Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Honestly if we even get to Chiru I'd be impressed. Go with whatever makes it easier for you to continue to LP imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

I mean, I understand that this dude is at the end of his rope, but I'm not feeling much sympathy towards him. Dude is just concerned about himself and that witch they keep going on about, not his family (though they clearly have their faults). Never had to deal with someone who's losing their mind, I'm further at a loss.

When does playing the game actually start? This ride has been completely on rails since we started, and the only tolerable characters so far are George and Jessica for me.

It's a novel, there's (almost) no gameplay. When Umineko refers to itself in game-like language, it's in the sense of the reader unravelling its mystery.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
And thus begins a proud tradition of the witch taunting the poo poo out of Battler about anything and everything.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
The first time I played, "You are incompetent :iamafag:" really got me. What an amazing line. Was not expecting something like that in red :allears:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Fabulousvillain posted:

I'm aware this track played during the climax of episode one and was perfect during that segment, but I'd just like to say this might be my favorite track in this game/visual novel so far. Holy poo poo, it fits so well.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites too. We will be hearing much more from this composer, who is pretty much a hero.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Since the first Tea Party was an actual tea party, when I first read this I was pretty shocked at how far things got off the rails by only Episode 2.

also, cow tits

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I didn't find it particularly monstrous? Obviously it left Rosa pretty hosed up, but extremely unhealthy family dynamics and people being asses to each other don't seem out of the norm to me. But maybe that's my own bias...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I will second it. It's nice to get some stuff that is not just Battler and Beatrice.

Also Far is a good song.

Speaking of Far, its main melody seems to be something of a musical motif of the composer zts (responsible for dead angle, goldenslaughterer, worldenddominator, and more to come). It gets snuck into his other compositions, including ones unrelated to Umineko (no spoilers, it's a Touhou remix). Though I'm not sure when he started doing it.

The When They Cry series has a tradition of doing this kind of thing too. You in Higurashi and Hope in Umineko are basically main themes for their respective series, and their main melodies are everywhere.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
To be clear, if anyone figures it out in this thread without intervention then anime is real.

Redmark fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 19, 2016

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Excited to see which animal shall be crying for our sins this time.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I like how everyone's so focused on smugging/raging that no one's talked about our new heroine :v:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Memes aside, as several posters have pointed out Beatrice didn't really try to finish the job, so I don't know if you can really call this a dunking.

Also is it just me, or is it getting hard to distinguish between new readers and veterans witch-posting? Let's not overdo it on trolling the players, the game does enough of it already.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Sordas Volantyr posted:

In a moment of weakness, I opened the Umineko wikia and opened random rear end articles and read all of them.

I feel incredibly filthy.

I can't imagine you had any idea what half of them were talking about.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Higurashi was similarly separated into two cycles of four arcs. The second cycle gets the suffix Kai, or "solution".
The second cycle of Umineko has the suffix Chiru, or "breakdown" (or "scatter", "disperse"). Make of that what you will.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Classy Hydra posted:

EDIT: Also nobody's mentioned anything about dreamenddischarger, the best zts track, so I guess I will.

I think my favorite zts track has to be the EP8 one, but yeah dreamenddischarger is so good, especially in conjunction with this tea party.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Aumanor posted:

No, if I recall correctly the text that pops up sometimes when a track starts playing also said it was the "more fear" version.

E: Yup, found it: music starts at around 3:08.

It's kind of funny but there's actually a "Dread of the Grave -More Fear- (remake)", which I believe is what plays there. (The Youtube description for the most popular upload of that track says it plays in EP8, but I guess it's wrong?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I've not been super into discussing Umineko, so it's interesting that most people agree that EP5 is the best (personally I'd go with EP7). I wonder if the thread will agree... it feels like every reader likes Umineko for slightly different reasons, and there are certainly lots of Opinions out there on Umineko Chiru :v:

• Locked thread