Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Mortanis posted:

I can't get enough of the concept that THE ASYLUM of all things has created a zombie show that is in all ways superior to what is I'm pretty sure still the number one rated show on television. For a bit TWD was the top rated, anyway. Not sure if that still held.

Almost makes me want to watch some of their movies.

Almost.

If you ever get to the point that you want to watch their movies, just don't. This is one of those rare instances of someone who normally fucks up every single thing doing something just right.

I think it's because they're not on a deadline like with the movies. Toss in no expectations of actual quality and a willingness to go crazy, and somehow it just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Stairs posted:

I'm not really sure where you're getting that they kill off main characters pretty often? So far there have only been 2 major deaths and 2 ancillaries killed off.
Now heaven help you if you're a guest star...

I think the guest stars know what they're in for, but they all seem to fit in with the main cast. They all seem to realize it's just a cheesy rear end zombie show and they roll with it.

The best part for me though is that it shows the passage of time. They get new guns, different cars, change clothes, and reference adventures that happened off screen. Makes the whole thing seem lived in.

• Locked thread