Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That felt like it might've been an inspection visit, so he might've taken the Arquitens and left his flagship with his fleet. Pretty good episode. I like Zeb asking if Ezra had collected that one yet. Also Chop's Y-wing PTSD.

Thrawn I'm stil a bit leery on, but my worries are abating pretty fast.

Oh and of course "You didn't think that through, did you?" "Uh..." Should've tossed a grenade instead

Also, someone either goofed or they replaced the Phantom. I'm guessing the former.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup, actively killing the Ghost crew would probably be detrimental to his plans.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

. Rex . Episode :dance:

Preview (putting it as a link just in case)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That was a good episode.

Who's Rodger?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup, IIRC he was even ordered to retreat to Agamar at the end of those episodes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I actually recently watched that arc because Saw Guerrea and Rogue One. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

drunkill posted:

Loved the stormtroopers little chat.

I found it both amusing and distressing how much the Stormtroopers just completely tuned out these robotic killing machines. Sure B1s aren't that accurate, but they were standing right there and could've done the same thing the stormtroopers did in short order. In fact that was what I expected would happen, that B12668 or whatever his name designation was would get impatient with the chatty troopers and gun them down (but I guess he'd have to be pretty stupid to do that and, as Kalani said, they weren't at war).

B1s get no respect.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Man, there was one bit of dialogue in this episode that was just loving awful.

Ezra: "If none of you won the Clone War, then who did?"
Zeb: "The Empire."
Ezra: "That's right Zeb! But how did you know?"

Just so clunky and terrible and it doesn't even make sense.

I think Zeb wasn't answering EZzra. I think it was more of a "The Empire (is here guys)" given what he said just after that but I dunno. Thats how I read it at least.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey. That guy was in the Darth Maul comic.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

More impressive, especially as shown in The Clone Wars series, is his ability to constantly adapt to the constant interference of the Jedi and others and sometimes even twist the outcomes of their heroics in his favor.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cross-Section posted:

Anyway, a new episode's out, kinda bummed that jet-pack Sabine seems to be a one-off thing given how obvious they were about the damage to it at the end.

I loved how upset she sounded about it. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Depends on which version you look at, I'm guessing that is aimed at Karen Traviss' interpretation.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Given the subject matters (Mandolorians, Halo Spartans, Gears) I always figured she had some kinda hard on for military fascism.

Oh and she was still on the Star Wars writing staff when The Clone Wars started introducing the modern form of Mandolorians. She threw a fit about it, IIRC.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 7, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pulling away from Mandos for a bit, I like the modifications they made to that old separatist shuttle:

Old

New:

They solved the massive fin issue by... cutting most of it off :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

My short list would probably be Embo, Cad Bane, Dengar (That Mummy gently caress!), or Zuckus.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, I guess it would be yet another chance for Boba to get owned by his kryptonite: a blind man. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

EVIL NOONER posted:

i'm not shocked tbh. imperials don't like working with bounty hunters and it was somewhat of a desperate measure that the empire employed them. and that was for a famous hero of a united rebellion.

They've pissed off more than just the Empire though. Azmorrigan I'm sure has no scruples about using Bounty Hunters

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Weird Disney scheduling. After the new episode next week will be a multi-week break. :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Admiral Konstantine got dangerously close to pissing off Thrawn I think with that blatant lie.

[edit] Its amazing the number of people bitching about Thrawn letting the heroes go again. Thrawn doesn't care about the Ghost except for how it can lead him to crushing the entire rebellion in one swoop. If he had blasted the Ghost and Sato in this episode all he'd do is cause the Rebellion a modest setback and lose his best lead to seeing how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 20, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hondo should've looted this treasure. :unsmigghh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don't get why people latch so hard onto the whole "The Empire is racist" thing. That itself was a product of the EU. The only instance of imperial racism I can recall is the supervising officer of Cell Block 1138 calling Chewie "a thing". I guess the other possible sign is that there are no obvious non human imperials on screen? But that is true for the Rebellion too for the first two movies and even much of RotJ (Han's commando team is all human men for example).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don't remember wookie enslavement being mentioned in the movies. Chewie is the only wookie in the OT. Were they carting them away in cages at the end of RotS? I genuinely don't remember.

The culture thing is there but the new Tarkin novel portrays/interprets it as more of a "Posh Core Worlders vs frontiersmen" angle. So it doesn't have to automatically mean racism.

As for the Nazi comparison that's always an easy (and often stylish) visual shorthand for "these guys are evil" bit it doesn't have to automatically mean they're racist. Especially after they've already shown off their genocidal side by blowing up an entire populated planet. A planet which was, using Leia and her crew if Alderanneans as our only examples, probably mostly humans.

I just don't get why people dislike the concept of alien imperials so much. Hell if you want to stick to the Nazi analogues he's Vichy French.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 29, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

No they tell the officer he is a "prisoner transfer" from another cell block.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Funny how we only see human chancellors in the prequels

Sheev's aide/buddy/whatever from the PT, Pas Ameeda (might be getting this name totally wrong, the blue guy) is the Imperial Grand Vizier in the new canon.

Not quite Chancellor, but vice prez isn't too bad.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tarquinn posted:

Great!

