Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hawaiian pizza is good, though?

My personal hell is a hundred cheese pizzas, or anchovy pizzas. Not sure which one is worse.

You don't like bread with cheese? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arist posted:

How can you not like cheese pizza

Maybe he grew up on this?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pizzagate.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

blue squares posted:

what the gently caress

In retrospect Brexit made a lot of sense.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

blue squares posted:

I was just being silly

Too late, bad place for you. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That wouldn't be very ethical now would it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha jesus, I'm starting to realize just how well-tailored season 1 is for a re-watch.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Michael also tells Chidi he was closest to getting in "up there," and at that point he had no reason to lie, as he was gonna erase their memories anyway.

Well Chidi is the least bad of them, he did hurt other people but mostly his fault is that he never bettered himself. If we put it within the context of sins his sin was sloth. In comparison, Jason and Eleanor were both intentionally being slothful and additionally they were also greedy. Worst of the bunch is of course Tahani who based her entire adult life around the envy of her sister and reinforcing her vain pride.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Most religions and interpretations of hell position flaws of character like Tahani's as worse than direct acts like theft and deception, I wasn't trying to make a moral judgment here. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Tahani might have been shallow and passive aggressive. But she she raised billions for charity.

Did we watch the same final episode? This was literally addressed in the reveal.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Didn't matter. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hawkgirl posted:

So, soulmates. Do you think the real Good Place has them? I don't remember them being mentioned in the Medium Place video. They seem like such a disaster, it seems much more likely that they were part of Michael's evil plan to torture everyone.

Just another step to make everyone miserable, because surely if there is someone that perfect for them any feelings they have for anyone else must be wrong. For Chidi this played on his indecisiveness when Fake Real Eleanor appeared. Furthermore, Tahani was already depressed about it by episode 3 back when Jason was still doing his silent act. Both of them were miserable because reality didn't match with what Michael had told them to expect.

Michael is such an rear end in a top hat. :allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Furthermore. everyone else has a way more fitting soulmate. "There are hundreds of people in this town. And all of them are so happy. Why am I the only exception?" Playing on self doubt is so viciously evil.

Really I don't get how a show this good could come out of literally nowhere.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

I guess you haven't been paying attention to Mike Schur's career?

Who? :suicide:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Turns out the only other thing I've seen before that he has co-produced is Brooklyn

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

inthesto posted:

But do yourself a favor and skip the first season

Actually I tried the show a year ago and dropped it 3 episodes into season 1 so I might just do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Did you watch it in your budhole? This show is great in your budhole.

Turns out the Bad Place was inside your budhole all along.

• Locked thread