Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Man I love this show so much. Thanks for listening *click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This show is so, so good, I lost my poo poo at the end and I didn't even care about the doctor.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love this show.

The eskimo family cracks me up.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wormil posted:

Great episode other than not inoculating The Man again.

The Man gained my respect this episode, holy poo poo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love this show but a lot of things felt so forced. Prez Trump and his fake hairpiece, The Wall, Lannister, etc.

I still liked it, but it felt over the top even for Z Nation.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Did I miss what happened to Hector? Last I remember he died but "woke" up with weird yellow zombie eyes or something. Did someone headshot him and I missed it?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

etalian posted:

Doc is chill and has the best T-Shirts

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

Unfortunately I binged through them all so the cliffhanger in S1 wasn't something I even noticed.

I hope we find out more about the zombies though in S4. Up until the scene where she learns how to drive a car from the zombie I was thinking that her giving zombies names and telling Addy their thoughts etc were just her imagination. Just her making up stories and giving them to her toys you know? But if it really turns out that the zombies actually do have thoughts, can communicate, have feelings, feel pain, etc, then that really does change a lot of things. Like Lucy says "they just don't know any better but they're not bad people."

That's giving me a real I Am Legend vibe (the book, not the movie). Just in case the book/movie is a spoiler: in I Am Legend humanity is driven to extinction from a virus/disease and is turned into these vampire beast things. The main character is of course immune to it and is one of the only humans alive at this point. He's also a scientist so he's been working on a cure: capturing vampires, conducting tests on them, killing them, dissecting them, etc. In the end he/we find out that these vampire beasts aren't dumb monsters but are actually in control and have formed a society with what they have left. The "Legend" part of the title refers to the the stories that the vampires tell their children when they go to sleep about myths and such. We tell our children about the Boogeyman coming in the night and snatching bad kids away—they tell theirs about this human snatching away innocent children and experimenting and killing them.

When Roberta saw the kid in the throne room and just sat I was getting a vibe like she was realizing the extent of what Murphy was trying to do and what she was trying to ruin.

Oh well back to the lovely walking dead.

One of the big points of the show is Murphy hearing the thoughts of the zombies and freaking out when the team kills them, it's well established.

e: I was barely awake when I posted that earlier and it seems kinda hostile, none meant. Goon love to all.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 16, 2017

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Error 404 posted:

"We were never anywhere near the Grand Canyon."

Had to google to see what you meant, and yeah that's the episode I was specifically thinking about.
I found this while googling, doesn't show the Murphy reaction but drat I love the song they used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ab-CCr9Ap4

Here's a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr88fnH6F4M

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sammus posted:

Im totally going to find a way to troll the TWD thread with this. How long until that show has the main cast luring zombie hordes to their death?

I think they tried to do it with a coal mine or something? I forget but it was really stupid and took like the whole season to kill maybe 50 zombies.

Again, just another thing Z-Nation did better.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bruteman posted:

Hi. After seeing this show mentioned ad nauseum in the TWD threads, I decided to give it a go.

Just finished watching S1 of this on Netflix and just came in to say :stare: that last episode jesus christ

For something with both "SyFy" and "The Asylum" in its credits, this show has no business being this good.

Onwards!

Welcome to the club!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

etalian posted:

Maybe the biggest difference is it's actually fun instead of being grim dark and the cast seems to enjoy being in the show/around each other.

Yep, pretty much. It's not perfect but it's fun and the crew having a blast just makes it even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZzpAqRltI

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so glad this show's back :swoon:

Same!!

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 7, 2017

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I wanna see The Man again. Unless he really is the leader and when he told Warren he's seen her before it was literal and he hosed himself up somehow to look that way. But the leader doesn't seem like the man's personality so idk

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Caedus posted:

This episode really felt like a return to form for me. I'm not entirely sure what it was - the flashbacks to the Zpocolypse going down, or maybe Citizen Z returning finally? The Canada episode was good (ok maybe I'm a bit biased) but this was hands-down my favorite ep of the season.

I came here to say this same thing. I really liked this episode and it's so good to see Citizen Z again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wormil posted:

Yeah, none of it made sense. It's even dumber that none of them considered that Warren was a manchurian candidate. Zona wants the reset, Warren is sent by Zona, duh. I'm into some jokey zombie tv like previous seasons but let the antics be the joke, not the plot.

I still don't even understand the scientist. We see him use the reset poo poo to melt a hand in like episode 1, so he's in with the reset. Then he's there at the drone and put the things in. Why even need Warren? They had two different pairs of canisters, so that, but I just.. don't understand..

• Locked thread