Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
he's pitching his OC for the new megaman battle network game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The way I have traditionally gotten a fair number of posts in our threads, aside from the usual wisdom of getting a co-commentator, is to freely talk about connections you're making to other games and culture. Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim was a game few people heard of and fewer cared about from 1999 and we got very brisk discussion in the thread because I spawned numerous tangents by saying what various things reminded me of or how certain things were connected to other games from the time period.

This kind of goes along with being knowledgeable about the game but I kinda feel like this is a bit more specific on exactly what that means.

Supeerme posted:

I uploaded a video on Youtube so I can post an LP but I ran into a strange problem. The video got blocked worldwide due to a copyright claim. What's strange about it is that the video got blocked by Constantin Film who has claimed copyright. I edited out the loading screens to make the video go smoother so I think the copyright claimer thought I was uploading the film version?

I looked online and I found out Constantin Film is not the real copyright owner. Instead, Gramercy Pictures is the real copyright owner of the film.

What should I do?

Nothing. False copyright claimants are a problem Youtube has not dealt with because the DMCA law they are enforcing with that system does not allow for it. Try to cut stuff out to get around the claim if you like, but you as a content creator have no recourse unless you can argue you have full rights to the content - which, as a let's player, you don't.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

turtilicious is the OP of that thread, since the joke won't be obvious to casual readers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

All I remember hearing about him is that he was in the military and his kid died and I couldn't imagine why someone would lie about that, but I guess the Deep Lore Of The Dark Id makes it a lot clearer.

i had a similar kind of journey with it.

Id was one of the people that inspired me to LP simply because when i read his LPs, i got a good feel that it was fine to just be weird and silly about this stuff. which, growing up on a lot of emulation bbses, that actually was not obvious to me. unsurprisingly, emulation folks tend to get rather territorial about whatever games they happen to like.

then when the freaking "i beat up a hater that was messing with my gay daughter" story came out, i had no choice but to seriously question his integrity. the plain jane truth was simple: Id ostensibly lived in a nicer neighborhood, and there was a physical altercation. this isn't the projects or the inner city. when there's a physical altercation in the burbs, police are called, investigations happen, results are given. someone who was sharing as much as Id about everything should've been very eager to talk about these follow-up points, but he never did.

when his daughter was supposedly killed, i shelved my suspicions because i was like "someone has to be a very sick individual to make this crap up." but then again, the followup posts did not track with any kind of grieving process; he would simply neglect the point for a long while until someone mentioned it, and then he would be at an entirely random stage of grief.

THEN the entire "i run an ethical PMC" thing came out near the beginning of the ukraine war and i was absolutely staggered that anyone could believe this poo poo for an instant. it got more obvious if you spent even a cursory amount of time with it, because Number Two was supposedly crossing enemy lines multiple times a week and was reporting battlefield intel that was flatly contradicted by other confirmed ukranian sources, and later on, the full on MoD reports flatly contradicted Number Two's ostensible updates.

i never wanted to say anything because lurking in his discord was so wild. there are hundreds of people in there lapping up every story even today. can confirm that the vast majority of the people chatting in there are still in deep denial of what is happening as of this morning. taboo subject it seems. the power of being an OG let's player, i guess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Well now I feel like a loving idiot. Dude was playing mind games on me, pretending to support me in one persona and ragging on me in the other.

He, uh, he was rather unequivocal about you as of last November when "something" happened - I still don't know what - that caused him to ping the entire loving server about you.

I won't share it unless requested just out of courtesy or whatever but even as someone who looked once every 3 months or so and never spoke, it was notable that he dropped an @here specifically to tell the entire server to block and avoid you at all costs.

It was pretty hosed up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Yeah and you know what the inciting incident was? Me remarking that "Hikari is weirdly cheap" which just...made everyone lose their poo poo at me. Then I have "Hikari" and TDI doing good cop bad cop in the admin channel discussing whether or not to throw me out and then BOOM I was out before I even realized what was going on.

