Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
code:
Episode |  Air  | Uncut

1         22:50 / 26:25
2         21:29 / NA
3         21:35 / 25:04
4         21:31 / 22:43
5         21:32 / 26:29
6         21:30 / 26:32
7         21:30 / 24:25
8         21:28 / 25:25
9         21:31 / 25:04
10        21:31 / 23:58
11        21:28 / 26:43
12        21:30 / NA
13        23:50 / 27:05
12/13     45:20 / NA
Each air show has the credits run over the last seconds of the program, whereas the uncut episodes have the credits after the show has concluded. Each credit roll accounts for roughly 45 seconds of extra time (not including the production tags.)

Besides 2, 4, and 12, the episodes have 2-4 minutes of extra footage each. I'm looking forward to watching them soon.

pwn fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just because there is a Good Place and a Bad Place doesn't mean that they're not both run by the same company. Remember, a lot of human assumptions about the afterlife are wrong, according to that one stoner.
...who was a prop created by Michael.

pwn
May 27, 2004

First, updated and presumably completed list

pwn posted:

code:
Episode |  Air  | Uncut

1         22:50 / 26:25
2         21:29 / NA
3         21:35 / 25:04
4         21:31 / 22:43
5         21:32 / 26:29
6         21:30 / 26:32
7         21:30 / 24:25
8         21:28 / 25:25
9         21:31 / 25:04
10        21:31 / 23:58
11        21:28 / 26:43
12        21:30 / NA
13        22:00 / 27:05
12/13     45:20 / NA
Each air show has the credits run over the last seconds of the program, whereas the uncut episodes have the credits after the show has concluded. Each credit roll accounts for roughly 45 seconds of extra time (not including the production tags.)

Besides 2, 4, and 12, the episodes have 2-4 minutes of extra footage each. I'm looking forward to watching them soon.
Second, when comparing the versions of the last two episodes to their broadcast version, I noticed that the end of Chapter 12 was slightly different from the broadcast. Mainly for pacing, but in the process, the last line between Michael and Shawn was cut. I decided to make this video in the interest of curiosity for other fans and possible access to this slightly different version, should one or the other not make the cut in an eventual DVD or Blu-Ray release.

I've made the assumption that the Chapters, as separate episodes, are likely to be chosen for the home video release, an assumption made evident by my labeling of the standalone E12 as "DVD." Of course I have no way of knowing what will happen in the future, so this is more for ease of distinguishing the two cuts from one another than anything else.

https://vimeo.com/200803220

I haven't compared - and don't intend to - the rest of the episode, but based on a glance at the TRT there doesn't appear to be any other changes. Just the ending.

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 25, 2017

pwn
May 27, 2004

Trivial matter: The font used on the show, Brandon Grotesque Office Bold, is made for office use.

I find it amusing that an apparently office-oriented font is used for this show, which has come to be revealed as a show about office bureaucracy as much as the afterlife.

pwn
May 27, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Does anyone have a high resolution version of the mutual torture relationship graph? Such an MTRG is really handy in daily live. I'd love to see how well they predicted their relationships.
I think this is as good as it gets

edit: I can make out that Tahani will provide Chidi with a third option on top of the other two Eleanors. So Michael had always planned to bring in Real Eleanor

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 25, 2017

pwn
May 27, 2004

Argue posted:

Was there anything interesting on the document that was quickly covered up when Michael's coworker handed him a file in his first flashback? It's visible for like one frame but I was watching in SD so I couldn't read it.
FLESH-RIPPING LIGHTNING

Also I just noticed that there's a portal for teleportation or whatever nerds call it when you materialize, that big bank vault-looking door with the flowing blue-ish stuff. In the opening shot of that first flashback you see a demon enter through it

pwn
May 27, 2004

Huh. I've heard that phrase all my life and had no idea it came from Ted Danson.

Thinking further, he probably didn't invent it, but he may have brought it into the pop culture lexicon when he said it.

Anyway, I prefer the nasty public exchanges between Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr, two people you don't need to feel bad about

Roseanne posted:

Oh, and by the way, I've just been artificially inseminated. And I have sixteen babies inside of me! And that oughtta keep "Hard Copy" on forever! And it was not painful, just so you know. It was just a little prick, kind of like having sex with Tom. And it only took a minute!

Tom posted:

Even a 747 looks small in the Grand Canyon.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Paracaidas posted:

drat, Michael is brilliant at this.

The subtle torture isn't fruit on Pizza at all. It's the tedious, neverending debates that will result.

Season 3: Hot Dog & Sandwich shops, lining up constant arguments about condiments, and if the categorization is redundant.

Season 4: In the greatest longterm troll NBC has ever attempted, every food/drinking establishment is named The Local. TVIV implodes as we all realize that we were in the bad place all along.
i acquit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Google's giving me nothing here...
The Office, S05E20, "New Boss," Michael quits at the end, telling David, "I quit" but slightly awkwardly so it came out like "I uh quit" and it took many pages of debate here to determine if he'd quit his job or acquitted himself. Nevermind how the latter made no sense, contextually, and the former made perfect sense

I went to find the thread but Archives are down I guess and that sucks.

• Locked thread