Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Was just overemphasized so you had a chance of catching it during that split second before he clamps his hands over his face.

And he's had six months to heal with the help of space medicine that makes scar tissue less visible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I found it both amusing and distressing how much the Stormtroopers just completely tuned out these robotic killing machines. Sure B1s aren't that accurate, but they were standing right there and could've done the same thing the stormtroopers did in short order. In fact that was what I expected would happen, that B12668 or whatever his name designation was would get impatient with the chatty troopers and gun them down (but I guess he'd have to be pretty stupid to do that and, as Kalani said, they weren't at war).

B1s get no respect.

I like the implication that this isn't even the first time those stormtroopers found a few old battle-droids hidden in a blasted out planet no one lives in anymore. Shows how far reaching the empire really is.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Covok posted:

Since we talked Nucanon Mandalorians vs Legends Mandalorians, how is the same divide for the Sith? I know there is A LOT about the Sith in legends, but I also know a lot isnt' good.

The broad strokes are more or less the same. The Rule of Two, the code, and general powersets, but most specific sith no longer exist in nucanon

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TheBigBad posted:

You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie

Star Wars 36 remastered in full VR. They say it's a classic :v:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

BigRed0427 posted:

Was The Clone Wars any good? I tend to avoid stuff related to the Prequel Trilogy.

The Clone Wars was mostly amazing with a few episodes that were the opposite of amazing but not in a show ruining way.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Alternatively, good, the Jedi were kinda dumb towards the end. New children of the force like Ezra and Rey should forge their own path.

This is 100% what it's going to be. The Jedi and Sith destroyed each other down to the last man and now brand new space religions will take their places in the universe.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DancinBrud posted:

I loved all the Vader appearances, and Forgotten Droid is the most underrated episode of the show. What're yours?

In no clear order:

Vision of Hope
The Future of The Force
Legends of the Lasat
The Honorable Ones
Ghosts of Geonosis

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I have no idea why I'm sharing this fanart on this thread, but I was in an unpleasant mood until I spent 20 minutes laughing at the dumbest loving visual pun I've ever seen:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Covok posted:

So, Maul is, essentially, a well-spoken thug who failed at everything he tried then died in the middle of nowhere with only his rival, who had far surpassed him in every category, to comfort him in his final moments?

That's the sick joke that is Maul and the punchline was this episode. He let the Dathomir witches do existentially terrifying things to him, then became a sith-lord's apprentice, then stapled on a new pair of legs after getting cut in half, then took over a crime syndicate, then took over Mandalore and then finally dedicated the rest of his life to a meaningless quest for vengeance against people who barely remembered him because he wanted his life to matter.

But that's just it, he never mattered. He was Obi Wan's tutorial level boss and he never rose above that station at any point in his life. His failure to recognize that is why he died alone in a desert after a fight that lasted less than five seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh that's right, it was in Rogue One :cripes:.

Though Project Stardust was probably competing for funding with every project.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Death Star being a massive resource hog is also a sensible explanation for why we don't see more TIE Defenders later. Especially if the heroes succeed in blowing up the Lothal factory.

"The Death Star is a paper tiger that literally blows up in the Empire's face" is a plot point in three Post-Disney EU stories I can recall and probably a bunch more I can't recall and I'm loving it :allears:

• Locked thread