I had a sneaking suspicion it was something just absolutely bonkers simply because the characterizations he gave of you were totally out of sync with what I knew of you. Like, we've never really spoken person to person, but I've been posting in LP since I registered and you were hanging out here when I started my first LP. I saw you around. The defamatory poo poo he spouted about you was just not who I saw around.

And gently caress, was it defamatory. When I said in my original post that I was deterred from speaking up about a lot of this stuff years ago because of the backlash of stepping to someone more popular than you, it was pretty much exactly that poo poo that I was fearing. Nobody needs that kinda stress in their life.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

I have spent the last three months in therapy over this poo poo, beating myself up. But you know what? I feel better right now. Because if all the drama was manufactured, it wasn't on me at all.

Yeah, not even remotely. And I at least smelled a rat from the second that kicked off, even if I could do nothing about it, so you were not alone, even though I'm sure it felt like you were. Namaste, duder.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Your next appointment with your therapist is gonna be loving amazing.

"So, hey, funny story..."

tbh i'd pay for beers just to get the download of what happens after this point

speedball if you want to make it happen just say what your favorite six-pack is

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the roofies thing MIGHT have been best friend skull instead, who got like 3/4ths of the way through a risk of rain LP and then also self-incriminated as a rapist.

i don't remember any of the fine specifics of the situation, though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Ya know I very well might make more LPs because of this. I broke down seven years ago. Now that I don't have emotional abuse looming over me I might actually heal. I'm feeling surprsingly great.

I've yet to have a beer that tasted good to me, but I like me a Shark Bite drink.

rum, blue curacao, simple syrup, and grenadine? decent choice. if there's some way to get it to you that you're comfortable with i'll make sure it happens. seems the least i can do for seeing something, suspecting something, and not saying something sooner.

Polsy posted:

Doesn't seem like it, he tweeted on a private account that he got to third base non-consensually then when someone brought it up publically months later he said oh, it turned out it was actually consensual, I just hadn't asked her at the time. Which I guess is why the perma message is vague, but it's still a perma.

we have only the best people here in Let's Play

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

citybeatnik posted:

Tha gently caress? The last bit of major drama i recall (i checked out for a good while after Lowtax got publically outed) was slowbeef needing to explain to some cops what LPs were so they'd do a wellfare check on ritcheyz after the latter got outed for being a huge creep to skoolmunkee smong other things.

that also happened, though i shouldn't say too much beyond that probably. skool told me a fair bit about the situation when i worked with her on Dishonored 2 but i'm not certain how much of it i'm supposed to repeat.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Well if we don't, I could always get started on that.

let's play umineko with actual let's play personalities

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Quackles posted:

Isn't that just Danganronpa?

only if we can get our own to play the group of dorks stuck in the middle

at least casting the fat goon will be simple though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

CullenDaGaDee posted:

It’s so funny that for 10 hours there was an outpouring of respect, grief and sympathy for TheDarkId, and then the lies got pointed out and he immediately pivoted into a lolcow. It’s inspiring in a weird way.

it only happened like that because it was slowbeef doing the pointing.

a fistful of other folks tried doing the pointing over the last couple years and all that happened was they got shouted down for being terrible people.

Shitenshi posted:

So for those of you who were in the Discord, it's been a talk in another thread here on the site, but since Hikkiari is literally just Peter Parker reporting on Spider-Man, how much of the mod staff there were alts of him? I ask this because I was kinda cool with one of them on an individual level and considered them a friend (or at least I thought I did), and I'm wondering if I should show them the links on Dark Id's identity and deprogram them from his cult bullshit, or just save myself the trouble and flat out block them on the spot?

i'm not sure who you're talking about but at the end of the day the safest and easiest thing to do would be to just chill on it for a week or two and then try to open a dialog. if that first chat doesn't go well, sever. this poo poo is pretty rough.

