Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

And apparently you see Chopper moving off screen (read that on reddit -- seeing it tonight!).

That murderous little scamp :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

Kenobi's back yard is just a pit of muffified corpses of Jedi and Sith who wander onto his sand lawn

Kenobi vs Maul, round 2: crazy space-grandpa vs angry Rasputin.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ShineDog posted:

The clone wars is the best thing to come out of the prequels by miles. It takes a while to get up to speed and it's got some absolute shockers that should never have been aired, but it also goes to some really weird and interesting places too. It's got an anthology structure which lets it get kind of experimental.

You'll have episodes all about clone free will and sacrifice, that'll get followed up with some deeply weird stuff that leans in heavily on star wars as fantasy. Then you might check in on the badguys and follow them for a few episodes. Kaiju movie? Sure thing!

By the end the budget is absolutely barmy. You'll have enormous fleet battles as a passing detail.

Also, anakin is a... likable character?

Clone Wars Anakin is the best portrayal of him. You see the underlying darkness and reminders every so often of what he'll become, but he's still a better character than the actual prequels version of him.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zoran posted:

They're good.

:stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Roth posted:

Black Sun are already canon, and Sabine's friend whose name escapes me is a memeber so Prince Xizor isn't such a stretch I think.

Ketsu Onyo?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, Fett's weakness is the blind.

:vince:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wasn't there some backstory about Boba being the very last of his people at one point? I feel like they're setting that up a little bit, if most/all the Mandalorians die in the coming Thrawn-pocalypse it'd leave Boba (and Rex, indirectly?) as some of the few surviving Mandalorians.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Thrawn is as smart as Vader is brutal. I wouldn't have it any other way :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is one of Maul's crystals one that Luke picked up from Obi Wan's hut for him to make his green lightsaber? :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

As a story about how the Republic and a galaxy fell to tyranny, the prequels did a solid job.

As the tale of Anakin Skywalker, fallen Jedi Knight, the prequels are a total misfire. We never see why Anakin is such a revered jedi, or why Obi-Wan saw him as a brother. And evne if The Clone Wars fixes that (haven't seen 'em), that can't fix Revenge of the Sith's awful treatment. Any subtleties about Anakin losing faith in the jedi order or democracy or his friends gets entirely erased by "ME MUST SAVE WOMAN"

In other news, holy poo poo is Iron Squadron bad. Like, worst episode of the series ever.

The Clone Wars manages to fix both Anakin and Maul. I recommend it highly.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Think for a moment on how much Kallus lives up to his name when he fingers Wot's His Name as Fulcrum and throws him into the warm, loving embrace of Imperial Intelligence. Torture, interrogation droids with giant needles full of drugs, and the kind of totalitarian bureaucracy that assumes that if you're under suspicion for some reason, even if that reason turns out to be flat out wrong, you must be doing something bad that they just haven't figured out yet, or you wouldn't be under suspicion.

This was the same guy that was responsible for the hammerhead corvettes when the rebels stole them

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mllaneza posted:

clone troopers weaponizing his incompetence will never not be funny.

"Let him go up there to negotiate, as soon as the slapstick starts we can use it to kick off an ambush and maybe walk out of this alive". It was a beautiful thing :allears:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dave Syndrome posted:

Which one is that? It's been a while since I've seen the episodes, and so far the best Anakin moment for me is his resolution of the Satine hostage situation.

From "Who will brand themselves a a cold-blooded killer? :smug:" to "This guy, right here! :twisted:" as a lightsaber pierced the moron's chest and Vader's theme played lightly in the background for a few seconds. A beautiful scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Last Season :v:

• Locked thread