Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Someone with Twitter ask Pablo what's behind the door in the back of the Ghost's cargo bay. Alternatively, where the bathroom refresher on the Ghost is.

The two might be related, come to think of it. That'd be pretty lovely (:rimshot:) design work by CEC though.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fetusslapper posted:

I never finished Outbound Flight. Was there a personal(like was he too emotional?) reason he was kicked out of the Chiss Ascendancy?

He analyzed the artwork of the Chiss and concluded they were vulnerable to betrayal by trusted allies. He tried to warn the Ascendancy but rather than listen, they turned on him and exiled him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I normally dislike "grey side of the force" stuff, but judging by that clip this might at least turn out better than the crap that was Kreia and Kotor 2.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TheCenturion posted:

Kreia wants to raze it all the the ground. Maul wants to prove to his abusive father figure Palplatine that he isn't a failure, and finally get that pat on the head he's wanted since he was a starving child that Palp took in after he killed another street kid for a scrap of food or something.

At this point I don't think he wants the old man's approval. Sheev has taken away everything Maul has ever had including

His life before Maul, whatever that was
His apprenticeship and the secrets of the Sith.
Destroyed his criminal empire.
Killed his brother.
Killed his mother
Hunted him for the last 15+ years.

All he wants is survival, power, and revenge.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

And sure Obi-wan cut him in half, but he already got that particular revenge.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Man. More French/Ryloth accent Hera. :allears:

[edit] Also, if Luke was a little short for a Stormtrooper, what does that make Ezra?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 21, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

bunnyofdoom posted:

A teen who had one hell of a growth spurt

He's still pretty short looking compared to the stormtroopers. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Heck, Rebels already showed us the Mining Guild using TIE fighters.

I like how they removed the front segment of the panels in an attempt to improve visibility (Good!) but this apparently made the fighter unstable and harder to fly (bad).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They just got it upgraded too.

Also good golly Ezra killed a number of dudes in that episode. Goodbye little space Alladin brat.

Also, I'm glad that Thrawn didn't ramble at all about art. He was pretty well done so far. In addition I thought the Bendu was pretty great, so far.

And I love Pryce's comment about how they struggle so much for so little. All that effort and all they got was five bloody Y-wings.

[edit] That preview... more redblades huh?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 25, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NTRabbit posted:

Good to see[...] a new larger ship, which is pleasing news for FFG and Star Wars: X-Wing[/spoiler]

Also The Bendu has an epic voice

Thats not a new ship actually, its an Aurore Class freighter, it showed up once in a while during The Clone Wars series.

And yes, Bendu is Tom Baker, so that is a given.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

teagone posted:

. And also from the imagery when Kanan is reaching out to Ezra from inside the Ghost; the white light blasting out from behind him was dope.

He is quite literally pulling Ezra back towards the light. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Since when did Thrawn care about civilians? IIRC if it gets results, its done. He isn't a needless butcher, but what of a few lives as collateral if it ends a threat that could cost far more.

The only reason I could see him caring is worry it'll drive people to the rebellion. Like Kallus. Thrawn isn't perfect or he wouldn't have been so artistically murdered.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It'll probably be covered In more detail in the Thrawn book or future episodes.

As for Krell he probably was an effective (if harsh/uncaring) General before he snapped, decided to go darkside and deliberately sabotaged the Umbrara campaign as an offering to Dooku to gain his favor/apprenticeship.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

thrawn527 posted:

Thrawn was Thrawn-ing it up, not taking the bait but instead focusing on the bigger game.

Phoenix Group's force wasn't bait, but Thrawn letting them go was definitely him focusing on bigger game. He knows (or at least should based on previous engagements the Empire has had with them) that they have a few Alderannean Cruisers and some more corvettes that weren't present to cover the theft. And the only reason they'd steal old bombers is ambition to strike at larger and more important targets. Crushing part of Phoenix Group now would just make the rest more cautious. He probably wants them to get more cocky and willing to make more brazen attacks so they expose themselves further.

Also, it wouldn't be too much of an rear end pull if those Y-wings had trackers hidden in them. Since he suspected the theft ahead of time.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 26, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don't think Kanan is near master material yet, but I do really like his new regulation Jedi beard, yeah. I hope he ditches that mask in a decent amount of time. I think he looks fine without it:

Honestly, I was expecting the damage to be far worse. I'm fine with "Milky Blind eyes" (notice the Bendu has similar eyes, and might be blind itself) and a dark mark over his face. I guess this:

Was just overemphasized so you had a chance of catching it during that split second before he clamps his hands over his face.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, I just figured the answer to complaints I've seen elsewhere that he's going Space Wizard Zatoichi instead of cybereyes was because his eyesockets and nose bridge were hunk of scarred flesh tissue.