if i'm permitted another story that's related to this, there's one person in my own discord community who has had some very serious emotional trouble in the last few years. yesterday, while a lot of this was unwinding, he sent me a quick DM and said "hey, starting to get to a point where i can reach some emotional quiet, hope you are doing good too." however, he did so in a way that did not really convince me of either his healing, or his grounding.

well, as part of this, Discord tipped me off that he was in Id's server, which I hadn't really known before. i did some checking and found him being goaded into more and more extreme articulations of his trauma by various people in id's discord - including by one of the mods we now know for sure is Id. a ton of pieces started falling into place because, just like Speedball, this guy more or less was a victim of that indoctrination environment. and coming down from that is itself its own process.

this cat is also a registered poster so i am extremely reluctant to say too much more out of respect for his privacy and desire to support his actual healing. that said, i feel like the story is relevant in that even if the person you want to talk to is a victim, there's something to be said for letting people find their own way rather than hitting while the proverbial iron is hot. at least personally, i'd be concerned of blowback.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

CullenDaGaDee posted:

This does make me wonder how long the ruse would have gone on if Slowbeef hadn’t said something? There’s a whole alternate universe of Dark Id lies that could have happened out there.

i don't know. a long time yet. in the other thread i said that at least in my mind i don't think the "i'm dead squirtle" thing was even really the end for the TDI persona. i think it's entirely in the realm of possibility that 6 months later, he resurfaces and says "i had to fake my death because nestle was mad i didn't join their kill squads". and i genuinely think a good 2/3rds of his discord laps that up word for word at this point. they're still in denial of what is happening, still posting about nurse droid prototypes and regurgitating the hot button political points in the c-spam esque channel they have, nothing has changed since one of the mods just outright banned discussion of slowbeef's accusations. in any sane community there would've been a groundswell of "no, gently caress you, in what universe is it OK to ban discussion of this actually serious issue that relates directly to why we are all here?" that ship's not in the harbor though.

FeyerbrandX posted:

I was in the server until yesterday, when I left because either this is true, and I should get out, or because he really is dead and I don't have a reason to hang around (a daily morning hour meme spam is not worth it). Must have been in a channel that I muted because at the very least I don't ever remember seeing any thing like that. Which is definitely possible because I muted most of them.

#acab-political-hellscape was where a lot of it happened, which... just the name alone should give you a good idea of the general tenor and tone of the place.

it's worth noting that this channel is one of the very few that has either been privated or has been deleted in the last 48 hours, so my abovementioned note about "hot button political points" is nullified at least. it was definitely there yesterday, though.

e: yeah okay I'm not crazy, this is the most recent couple of posts in the general chat:

quote:

[poster] — Today at 2:29 PM
was about to ask
is acab just gone now?

[poster 2] — Today at 2:37 PM
I'm not honestly sure. I've inquired about it.

[poster 3] — Today at 2:39 PM
I was also confused that it was just fully gone when I checked today.

[poster] — Today at 2:47 PM
Curious on the why :hiiiicorn:

the goon sagas thread had a refugee from the Id discord posting choice stuff yesterday so my instinct is that someone realized that there was way too much gold in that channel so they got rid of it.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 5, 2024

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if anything, you made the right call. the penny's already dropped, and people know there are no-poo poo victims of Id now. even the sagas thread asked for a moratorium on insane poo poo in the ductwork from Id's discord because the point had been made.

the victims are going to need a fresh start somehow, and burning the garbage of yesteryear doesn't sound like the worst idea if that's to be achieved.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Victims what the gently caress?

that's honestly the most relevant term i've got since folks have come away needing therapy, having worse emotional damage, blah blah because of Id's bullshit. if you think that's reaching i'm happy to take another term but

that's the only word i've got for the damage i'm seeing, holmes

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 6, 2024

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay, no, that makes sense. I just thought I had missed something where he did some even worse stuff.

