Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Good episode, I hope that Interceptor pilot Skerris "aka Imperial Viper" (totally looks like him) shows up more. Though I'm sure plenty of people are crying bloody murder it was Soontir.

I was thinking that he looked like the Tie Interceptor pilot from that Tie Fighter anime short from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

DancinBrud posted:

Yep, it's always been like this. I think it's a deliberate decision to make it feel like Episode 4, just like the skinny lightsabers. If you go back and watch the movie, the ships move at the same speed as in Rebels. It's a little jarring at first, but I've come to appreciate the change of pace.

I never noticed this, but I wonder if this is why I can stomach Rebels and I can't stand Clone Wars. I really tried to watch a bunch of Clone Wars episodes and while there were some interesting characters, I just couldn't get into the show as a whole. I can sit through a marathon of Rebels, though. Maybe it's because it's more in line character-wise with the trilogy I grew up with, what with having the Empire around and stuff.

BTW, is Hondo from Clone Wars? I love him because I just imagine him as Don Karnage.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

How old was Leia in that one episode? She's 19 in the first movie, right?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I never watched any of Clone Wars, and I read The Courtship of Princess Leia a long time ago, so this episode confused me. I just read all about the new Dathomir, and I think I liked the old one better. Force sensitive witches riding rancors while attacking imperials with Luke Skywalker was just fun, at least to 13 year old me.

So, does this mean that Han owns Maul's home planet?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

TheBigBad posted:

George saw Rogue One.

and he liked it.

Maybe it rhymes, like poetry.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

I remember as a kid everybody thought that Boba's armor was Gen1 Stormtrooper armor. That may just have been on my playground but that and Vader's volcano accident were common knowledge in the '80s.

I remember my dad telling me about the fight above the volcano and Anakin falling into it back in the late 80s. I don't remember if he read it in Starlog or got it from somewhere else, but that was common knowledge for me too.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I always thought that Lobot's computer head thing made it so that he was basically a cyborg supercomputer, but that he couldn't talk as a result of it. Apparently he's just not sociable, because this guy was chatting up a storm.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I found out people didn't like the brief musical scene, and I wonder what it is like to live without joy.

Everyone hated the Star Wars Kinect game, and pointed to that dumb Han Solo song, but there was more to it, and Star Wars and Disco go hand in hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbBiexLN9s

I'm sorry, but Han and Lando disco dancing is amazing.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

They really needed to come up with a better title for that one, because all I think about is Empire Carpets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

Post-hiatus better have a "Rebel Assault II" :argh:

I'll also accept "The Hidden Empire."

• Locked thread