Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Personally I'm still a fan of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5G9RIFsCIc

Even as an animatic with minimal motion I still find it really cool. I only wish those episodes had gotten the full animation treatment, because season 6 was really set to be a strong one going by the partially done episodes they did release. Between that scene, and this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwklEWJvmg

The arc is probably the best Anakin stuff the show ever did, both martially and emotionally, but never reached the finish line despite it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Personally I'd love to see Lucasfilm animation go back a few hundred years before the prequels and do their own take on the Old Republic style stuff, with not just Sith/Jedi conflict, but using new villains and new factions to expand the new canon any way they wish. The Old Republic was cool, but it's basically gone now, and to be honest, I always disliked that it was like 4, 000 years ago, since it takes it beyond the realm of "unrelated" and in to "stupidly long ago". 400 years or something, where you can have all new characters would be cool. You could even have a young Yoda at that point if you need to push in some cameos.

It'll probably be about the intervening years between the original and new trilogies though, and involve Luke, Han, Leia & Chewie at least in the periphery.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SyRauk posted:

I'm still holding out for that "Sopranos-meets-Star-Wars" live-action show they've been talking about for years.

Would that be a mafia story using Dark Sun or something then or only stylistically similar to Sorpanos and not narratively so?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Personally I'd love to see more Force groups besides Jedi/Sith, like the Nightsisters. It's one of the reasons I liked the aforementioned Jar-Jar/Mace episodes, because there was a society of Force users who barely used it in an active manner and really were more the ascetic monks Jedi purport to be.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zebulon posted:

There was no reason to assume Ahsoka died at all. You see her walking from the entrance of the temple back down into it at the very end of the finale, in fact.

I wish she had actually died and they had been more definite and clearer about it, despite really liking the character. As is though, she just walks through a doorway in a way that provides them an obvious get out of jail card later if anyone ever wants to reuse her, and she's not even a force ghost when she does so making it even less substantial, since she has varied color.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's also available on it's own here: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/9sIJ6

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TFA was a VERY safe movie(I quite liked it), but I kinda think it had to be due to setting the tone for everything after it long-term for the franchise (ie; "It's not gonna be the Prequel Trilogy again, we SWEAR!").

Even accepting that "The Force Awakens" needed to establish itself as a "real" Star Wars movie and wouldn't have the kind of things people hated in the prequels like Jar Jar or an undue focus on politics I would personally hold the film as way too safe. It was superficially entertaining when I was watching it, but even in the cinema I was sitting there thinking "this feels too familiar". The basic plot was almost an exact beat for beat copy of "A New Hope", a lot of the major cast are either returning characters or related to older characters and every design in the film is basically a lazy rehash of something from A New Hope.

It was a popcorn film, fine while it lasted but immediately forgotten because it has no substance or memorable taste. If it didn't have the words Star Wars in front of the name no-one would have paid it attention or remembered it in my opinion, and I don't feel at all confident Kathleen Kennedy or JJ Abrams won't continue to lazily rehash the original trilogy for the remaining films in their new trilogy. Even the designs already shown for "The Last Jedi" ape the original trilogy too heavily and suggest the plot will basically march step for step along "Empire Strikes Back"'s route, with new AT-ATs. I'm sure it'll make a lot of money, and I'll almost definitely see it at some point, but it's not something I feel any anticipation or excitement for.

Rebels is cool, but my faith is in the animated division at the moment and I hold none in the actual films. Even then, I don't think the animated entries will ever match "The Clone Wars" personally, since I don't think they'll ever have the budget or freedom to make a show like it, with a much wider ensemble focus and weird plots that reference Godzilla or The Magnificent Seven as the producers will.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 13, 2017

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
God I hope there's no porgs in major roles, those things are loving creepy looking.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

Imagine 4 porgs on the edge of a cliff.

Can I imagine punting them off the cliff? With a baseball bat? In to a shredder? Made of lightsabers? And sarlaccs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Star Wars Rebels Season 4: The Adventures of Young Snoke

• Locked thread