Oh gotcha, mb for misreading

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

bladededge posted:

This is the damndest thing about the whole situation. His work was good! Plenty of people brought in to LPs in general because it was good! The entire Extended Idiverse thing was completely unnecessary and pointless, he had legit internet clout legit earned already.

i mean the trick of it is that he actively chose to use the internet clout to create the Idverse. it wasn't a way to get more, it was how he chose to spend what he got. if he hadn't been the Funny Man Who Made Chrono Cross Characters Say gently caress he would've just been 50 Foot Ant.

though it ENDED UP kinda giving him more because it turned into an internet running crew i guess

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 6, 2024

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Speedball posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, the second-in-command guy's parting words before that place went down were like "Shame, I met a lot of good people, except for Speedball, who was rightfully kicked out for sexual harassment" OH MY GOD. That's what he said to everyone to get them all to snub me and persona-non-grata me? I am a complete and total virgin and I don't even know how...jesus. gently caress off, every last one of them. And that guy believes that ONE thing when everyone else is saying everything else was bullshit?

yeah i pointed out in the pyf thread that this entire idea of you being a sexual harasser came like a week after you were bounced, the story changed constantly

the mod's final @everyone is very deeply funny. i'd play coy about linking it but besides it already being in pyf, the rear end in a top hat who posted it actually showed up briefly to try to defend it before bouncing out like a giant coward when it became obvious nobody was buying. so frankly gently caress him: https://i.imgur.com/cUYvVEw.png

the tl;dr for anyone who doesn't want to click through:

- id was a mentor to me, but he turned out to be a piece of poo poo
- i had my suspicions that he was spewing bullshit, but i never bothered to ask and didn't follow up
- i had someone in the 2010s tell me that id was a giant liar, and i shut down the conversation, not wanting to listen
- but, let's not dwell on how i am so willful a rube i might as well go get my thetans rated and join scientology. i want to keep this community together if at all possible.
- (except Speedball, he was bounced for sexual harassment, which absolutely, 100%, for CERTAIN bro, is the ONE thing id didn't lie about, despite the fact that the story regarding this changed like 3x before we settled on the sexual harassment thing)

when the community thanked this guy for saying something and didn't shout him down, the discord mysteriously vanished.

absolute clowns all the way to the end.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

yeah my bad

just feels like incredibly lovely behavior to twist the knife on someone who was already kicked from the server in no small part due to tdi

100%, it's truly the cherry on top that goes to show what we were talking about a few days ago: a lot of these personality cultists are totally unreformed.

that server getting nuked is probably one of the healthiest things that's happened on the internet in the last week.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kosume Shezaki posted:

Being wholly honest, I worked in a public health position during the pandemic in a deep DEEP red state and I dropped more stress from leaving the channel than I did making a cross country move to get away from that state. The areas supposedly for quarantining the bad poo poo were more resonance chambers just to feel worse and iirc the hikkiari account egged a lot of that on.
you do remember correctly. on monday i had someone from my LP community who's been having a super rough time of it with lots of emotional problems for the last year or two reach out and say he's finally getting to a point where he can reach some more emotional quiet. i told him cool prioritize your healing my dude, namaste, but noticed that TDI's server was a mutual of ours. i checked into it and what do you know, hikkiari's stuffing him with angry gunpowder in the political hellworld channel pretty much every time he spoke there, for months on end.

you were very right to stay away.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

no, gamingo was a genuinely unhinged person who also somehow collected his fair share of worshipers while he was posting.

like, the one detail that i feel like others haven't really highlighted is the fact that he had like 10-ish simps that would go to bat for him every single time he posted a new thread and people piled in to point out every way the thread sucked.

i do not think they were alts because many of the simp accounts were older than gamingo's and i simply cannot buy that a guy who was so thoroughly manic plotted that far ahead.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I think FF14 is a pretty good vehicle for it because the protagonist has no real personality in the game, and there are a ton of scenes where you can imagine them full of emotion and wanting to brain someone, or otherwise caring about what's going on. Lots of unexplained protagonist passivity you could write about.

