Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
From the previous thread:

The Antilles Extraction

Super excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was thinking that he looked like the Tie Interceptor pilot from that Tie Fighter anime short from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

I haven't seen that before, and good lord that is the most Macross/Gundam thing I've seen in a decade. It's good.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

IronSaber posted:

Oh lord, the TIE Electronic Warfare is just a Bomber with an AWACS dish glued to it.

And the TIE Experimental mk. 1 looks like it was designed by dyslexic engineers.

And what the hell is the difference between a T.I.E. Fighter and a TIE Fighter?!

One stands for Twin Ion Engine and is descriptive, so it's not protectable as a trademark. The other, if it's used long enough, doesn't "mean" anything, and, as such, is protectable.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Vitamin P posted:

In new canon there are other jedi running around that we haven't seen, just from the existence of the jedi hunting Inquisitor organisation. You don't create a group to do a task that doesn't need doing.

The inquisitors seem to mostly be on baby-snatching duty and hunting non-jedi sensitives at this point. It was made abundantly clear that inquisitors (other than maybe the Grand Inquisitor) aren't real threats to people with actual Jedi training.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Chickenwalker posted:

Like I said, like a horror movie monster or the Terminator. We follow a bunch of sappy nobodies, maybe one's a Jedi driven to questionable moral choices, and we watch as Vader completely kicks their poo poo in. They run, some even fight, but nothing stops him and he just keeps showing back up to wreck dudes.

Sort of the feeling of despair when Kanan and Ezra go up against him and barely get away with their lives. Consider the current Marvel comic. The "Vader Down" event in particular, in which the Rebels manage to shoot him down and promptly get their everything kicked in trying to capture or kill him.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

tsob posted:

Why? Putting aside that Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi and wasn't targeted by Order 66 because she had already left and was nowhere near a clone more than likely, she was a loose end when Rebels started but was a connection between Vader and his past, so for the sake of narrative she has to be dealt with. Because you can't just leave a strand like the one emotional tie Vader has left hanging. And if you're going to deal with her a confrontation is basically inevitable, and it has to have some tension because otherwise it's just an anti-climax and narratively unsatisfying.

We actually got some of her story in the Ahsoka novel. She was on Mandalore with a detachment of clone troopers Anakin had given her right before the battle of Coruscant. Somehow Rex had beaten his chip, and they'd faked both their deaths, buried her lightsabers as a trophy with another clone under his number. She spends a year in deep depression, not even touching the force, and the second she pokes her head up an inquisitor comes sniffing.

tsob posted:

I've seen people say she shouldn't be nearly good enough to take him on as well, and that makes just as little sense to me given that she was one of the most active Jedi of any level during the Clone Wars and saw a lot of service and that she was a fairly accomplished lightsaber duelist even as a teen, taking on full blown Jedi, Grevious and Sith during the show if I recall. She was always on the backfoot during those fights, but always held her own long enough to escape or for help to arrive and certainly got better throughout the show.

Also, he trained her, and as strong as Vader is, he's severely diminished from Anakin (or the brief pre-cyborg Vader). It would make perfect sense that she can go toe-to-toe with her master when he's handicapped like that and she's now full-grown.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Funky Valentine posted:

that spot on Coruscant where Ahsoka left the order"

This one is especially great because it's "a doghouse on the steps of my palace."

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Empress Brosephine posted:

im watching this now for the first time and I like it except that im pretty sure by the end of the first season you could leverage genocide charges against the main characters since they all seem to be able to kill 20 stormtroopers at once.

thats the thing i hate most about star wars, stomr troopers are incompetant

Wait until S3, where straight-up war crimes by the Ghost Crew are the order of the day.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

ShineDog posted:

Remind me of the s3 warcrimes? Other than that little incident in the first episode.

That's the one.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

General Dog posted:

A better question would be why anyone chose that arc to start the series to begin with.

It's Ahsoka's intro arc. The chronologically previous episode (the stealth ship) didn't have her in it and was a one-off, and the actual good arc (Malevolence) is (a) Another Death Star and (b) has Ahsoka there already, no intro.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

J33uk posted:

Or go to Disney World and spend $500 on a Rebels room decoration package and secret mission if you want to go super hardcore.

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/product/star-wars-rebels-interactive-adventure.do

This sounds amazing. Thinking back to when I was ten, if one of the properties I was into had this and my parents had done it? I would have been over the loving moon.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

TARDISman posted:

Didn't one of the higher ups at the show, either Filoni or Hidalgo say they want to find a way to write Rex into being the old beardy commando during RotJ?

If memory serves, this is Filoni's belief and he wants to canonize it. Given he's now in charge of all Lucasfilm TV, he's in a good position to do that someday. Hidalgo could do so by saying so, as he's apparently capable of speaking ex cathedra on new-canon, without needing to put it on screen or page.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Chickenwalker posted:

Man am I sick of this nucanon Kyber crystal crap. It's like they saw the word once and couldn't stop using it. Oversimplifying the universe makes it less interesting. Not all crystals have to be the same. It's not an interesting spin to assert that the Death Star uses the same crystals. The specific name doesn't have to be repeated in every source of media ad nauseum.

I get it, and per nucanon, they're not all the same. There are sources of crystals all over the galaxy, it's just that there's only one reliable, plentiful source, and that's where the Jedi sent younglings to gather crystals to make their sabers, where Sheev sent his inquisitors to corrupt crystals, and what got blown up in TFA.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
"Well, I got my Jedi-on-giant-wolves scene, Filoni OUT!"

Though it there's not a new cg Star Wars replacing it, I'll eat Ezra's entire collection of hats.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

banned from Starbucks posted:

What is his obsession with that one bearded guy in jedi being rex

It's a legitimately good choice. People complain, simultaneously, about everything revolving around the main characters and every background character having a whole convoluted backstory. Making one of the troopers on Endor Rex gives secondary characters a through-line in the story and makes Star Wars more than just an intra-family spat.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Lorak posted:

Star Wars Rebels Season 4: You Rolled How Many Despair?

Oh hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A lot of people won't get the joke, but I like it. Especially given the focus of the latest thing they're working on. :v:

Oh hell yes. Please tell me this is real. Lie to me if it's not.

• Locked thread