Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Loved the first episode back. Thrawn was Thrawn-ing it up, not taking the bait but instead focusing on the bigger game. But I will say, for a Star Wars kids show, I was not expecting the main character to mind control someone into suicide. That was...dark.

Though I agree it was clearly done just to show Ezra tapping into the Dark Side his mind-trick wasn't that dark. One stormtrooper even took the plunge willingly rather than do something sane like try to duck and weave out of the way. Even the way that Ugnaught died from the AT-DP was comical. This show offs nameless trooper mooks left and right in nutty ways all the time and rarely does it sit back to contemplate how they did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Though Interceptors had no in-cockpit life support?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rogue One trailers have been awesome thus far.

What a loving fickle bunch of PTSD fans. What do they need to do to impress Star Wars fans these days?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Episodes like this last one really make me wish Rebels was 10-20 minutes longer.

I also now find myself jumping back onto Netflix to fill in the gaps in the episodes of CW I've seen.

Superstring posted:

Gotta admit, I was kinda hoping the droids were going to join the Rebellion.

Same. Where the hell are they even going to go?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just watched Rebel Recon a bit ago and apparently they theorize the Super Tac Droid might end up becoming an advisor for the Hutts or something.

Who knows though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

More impressive, especially as shown in The Clone Wars series, is his ability to constantly adapt to the constant interference of the Jedi and others and sometimes even twist the outcomes of their heroics in his favor.

I don't know if I'd call it impressive. They had to keep writing in goofy reasons for how he maintained control during all the shinanigans going on that would have exposed him and his schemes up and until RotS.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya that last episode was garbage and actually made me consider how I'm outside the intended age group they're trying to appeal to with Rebels.

I might as well be watching the Freemaker Adventures.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

And what the hell is the difference between a T.I.E. Fighter and a TIE Fighter?!

It's got little period things in between the T the I and the E.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Red Tails.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like how now that R1 is in the bag, killing most of the main characters of Rebels is a completely acceptable end.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is Snoke still Ezra at this point or what?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yup, Gold Squadron also appears in ANH and RotJ.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chop stole the Ghost, took it to Yavin for shits and giggles.

General Syndulla gets paged over the coms because the Ghost is illegally parked in a no Transport zone but Chop don't give a womprats rear end.

The Ghost appears at the Battle of Scarif because Chopper has the balls to take her in and he escapes into hyperspace just in time to avoid T-boning Vader's ride.

He returns The Ghost to Chopper Base before Hera even wakes up to notice it was gone.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

C1-10P's Day Off: A Rogue One Story

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, I've started Rebels now, and... I'm supposed to loathe Chopper, right? He's worse than useless, he's unfunny and actively seems to be trying to get the other characters killed. Like if he spoke English I assume he's sound like Gilbert Gottfried doing Jar-Jar's shtick.

What the poo poo?

Although now that you mention it, I'd love to hear Gottfried voice Chopper.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thrawn now has his own personal retinue of Death Troopers? :swoon:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh hey, is that Wulff Yularen? Head of the ISB in the old EU.

I'm going to say, yes, that is indeed him.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Don't be surprised if a young Jyn Erso makes a small cameo at some point in the show since Saw mentions to her in Rogue One that she was one of the best in his cadre before he parted ways with her.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh you might be right, he may have already ditched her by the time he shows up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Without the entire Dark Forces background story, what is Kyle Katarn? Just another space merc? Like what's even there to even spin a character out of other than the name?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jivjov posted:

Confirm.

Whaaaat? Naw way.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kids don't care about breaks like this anyway, they just rewatch the same stupid episodes over and over again until the season resumes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Got around to watching the last two episodes of this children's show and thought it was cool that they used Ralph McQuarrie's concept of 3P0 for the infiltration droid in "Warhead".

Also that Sabine training episode was surprisingly awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

That opening shot on that planet, god drat. I didn't realize it was animation for a split second, it was so good.

Same. I missed the opening Lucasfilm logo so I thought it was some kind of ad.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

All I know is that if we don't get at least one Mofference before the series ends I'm going to be pissed.

Is that like a conference call but entirely between various Imperial Moffs?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Oh poo poo, he's going to get found out by telling the rebels the override code for those robots.

Ooooo. I'll be surprised if this doesn't actually pan out, because that's such a Thrawny thing to do!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Star Wars are so confusing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

In the grim darkness of a galaxy far far away there are no musical numbers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

the strongest stars have a heart of kyber.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Wow, Mace really upped his productivity.

Maybe it's Ahsokas work!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't get why Thrawn stops bombarding the planet from orbit just to ground assault the base later.

It's not like turbolasers take turbolaser ammo.

I guess because of cartoon Star Wars reasons?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Derp. Right, I completely forgot that it was Gov. Tarkin that asked Thrawn to take the leaders alive at the start.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

There's even a couple of Clone Wars episodes that take place on Mon Cal and you can see a bunch of their underwater buildings that basically look exactly like their cruisers in the Rebel fleet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

I have Shbobobohbbhbh on ignore since all his opinions are terrible anyways.

So! Favorite ship from Rebels so far? While I love the TIE Defender, I am also partial to that prototype B-Wing from S2.

Mining Guild TIE Fighter.

I think that's been the first ever instance of the TIE being used in number by an organization that wasn't The Galactic Empire and it was a cool way to show the Guilds association.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 1, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This reminds me that I still have a few episodes of the second season of The Expanse to watch before I'm caught up.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love that the Interdictors were reintroduced as well if I'm talking about big ships.

mllaneza posted:

The Guild TIEs were also a very nice tweak on the original design.

Ya I dug the bright yellow, hazard stripes and the missing solar panel that actually improves the pilots peripherial vision but yet somehow makes the ship less manueverable.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Interdictors are a bit of a problem though, as the rule for Hyperdrive in old-EU has always been you can't Jump in a gravity well. Interdictors work by generating artificial gravity wells to yank out passing ships in Hyperspace and hold ones already in the area from escaping.

I mean from an esthetic point of view Interdictors are cool looking canon Star Destroyer varients. From a story telling stand point they prevent protagonist ships from jumping out when the Empire arrives somewhere to gently caress poo poo up. Who cares about the pseudo science behind why it would or wouldn't work in-universe? It doesn't yank me out of the story when I see one with its gravity wells or anything.

Now that I think of it, if Tarkin had sent an Interdictor instead of Vader or if Vader had arrived with one instead of his ISD all the Rebels trying to escape Scarif would have been screwed and we would have had no Star Wars.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Fortunately Abrams isn't directing this one, or the next one, so hopefully they'll turn out to be better than the mess TFA was

My controversial opinion on TFA was that it was actually pretty good and that Abrams did Star Wars well when compared to the Star Wars made by Lucas between 1999 and 2005.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

But would Finn have been a CGI comedic relief character or would he have been a black storm trooper comedic relief character in Lucas's sequel trilogy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They really are neat.

and were a lot more commonplace...

• Locked thread