Especially after HW starts, the WoL is more like Commander Shepard than a usual blank protagonist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Runa posted:

That's not a joke, cspam is infamous for taking the worst parts of politics doomscrolling and shoving them into an insular echo chamber that actively erodes your sense of personal shame and replaces it with outrage. Much of it performative, for clout.

There is an incredibly good reason why one of the stickies in that place is a mental help thread. Cspam is almost tailor made to drive you, personally, insane.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

Wasn't crow a gbs politics poster, not a cspam one?

It's all very bad and it's a shame it rotted his brain like this :(

they did both afaik

i saw them around in the gbs trump thread but for various irl reasons i've barely posted anywhere, period, in like 3 months. not sure what made crow finally lose it but i will say that even the GBS trump thread is such an outstandingly hostile place that some of the more dedicated drama watchers in pyf have deemed it a place of "weird freaks"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Things just keep getting weirder around here. Id and crow gone in a flash.

Everyone with more than 10 LPs to their name better be workshopping their swan song.
no but i'll tell you what, when i get the 1.0 update out for my game, if someone fanfic LPs it and it's clear they've missed the core concept of the writing challenge of the game i'll commit sudoku all over this thread

by which i mean i will post some videos of me solving sudokus while crying

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

midnight77 posted:

someone needs to do another round robin Dwarf Fortress game. All the ones on the archive are really good.

with advmode 2.0 coming out i kinda considered the following for a thread idea:

you sign up, and when its your turn, you take the save for X irl days (say 5 or whatever). you can play as much as you want during that time. 2 years, 10 years, 50 years, doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is that when your time is up, your fort has to no longer be there. tantrum spiral, hell opening, legendary beast, zombie apocalypse, simple boredom abandon, doesn't matter, **fun** has to occur. you can take all the notes you want but you're forbidden from doing a usual screenshot blow by blow.

at any point any thread-goer may grab the save and start an adventurer. overall goal is to go investigating all the thread's old forts and see what's up. those adventurers then leave screenshot blow by blows of their investigations, including the abrupt ends caused by helldemons tearing them to shreds or whatever. whenever people post stuff of your fort you're encouraged to respond with the Deep Lore of your fort as it's relevant to what's being shown off.

cheating to skill up/gear/etc your adventurer is allowed and encouraged since you're liable to have to remake pretty often anyway.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah there were always 2 issues with normal succession threads as i saw them

1) overseers have a weird relationship with one another; the really inspired ones want to do a lot and are frustrated by the lack of in-game time to do it. the more organic ones set the stage for inspired works, but also end up being written into a corner after someone pulls off some insane construction.
2) after overseers took their turns, they were more or less forbidden from interacting with the thread in a meaningful way again.

the idea i came up with is supposed to directly address both problems. you have an unlimited amount of time in game, so you can accomplish whatever megalomaniacal aim you have, and it won't write anyone into a corner. alternatively, you can just set down roots somewhere and go with the flow, experimenting and doing some nonsense - and you will still set the stage for appreciating and contextualizing other forts.

also, after you've handed the save over there's nothing stopping you from spinning up an adventurer and continuing to contribute.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

nah i think that's fine if for no other reason than it allows them to give people some threads to pull on. otherwise how do you know if you found the Really Cool Thing about the fort?

anyway i'll bargain on kicking that thread off when the time comes, though idk how much i am going to be actively contributing to it since my life is "work to get money, work to spend money on house, repeat" atm. i'll do the first fort and organize the thread for folks but i doubt i'll be running a ton of adventurers to investigate stuff.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'm reminded of the imp zone thread where a dude made a pretty great reverse boss order romhack of one of the fire emblem games. the imps were pretty into it and asked what the guy's next project would be. then he said he was going to do something with gender bender dna twister extreme. i genuinely don't remember what, i think it was like make some of the scenes more explicit or something. but regardless of what it was you could basically hear the record scratch in the thread.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

the whole thing where the guy was weird but actually kinda winning the imps over with his earnest posting of his reverse recruitment lp and then the sudden swerve is hilarious

the first time i read it i genuinely sat there blinking for a few moments. i was like "there's no way i read that right" and i reread his post like 3 times expecting it to change somehow and it never did

holmes had been a little odd up to that point but really what romhacker isn't. you have to be a little addled to undertake that sort of project. then he just loving howls