Of course, the real answer is Space Wizard Zatoichi is loving cool.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

General Kota is based on Zatoichi too. Freddie Prinz Jr. actually addresses this in a pretty cool way in a Q&A session, let me see if I can dig it up.

[edit] Can't seem to find it, its a group thing, Sam Witwer was there too. Basically IIRC FPJr says Kanan is basically drawing little to no inspiration from Kota, that they're both instead drawing from Zatoichi, but can see how young star wars fans who grew up and had Kota as their first introduction to the "blind swordsman" concept think Kanan is emulating Kota.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 26, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I figured, it just made me think of that group interview and I thought I'd share. Except then I couldn't find it again! Luckily...

X Toad did! Thanks :tipshat: The question about Kota is at 1:30:45-ish. Also, Freddie and Sam are the best. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 27, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Covok posted:

Witwer has pretty much made a guest appearance on almost every Star Wars podcast. An exaggeration, of course, but the guy loves Star Wars and jumps at any chance to talk about it and its related media, like roleplaying games.

Supposedly one of the first things he did when he first showed up to work on The Clone Wars was dump a boxfull of the old West End Games d6 Star Wars RPG books on Filoni's lap as a gift.

I wouldn't be surprised if he offered to run a game for various cast and crew either. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Caleb DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :v:

Its Dume, Maul. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Interesting episode. I love Maul. :allears:

Also the obvious interpretation of Twin Suns is "Tatooine" but it could also be seen as Anakin's twins.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So... what happened to the holocrons?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Why put that in spoilers? Funny though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also, I got the answer to my quesiton of whats behind the door in the back of the cargo bay.

Its another bloody door! :argh: Though Hera did say "get to the engine room" so I guess I at least know whats behind the new door. :v:

Actually it looks like they just cloned the small room above (the one that leads up to the dorsal turret, the lounge, the side airlocks, etc), since there seem to be doorways to the side, maybe mechanical spaces under the airlock corridor (which angles down, so it'd be a low ceiling after a while).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nah. Maybe in his younger days, but Maul is classier than that now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Snoke supposedly isn't Sith, according to Pablo and the Lucasfilm storygroup.

Similarly, in the latest Rebels Recon, Filoni said this about Maul.

quote:

"Maul isn't trying to be a Sith. He is trying to be something else, something that he is creating. And many people have tried that over the years and it hasn't worked out, so we'll see how it works out for him."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pretty sure Ezra has no idea who Vader is. He was too far away and focused on escaping when the mask broke. And to spmeone with no context the earlier conversation implied Vader killed Anakin.

quote:

Snoke Theories

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Good episode, I hope that Interceptor pilot Skerris "aka Imperial Viper" (totally looks like him) shows up more. Though I'm sure plenty of people are crying bloody murder it was Soontir.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

cptn_dr posted:

I know he's obviously not Soontir, but giving his Interceptor red bits on the wings had to at least be a reference, right?

It wasn't just red bits. He had kill markings on the fuselage too.

Judging by those kills A) Xwings are at large B) Viper has been busy. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The red triangle is on both sides, so probably not a kill marking.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It is pretty Star Wars that the ships are as durable and impervious to damage as the plot demands.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They're an older model. Apparently the Awing is now a Kuat Systems Engineering design that lost to the TIE Fighter in a competition to be the Imperial next gen fighter. So they sold it on the civilian market instead. It has heavier shields and armor and heavier laser cannons compared to the Endor-era A-wing. I'm guessing the Rebels learned a lot from losing all these early A-wings and significantly modified them into the Endor version.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

As far as I could tell, no. Cockpit wasn't even different externally. Maybe that space behind the pilot is normally used for cargo?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh really? What established backstory from the movies is that? In RotJ you see A-Wings and B-Wings and no facts about them. No one on screen says anything about those fighters, they're just there (and barely there in the case of the B-wing).

Rebels Recon. We're getting more Ryloth in the next episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6em1j3nQcSk

I missed those speeder bike SFX. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Rebels has already explained "they didn't shown up until RotJ". There are multiple rebels cells all using whatever equipment they can get. Endor was the first time they were gathered in one place. The medical droid didnt' show up until it was fixing up Luke in Empire, are we to assume it and Bacta tanks didn't exist until Empire?

General Dodonna's unit has X-wings and Y-wings (some of them provided by Phoenix Group)
Phoenix Group has A-wings.

I'm sorry that this makes you upset.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Actually I bet that is her natural hair color. And it looks more black than brown to me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TIEs have basic life support now. TIE pilots wear sealed suits for safety reasons.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Didn't Han say that at one point too?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oh thats what I get for not checking this thread first, I see someone already spotted the Hammerhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The hammerhead are just rearranged CR90s anyways.

• Locked thread