Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I just finished rewatching season two, and Chopper's solo episode is definitely one of the best. I hope we get to see Alan Rickmanbot again in S3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

"Ashla" popped up in the Lasat episode last season, too. It was basically what they called their Force tradition. Love that this stuff is getting folded back in.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

This week's episode is up on WatchDisneyXD. It's making a promise that I can't wait to see fulfilled.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I feel like, as Ezra alluded to, the things they saw were sort of a mash up or amalgamation of the answers they were each looking for.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

There are a couple of slow episodes in each season, but nothing that totally kills the momentum. And if you do end up liking it, it's totally worth it to go back and watch Clone Wars!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Woebin posted:

That's actually something I was thinking of doing. There was that list someone posted of essential episodes (this one) but it seems to be jumping back and forth when it comes to episode numbers (first recommended episode is middle of S2, then early S1 and so forth). Are you supposed to watch them in the order presented on the list?

I created that list! The episodes were created in non-chronological order. The list accounts for that, so if you watch them in my recommended order, you'll be watching them in the proper in-universe chronological order.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never knew that was done by a goon! That list convinced me to give the show a second chance after writing it off halfway through the first season. Thanks dude.
Awesome to hear that it was helpful to someone. So many people seemed to drop the show right as it was about to get good!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

In what form she survived is still up for debate. Some people think her spirit is trapped in the temple or something like that. Regardless, I'm positive that there's no way we won't see her again. Just maybe not on Rebels?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I wasn't aware they had said that Ashoka's story was done, but with the canon, anything is possible.
I think anybody who said this probably meant that she was done on Rebels, not overall.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Genre-themed episodes were one of my favorite parts of Clone Wars. They even did a Lassie episode!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Covok posted:

What was the "Lassie episode"?

Season 2, Episode 21: R2 Come Home

Anakin gets stuck in a well* and R2 has to go get help while outwitting local predators.

*trapped under some rubble. Close enough!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Strangely heartwarming to see battle droids and Jedi/clones fighting side by side and commiserating over how they both got screwed over. I was happy a few of the droids escaped.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

These last 2 episodes were just kinda spinning their wheels. Just get to thrawn already
Didn't Thrawn have a big role in the episode before this one?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Reminder that there's no new episode today; don't be like me rushing to WatchDisneyXD craving a taste of Renegade Imperial Mandalorians Being Cool And Stuff, only to be met with bitter disappointment! :)
Came to the thread to see if anyone knew why the new episode wasn't up yet; met with bitter disappointment!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I think it was in one of the Rebels Recon videos, but Filoni or one of the top writers said that Thrawn pokes and prods and considers learning a new piece of information about his enemy to be a victory, no matter what else happened. This episode was a pretty clear example of him doing just that.

Not to mention he's testing his own assets. Wouldn't be surprised if Konstantine punched a ticket to becoming an expendable part of Thrawn's inevitable master plan.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Woebin posted:

Is it just me or has the animation been really slow and sluggish this season? It's especially egregious in space battles, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's that fighters are too slow, maybe it's that blaster fire is too slow, or maybe both. Was it always like this and I just didn't realize until now?

Yep, it's always been like this. I think it's a deliberate decision to make it feel like Episode 4, just like the skinny lightsabers. If you go back and watch the movie, the ships move at the same speed as in Rebels. It's a little jarring at first, but I've come to appreciate the change of pace.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Two years out, I think. Ezra is 17. Not that one year makes a huge difference at this point!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Right! I think Pablo Hidalgo said Ezra was born a couple days before them (to account for the travel at the end of RotS).

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Good episode, especially after the last two, which I wasn't wild about. I particularly liked the game of AT-AT strafing keep-away. Of all the people who could be recurring characters on this show, I definitely wasn't expecting to see the farmer from S1 again.

I think next week is the "winter finale," which usually means big things will happen.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Given that it's a Maul episode, I think that's unlikely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Cassian Andor show up in the second half of the season.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Not sure if anything matters less to that story than if Ventress and Maul are the same species.

Good episode yesterday! I like Maul's creepy portrait of Satine. Wondering if he just wants to kill Kenobi, or if he wants to team up with him for revenge on Palpatine before killing him.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

In this week's Rebels Recon, they more or less said the back half of the season will incorporate aspects of R1. My money's still on a Cassian appearance.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah I hate that terrible movie he made in 1977, Star Wars.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Anybody else hear the "karabast!"?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Sith Happens posted:

If Saw looks like that on Rebels, how much time passes between that episode and the events of Rogue One, where he looks drastically different?
About two years. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets messed up in this episode.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Should I finish the clone wars before I watch rebels?
Couldn't hurt! Rebels will still be here once you're done, and as others have said, certain late-series elements from Clone Wars come into play. Plus those last couple of seasons just plain looked amazing. I miss George Lucas spending an ungodly amount of money to make his funtime hobby look good.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

teagone posted:

The music gets me everytime I watch that episode.

Kiner can really bring it when he gets a chance! I love that moment, Zeb's black hole theme from last season, Ahsoka vs. Vader, Kanan reaching for a plummeting Ezra... any others?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I just love so many things about Empire Day that it's hard to remember them all. Great pick!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, when were A Wings considered the Red Shirts of the Rebel fleet?
I don't think they necessarily are. You just see a bunch of them get blown up in Rebels because hey, something's gotta get blown up.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, that's one of the best storylines! Please report back after you finish it.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Chopper seems to be pretty divisive. I tend to enjoy him, and his focus episode in S2 is my second favorite episode of that season (and only because it's impossible not to pick the season finale as the best ep).

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

How can you not enjoy the pettiness of Chopper flushing another droid into outer space because the crew liked him.
That and his giggling fit in S2's Stealth Strike are the two funniest moments of the series so far for me.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Seriously, the friendship between Chopper and AP-5 is one of my favorite things on the show.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

The rest of the season can't get here soon enough.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Stanton is awesome. He also does the voice for Alan Rickmanbot.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Gotta be him! I missed that voice.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Did they part ways when she was 16, or am I imagining that? If it's true, that would mean she was already gone by the time the Ghosties meet Saw.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Weird thing I've picked up about the post-Disney EU: They seem to WANT to have Wraith Squadron but aren't allowed to use the name for some reason? Like, the Ghost's crew using 'Spectre' as their callsigns when they're doing commando or sneaky stuff, and one of the newer books has Wedge commanding Phantom Squadron, which is made up of washouts?
They can use whatever they want from the old EU. I'd guess that they're not using the exact Wraith Squadron name because the new characters aren't the Wraiths.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Not to mention that Yoda's out of the training game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I thought the same thing at first. Would be cool to see her show up, especially after that comics tease, although there's not much of a market for competent imperials beyond Thrawn and Tarkin on this show!

• Locked thread