Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

General Kota is based on Zatoichi too. Freddie Prinz Jr. actually addresses this in a pretty cool way in a Q&A session, let me see if I can dig it up.

[edit] Can't seem to find it, its a group thing, Sam Witwer was there too. Basically IIRC FPJr says Kanan is basically drawing little to no inspiration from Kota, that they're both instead drawing from Zatoichi, but can see how young star wars fans who grew up and had Kota as their first introduction to the "blind swordsman" concept think Kanan is emulating Kota.

Every interview I've seen of Freddie Prinz Jr. for this proves that he is a huge nerd for Star Wars. And I think Witwer is too, and its great. More so Freddie, since I vaguely remember him being a teen heartthrob in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Judging by the Star Trek fans and mods mentions, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's kiddie diddling. How the hell that becomes eating asparagus, I dunno.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, they definitely have the look of the Mark 1s.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Y-Wings are just as fast as X-Wings. :colbert:

I hope this means we get to see Wishbones do something cool for a change.

What, explosions aren't cool enough for you? :colbert:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

SyRauk posted:

This was a random thought while watching Game of Thrones but Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) would make a great Imperial Admiral type in the movies or his voice for this show.

Dance is my dream Tarkin, but he'd be good as pretty much any Imperial higher up.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

Man am I sick of this nucanon Kyber crystal crap. It's like they saw the word once and couldn't stop using it. Oversimplifying the universe makes it less interesting. Not all crystals have to be the same. It's not an interesting spin to assert that the Death Star uses the same crystals. The specific name doesn't have to be repeated in every source of media ad nauseum.

Which would you rather have for your super science weapon of mass destruction, a normal focusing crystal or a crystal with a proven track record of high energy efficiency? Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

Also IGN says only 15 episodes for this season; bet we'll still get a too-long hiatus?

It is Disney, so that's a given. It could be 10 episodes and there would be weeks long breaks interspersed throughout.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

Starting to see a wave of new behind-the-scenes videos across a few publications:

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/900040216022573057

https://twitter.com/EW/status/899663233832943616

Wonder if we're leading up to a S4 premiere date announcement?

This is probably why, though S4 date announcement is probably not far away either:
https://twitter.com/AshCrossan/status/900377959265034245

• Locked thread