked.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I wouldn't recommend it. In the grand scale of things, it goes nowhere, and even in relation to the story on a weekly basis it makes half the characters decide to do poo poo that's out of character just for the sake of giving them a reality check to make them in character again.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I only know that ICP are a thing (thanks to the mocking articles and threads of this site), I know nothing about them. And for me, I felt like I was Milhouse watching the episode of itchy and scratchy with Poochy. With the ICP jackoffs playing the role of Poochy.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Looking forward to the cult of elvis impersonators, ooh, or mall santas!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Finally! The return of the two best characters (after Doc). I might have to watch this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
All the barf and bacon zombie totally gave me an Ash vs The Evil Dead vibe.

• Locked thread