Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Murphy: We'll split up. What's the worst that could happen?

Title: Murphy Turns Cass Into a Zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Season 1: Liberty Bell takes out zombies.
Season 2: Cheese Wheel takes out zombies.
Season 3: Giant ball of zombies eating zombies takes out zombies.

That was a grisly improvement on what threatened to just be a running gag.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
To Z or not to Z.

I absolutely love the dedication to lovely puns.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
They'll probably show up again with Sketchy the Arms Dealer.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn, that was a good episode.

It's pretty incredible the way this show can pull of tonal shifts like last week and this week while still being firmly consistent.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

What bugs me about Z Nation is wherever our "heroes" go, a settlement will be destroyed.
Hell, I'm surprised those 3 crazy chicks didn't die at the end of last episode.
Really? I always thought that what set Z Nation apart was that as often as not, the people they encountered had their own lives, survived and went about their business. When they didn't it was because their respective settlements were fundamentally unsustainable and couldn't survive any disruption. In TWD, anyone they encounter is a cardboard cutout designed to highlight how much we're supposed to love Rick Grimes.

I mean, just the fact of Sketchy and Skeezy as recurring characters speaks to a more expansive world of which our heroes are just a part. The entire 7 seasons of TWD appear to take place on a mile stretch of Georgia back roads.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

Regarding Z Nation, if you re-watch it, you'll notice that no settlement or group of people ever survive the group. Except for those Native Americans and those 3 crazy girls. Everything else always just die when our heros shows up. To be fair though, its never really their fault. Things just happen around them.
The group from the Election episode survived, the settlement where Sketchy and 10k are sentenced to hanging also survive, the corporate retreat goes to hell, but there are some surveyors who make it out.

I think you'll find that Z Nation has a far higher rate of non-cast members surviving.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

The show ended, the group from the election were fighting for their lives against Z's and another group of guys. We didnt' see them get completely destroyed, but they were not in good shape.
My point is not that "no one" survives, but rather most settlements or groups do not. Individuals may survive, but the group as a whole usually doesn't.

I mean I can always watch it again to see if I'm wrong (probably will at one point, the show is great).
Okay, but in contrast, what's the survival rate in TWD for those people/settlements who have encountered the main cast? Is it really better than Z Nation?

I guess my bigger point is that in Z Nation, there's shown to be existence outside of the main narrative/cast which adds an enormous amount of of texture to the world.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dalael posted:

I honestly can't argue this point and therefore admit defeat.

I…I won…an internet...argument…

:aaaaa:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Renewed for a fourth season!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

Is Murphy intentionally trying to look like Donald Sutherland in the Hunger Games movies?

Erghh posted:

/\ Maybe, there are worse precedents.

I was getting a Comstock/Bioshock vibe.

Wardrobe had one design note for Murphy in season 3:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Evidently, the little girl in the car at the end is Cassandra's niece.

https://twitter.com/pisaypao/status/807683735990640641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

wormil posted:

Is it? I thought they said it was on an island. Driving a submarine from Arizona must have been a bitch.
While that would be par for course for this show, I assume the joke was AriZona.

"Zone A" also implies a primacy; the Zombie outbreak was a planned extinction event where the foremost safe place is Zone A.

• Locked thread