But wayyyy too early.

Wait, where are we in the timeline at the moment?

Roughly one year before ANH/R1.

Might be just early design data. I bet that is from the data cache they recovered from Zeebo's implant in S1.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The reason people say the Empire is racist is because it's staffed entirely by white men.

Yeah, but so was the Rebellion for the first two movies, and even in the third all you've got alienwise is Ackbar and his staff, Lando's Copilot, and a reference to "Bothans" who, being just a name, aren't necessarily aliens if the three movies exist in a vacuum.

I guess the Rebellion did have a handful of women scattered around.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Good things can be kept and recycled. Bad things (EG: Vong, Darksaber, Mando Mil-Fascist Fetishism, Darth Emo Jacen, Mara Jade, etc etc) can be thrown in the trash.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Narcissus1916 posted:

The problem is that what gets turned back into canon is almost always up for grabs by who's creatively in charge. Look at how much of "Classic" DC characters came back into play the second Geoff Johns got his hands on the throttle at DC, or the huge amount of characters brought into mainstream Marvel when Bendis rose to prominence.

That is why the Lucas Story Group exists, granted its member ship can change, but its still a multi-person body that approves all story stuff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Actually I do believe the TIE Defender has 3 engines. Vader's Advanced has four, so really the "Twin" part doesn't hold out on many TIEs.

Covok posted:

TIE Experimental mk 1 is hilariously dumb. Two cockpits, one wing (so it isn't even a TIE fighter as it only has one ion engine), and the guns on the sides of the cockpit. So much wrong in one starship.

The second "cockpit" actually houses a light turbolaser/super heavy blaster.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Im sure whatever you just said is minor cameo stuff but I guess I gotta avoid this thread. Someone is eventually going to spoil R1 in here and I won't be able to see it for at least a week.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

One bit of speculation/fanwank I've heard is that while crispy-fried Anakin is getting his no-sedatives Vaderfication surgery he is basically unconsciously reaching out to Padme with The Force and his pain, anguish, anger, etc all basically smother her while she is in childbirth.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Didn't he ask Kasdan or someone else to do script on phantom menace and they declined?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They're buried faaaar down in the official Star Wars channel videos by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDwquiwRM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSJRKB8x9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pxyXtBuXHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy9waYcrE8k

[edit] Watching these kind shows just how much the series has improved. It looks so... "off" compared to Season 3. Especially the lighting.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 27, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Like The Clone Wars (or most TV shows in general) the first season or so is a bit weak while the writers, staff, and actors figure things out and settle into a groove (plus the animation budget improves considerable from what I can tell). Part of it depends on if you watched The Clone Wars series (the CGI one, not the Gendy cartoon).

The significant budget cut compared to The Clone Wars (TCW) series doesn't help things visually (Disney understandably isn't pouring absurd amounts of cash into it like George Lucas was for The Clone Wars as a pet project). The storytelling is also a different style from TCW as it follows a small cast of characters closely rather than moving around the galaxy featuring various groups at different times. Most episodes are also self-contained (but do set up future events) compared to TCW's 2-5 episode mini story arcs. Honestly I have a hard time not involving TCW when talking about Rebel's pros and cons.

Its definitely a kid's show (though one with more maturity than some give it credit for IMO) and it definitely sticks close to the Original Trilogy's "campy space action adventure" feel.

But yes, the first season is a bit weak, especially the first half, but it rapidly improves and definitely finds its feet by the opening of Season 2 and takes off running so that by Season 3 (which we're currently halfway through) its going strong.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 27, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

BigRed0427 posted:

Was The Clone Wars any good? I tend to avoid stuff related to the Prequel Trilogy.

They handled Anakin better than the majority of the PT movies, IMO.

The first two seasons are kinda mediocre/bad (especially the pilot movie) but it improves rapidly over the 5-6 seasons it ran for. They (and Rebels) also turn the Clone Troopers into some of my favorite characters in the entire Star Wars canon, also some of the most tragic in a quiet way.

Rebels has some carryovers from The Clone Wars (two supporting characters, minor other characters, other references) but its not required viewing for Rebels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its kinda funny that. Given she was such an annoying brat to start with.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Empress Brosephine posted:

hmm that makes sense just you think one of them could atleast hit one of these goobers especially when theyre sitting in the middle of a battlefield monologing

Eh plot armor is an old friend of Star Wars Protagonists.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yes, Gold Squadron is from the OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJV_B1TzQM

Minor Rogue One/ANH connection spoiler: Gold and Read Leads in Rogue One are the same Squadron commanders that die at the Battle of Yavin. Both were put in Rogue One via unused footage/audio from A New Hope

Minor Trivia: Vander is an Onderonian like Saw.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 30, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Offhand thought related to Rogue One... and potential happens in Rebels in the future.

We saw the Ghost during the space battle as well as IIRC a blue-trimmed CR90 that was very likely Liberator, Sato's corvette, what we did not see however was the Quasar Fire carrier, Phoenix Home. I hope it wasn't lost at some point. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Chop came to Yavin cause he heard that rear end in a top hat R2-D2 was chilling out there and wanted to remind him who the coolest Astromech was.

• Locked thread