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I think it's entirely possible for a Pokemon LP to be interesting, but I think it needs to do a lot of work since... Pokemon itself isn't very mechanically interesting? And usually has kind of weak storylines? So either there's gotta be a good bit of writing to patch out the empty space with some narrative and personality, some sort of puts-your-balls-in-a-vise romhack that forces use of niche and edge case mechanics to have a chance to progress or some sort of patently insane/bizarre/incompetent romhack in terms of presentation.

this is really the thing in my experience. pokemon games themselves have not matured at all since they were banned off of the subforum back in the cretaceous period. frankly, you could compare the maturation of pokemon games to the maturation of madden and fifa games and i'm genuinely not sure which series would come off better. madden and fifa games at least have something resembling interesting emergent play with the various stupid things you can do with the ball's modeling as time goes on. pokemon at its core is almost identical to where it was in gen 2, after special got broken out into special atk and def. EV, IV, STAB and capture, same poo poo, different coat of paint, and storylines are still the same scholastic book fair rehash because why mess with what works?

even a lot of the usual romhack stuff is a little chancy in my mind simply because no gen of the game is balanced that well, so at a certain point you generally have the local equivalent of the Alakazam spamming Psychic that we all had in gen 1. it'd almost have to be some full on MMO boss style poo poo where challenges are on a script and if you don't solve the problem the way they intend, die, go gently caress yourself, come back when you've got another idea. seeing how people might push the engine to its absolute limit could be interesting in that way.

the narrative romhacks i would be INCREDIBLY suspicious of. pokemon as a world and concept has a lot of Oz style don't look behind the curtain stuff going on, and unfortunately the people who question what's behind the curtain have as much sense of nuance and subtlety as the people who created the world in the first place. that's how we get the dark-and-gritty romhacks where someone commits suicide and your rival shows up to immediately laugh at the newly deceased.

i'm sure it's not IMPOSSIBLE to tell a satisfying story of melancholy, catharsis, growth or healing with the pokemon world, but i also don't think many competent writers would tackle that challenge rather than taking that talent to a truly original work.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Quackles posted:

well now you're making me want to LP a Pokémon game.

give it a go. i'd love to be proven wrong about my musings. and even if i don't think i am, like mega says, as long as you enjoy it who gives a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mycatscrimes posted:

I think people are way overthinking the pokemon lp thing, and also treating the pokemon series as more unique than it is. Just play the game and occasionally add something if you have something funny or informative to add. Please don't try to transform it into some kind of narrative or make it a work of art if you feel like it's hard to do that with the game, that's not necessary.

People just want to watch the cute monsters fight and it's fine (for many, even preferable) for the game to just be what it is and not play second fiddle to some kind of writing project.

Like I'm not ragging on you if that's what moves you to make LPs, personally. There's definitely an audience for that and have fun, but discouraging people from just doing a playthrough of a fun kid's game because you can't give it literary value and you don't personally find the mechanics interesting is very silly. But to anyone who read all that I will read your pokemon LP and enjoy it if you just 1) play through the whole game and 2) occasionally say funny or interesting things about your experience with the game, whether it is about the mechanics, the world, the monster design, or whatever.

nah the question at hand was "how do we make pokemon interesting since it's older than its target demographic and hasn't changed at all since it was new" so i was just worming my way through the usual approaches to trying to do that since i thought it was an interesting question.

in terms of my own work i've kind of already taken my ball and left insofar as i'm making my own game rn so shrug

i lost my right to talk """authoritatively""" a long time ago